Author Topic: I'm Having Surgery on Thursday  (Read 7870 times)

Critter

Re: I'm Having Surgery on Thursday
« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2010, 12:10:51 AM »
I found swilling salt water really helped. Pretty disgusting if you accidentally swallow some, but worth doing.

I have to start doing that from today. Rinsing my mouth out with warm salty water 4 times a day. The thought worried me at first but my Mum has assured me that it's soothing.

Najemikon

« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2010, 12:19:20 AM »
Ah, good stuff. You're mum's right. It's such a relief, you might become addicted... ;)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2010, 01:17:38 AM »
The salt had something more for it : it's a pretty good cleaner for your recent scar, so it prevents any infection.

karmesinrot

« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2010, 01:33:54 AM »
Saline is supposed to be a great disinfectant but the one time I tried to swill it, it nearly made me throw up! I hope you're feeling better soon Sophie!

Critter

« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2010, 04:41:16 AM »
Thanks guys, so I have done the salt thing for the first time and didn't think it was too bad. It sort of felt nice, although it wasn't an entirely large mouth rinse since I can hardly even open my mouth right now haha.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2010, 06:56:51 AM »
Nobody told me about the salt at athe time :shrug:

Wish you to get better soon as well.

Jelly was invented to be eaten with vanilla sauce!

Roger, had your second check-up yet...?

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2010, 07:04:16 AM »
Hot raspberry jam on vanilla ice cream is wonderful. So is hot peanut butter. Or hot fudge. Or... :drooling:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2010, 07:12:10 AM »
Hot raspberry jam on vanilla ice cream is wonderful. So is hot peanut butter. Or hot fudge. Or... :drooling:
My mum used to make a hot rasperry sauce for ice cream, on occasion. I am German, so the peanut butter is not so much my thing, not having grown up with it, but the hot fugde sounds tempting.

Then again, ice cream is pretty much off my diet, especially these days with me carrying around to much extra weight :weep:

karmesinrot

« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2010, 01:35:11 PM »
Vanilla sauce? I've never heard of that! I'm really in the mood for some sort of huge sundae now! :P

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2010, 02:30:04 PM »
One of my first jobs was as a waitress at Friendly's Ice Cream. I loved to try the different things. One of my favorites was toasted almond fudge ice cream with hot fudge and whipped cream. Oh and of course slivered almonds and a cherry on top!

I too have to be careful with what I eat, another lovely thing of aging, but I never begrudge myself. I still have my ice cream but now it is a small serving of vanilla with a drizzle of topping. I don't buy the heavy cream anymore because I couldn't resist.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 19, 2010, 03:40:10 PM »
Vanilla sauce? I've never heard of that! I'm really in the mood for some sort of huge sundae now! :P
Before I make myself ridiculous, we are talking about the glibbery stuff in the US usually referred to as jell-o, right? Then yes, I  grew up having that with vanilla sauce.

I too have to be careful with what I eat, another lovely thing of aging, [...]
When I realized it was too late already :weep:

snowcat

« Reply #71 on: May 19, 2010, 06:03:46 PM »
Ahh Jelly and Ice cream :( If only it helped soothed the pains of early onset arthritis  :laugh:

darn fingers! typing is hard work.  :bag:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 19, 2010, 07:35:49 PM »
I too have to be careful with what I eat, another lovely thing of aging, [...]
When I realized it was too late already :weep:
Can't wait to reach these mysterious ages when the food will finally put some more weight on my body :P

Critter

« Reply #73 on: May 20, 2010, 01:35:04 AM »
So I have finally moved from eating just ice-cream, to now ice-cream and soup. I didn't realise how much I was missing savoury food until I had that lovely cup of creamy mushroom soup. Now that I can't eat solid foods I'm thinking of all the solid food I want to eat! When my mouth is better again I'm going to have a massive list haha.

Rogmeister

« Reply #74 on: May 20, 2010, 04:42:48 AM »
I spent last night at my father's home because he had cataract surgery himself.  Someone had to do it and I was elected, even though I didn't get a vote.  Then I went to see my own eye doctor this morning.  He feels everything is progressing nicely and I now won't see him for about 2 weeks.