Author Topic: Playstation 3  (Read 56729 times)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Playstation 3
« Reply #645 on: December 26, 2010, 04:07:04 PM »
I know some other games gave me that option, but not RDR... Are you connected via HDMI? Does your TV have any settings regarding "Dot by Dot" or similar  :headscratch: Can't really help much here...

Critter

« Reply #646 on: December 26, 2010, 11:54:20 PM »
It's okay, it's not really a major issue, the only real problem is when I go to a new area and the title of the chapter or whatever it is comes up I can only see the very top of it, so I can't read it.

I'm finding RDR in all very hard to control, it feels laggy. Although that could be because I've been playing Uncharted for so long that my hands are just so used to those controls. I need to re train my hands to a different set of controls.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: December 28, 2010, 06:32:24 AM »
That sounds definetely worse than just overscanning (my TV does quite a bit of that). There's gotta be something that can be done.

I'm finding RDR in all very hard to control, it feels laggy. Although that could be because I've been playing Uncharted for so long that my hands are just so used to those controls. I need to re train my hands to a different set of controls.
Not sure about the "laggy", but learning the controls again was also something I had to do. As you recall I had been replaying U2 myself and now button assignment is quite different; most importantly the cover system is rather different! Took me about 1-2 hours to re-adjust. :shrug:

Critter

« Reply #648 on: December 28, 2010, 06:39:40 AM »
It did feel laggy the first time, although that might be because I kept trying to control the horse with the wrong analogue stick.  :laugh: It's already getting a little easier but I still have hardly had a chance to play as the TV is taken up all day now. I think after a few more hours it should just be second nature. This seems to always be a problem when moving from one game to another for me.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #649 on: December 28, 2010, 06:52:38 AM »
It did feel laggy the first time, although that might be because I kept trying to control the horse with the wrong analogue stick.  :laugh: It's already getting a little easier but I still have hardly had a chance to play as the TV is taken up all day now. I think after a few more hours it should just be second nature. This seems to always be a problem when moving from one game to another for me.

Do you know how to play poker? I still haven't bothered to learn yet. I know nothing about card games.  :-[

Critter

« Reply #650 on: December 28, 2010, 08:27:45 AM »
I know nothing about card games either. And I've still only actually played the game for about 30 mins (damn cricket!) so I haven't had time to do much exploring yet.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #651 on: December 28, 2010, 09:17:43 AM »
Maybe you should move the PS3 to another room for a while. Or maybe be a big girl and put your foot down.  :laugh:

Critter

« Reply #652 on: December 28, 2010, 09:27:46 AM »
Not an option, I usually just have to wait until night when everyone else has gone to sleep and then game for an hour or so before I go to sleep. Stupid TV obsessed family, my Mum is the worst, there is never anything good on but she watches it constantly just for something to do.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #653 on: December 28, 2010, 12:34:36 PM »
I'm enjoying Black Ops, not as good as I was expecting but it has it has some great moments. I killed a shit load of Vietcong today.   

snowcat

« Reply #654 on: December 28, 2010, 08:07:23 PM »
Im really enjoying Bishock 2!

I forgot I said I was going to take photos of the special edition I have its amazing!

Najemikon

« Reply #655 on: December 28, 2010, 08:33:07 PM »
Thanks to Steam's crazy sale offers, I also have BioShock 2.  ;D

I really must finish BioShock 1 someday.  :bag:

snowcat

« Reply #656 on: December 28, 2010, 09:03:20 PM »
I love the Bioshock games! i need to get the first one on PS3 ... I borrowed it from my brother for the 360 but id like to play it again.

snowcat

« Reply #657 on: December 28, 2010, 10:14:20 PM »
So I was just given a new game!

my cousins and I used to love watching WWF when we were kids we would pretend we were characters and wrestle each other we had great fun!

they just dropped off a late christmas present for me WWE Legends of Wrestlemania.... It looks awesome! so many characters I remember!

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #658 on: December 28, 2010, 10:34:22 PM »
So I was just given a new game!

my cousins and I used to love watching WWF when we were kids we would pretend we were characters and wrestle each other we had great fun!

they just dropped off a late christmas present for me WWE Legends of Wrestlemania.... It looks awesome! so many characters I remember!

I went to get a copy of that game yesterday, EB Games had it for $20. But I was too late.  :weep:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #659 on: December 28, 2010, 11:15:54 PM »
I've heard that the Bioshock games are good.  I might try to rent one or something.