Author Topic: Playstation 3  (Read 56688 times)

Dr. Hasslein

Re: Playstation 3
« Reply #705 on: January 21, 2011, 04:16:22 AM »
Of course I do. Everyone does.  There is no such thing as too many DVDs..or Blu-rays. :D

(See how good I am at denial?  ;D)

You're starting to sound like Kathy.  :hysterical:

I made a promise to myself, that if I ever mistakenly by a DVD/Blu-ray title I already own, I'll stop collecting then and there. I figure that's a good indication of owning too many. Assuming I actually manage to keep that promise.  :hysterical:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #706 on: January 21, 2011, 04:29:06 AM »
 :laugh:  Ok.
Well..I haven't done that..least not for myself.  I have dilebertly gotten duplicates before..new versions with better extras or something like that..or Blu-ray when I had the DVD.  That's it...
Though I did end up getting my mom and step dad a western for Christmas they already had.   :laugh:  First time I've done that since I got my stepdad 2 copies of one of the Star Trek movies the same year for Christmas.   :hysterical:

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #707 on: January 21, 2011, 04:35:22 AM »
Yeah I upgrade to better editions sometimes as well, that's allowed.  :laugh:

A former friend of mine once bought me a copy of Lost in Space for Christmas one year. Which was fine but the thing was he watched it first. If I wasn't such a nice guy I would have told him to stick it in his ass.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #708 on: January 21, 2011, 04:38:20 AM »
 :laugh:
It was a present for you but he watched it first.  Unhuh.  Ok.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #709 on: January 21, 2011, 04:41:01 AM »
That's right. I don't know about about you, but that shit is messed up.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #710 on: January 21, 2011, 04:56:21 AM »
Unhuh.

Oh..I almost forgot..lol  I did play Bioshock a little more last night.  I'm still in the same level..medical something or other.  I'm trying to find doctor somebody for a key.  Well that is the ultimate goal I think.  But now I have to find something for telekenisis or flame throwing or something first.  I can't remember at the moment.  I did get swarmed once or twice by the splicers or whatever they are called.  I did get my camera all screwed up once again..but I managed to deal with all of them and not die..though it was close. 

I've also hacked some of the machines...let me think.....a turret, one of the vending machines that sell health stuff...  there was 1 or 2 others too.  I haven't gotten to the camera stuff yet.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #711 on: January 21, 2011, 05:01:01 AM »
It's been well over two years since I played bioshock but I vaguely remember the medical centre. You're doing well by the sounds of it.  :laugh:
How you been given the choice between killing and saving a little sister yet?

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: January 21, 2011, 06:42:30 AM »
Of course I do. Everyone does.  There is no such thing as too many DVDs..or Blu-rays. :D
My motto usually is, that I may have too many DVDs/Blu-ray, but I will certainly never have enough ;)

I made a promise to myself, that if I ever mistakenly by a DVD/Blu-ray title I already own, I'll stop collecting then and there. I figure that's a good indication of owning too many. Assuming I actually manage to keep that promise.  :hysterical:
Thank God I never made promises like that :bag: It happened at least twice. Just recently I added Flash Gordon to an order fromAxel Music, somewhat as an impulse buy. When trying to add it to DVD Profiler I couldn't find it in the Wish List anymore, yet when using Add by Title it showed up as Owned :slaphead: ...I had just bought it few month earlier when on a shopping spree in Hong Kong :-[ (Luckily I could quickly cancel the order and change it to something else.)

It's been well over two years since I played bioshock but I vaguely remember the medical centre. You're doing well by the sounds of it.  :laugh:
*utters agreement*

snowcat

« Reply #713 on: January 22, 2011, 03:11:15 AM »
 :yahoo: I did it! I completed Bioshock on survivor mode with vita chambers off!  :yahoo:

....Moving on hmmm.... now what should I play? I have far too many games to pick from.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #714 on: January 22, 2011, 03:15:06 AM »
I haven't gotten to the Big Daddy and Little Sister yet.  I thought I was going to at one point..I could see them in a tunnel or something next to me...but they didn't show up. I thought sure I was going to have to fight him.

I do have a little trouble looking at the map sometimes...being able to tell what is what at times..or which way to go.

:yahoo: I did it! I completed Bioshock on survivor mode with vita chambers off!  :yahoo:

....Moving on hmmm.... now what should I play? I have far too many games to pick from.

Show off :p

:laugh:

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #715 on: January 22, 2011, 03:53:51 AM »

What on earth does that mean?

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #716 on: January 22, 2011, 04:50:47 AM »
Are the vita chambers the things that bring you back to life if you die?

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #717 on: January 22, 2011, 04:53:36 AM »
Yeah I think that's them, it's been a while.  :-[

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #718 on: January 22, 2011, 04:55:15 AM »
Ok
So maybe that means she didn't die while in survivor mode.
The instruction book says that every bullet counts in survivor...

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: January 22, 2011, 04:57:25 AM »
Are the vita chambers the things that bring you back to life if you die?

Yes.

There is trophy/achievement for doing this, which is apparently what Emma may have tried to get. Or she just wanted the additional challenge, since each time you die you uhave to reload the last save, which will probaly throw you back further than the nearest vita chamber. Also, when using vita chambers only let's you keep what you had when you died (ammo, plasmids), which become very valuable in Survivor, I'd assume.

I started playing LittleBigPlanet 2 (challenging as ever, even early on) and also got Mass Effect 2 yesterday. Next week Dead Space 2 is coming out. Luckily the week after next is Chinese New Year, so I will hive lots of time to play...