Author Topic: Playstation 3  (Read 56683 times)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Playstation 3
« Reply #690 on: January 19, 2011, 10:16:46 AM »
Yes I am playing it on easy mode.  Easy seems my pace with this one.  Like I said before, I tried easy on something else and was still swarmed by monsters.  Even if I finish the game - I don't have a good record at actually finishing games  :laugh: - I don't know that I'll try normal.  I'll have to wait and see.
Interested wording you use there :hmmmm: Personally I think you "finished a game" when saw the end credits roll. You wouldn't believe how many people don't even play that far! (Some developers have stats about that.) Getting all achievement/Obtaining the platunum trophy is an added bonus beyond that, giving you brag rights or whatever...

If I like a game I will try hard to play to the end. Then it depends how I judge the difficulty of the remaining trophies whether I will attempt to get platinum.

For example, I definitely want to complete Bioshock, but from what I have seen I doubt it will be in Survivor mode :laugh:; maybe not even Normal :hysterical:

So have you the please of igniting that puddle of oil while that guy was standing it? I love that part.  :devil:
I think this is quite a bit later than where she is now...

snowcat

« Reply #691 on: January 20, 2011, 12:08:29 AM »
:p Achim Survivor mode is really a challenge! Im enjoying it quite a bit! Im just in Hephaestus.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #692 on: January 20, 2011, 02:21:41 AM »
Yes I am playing it on easy mode.  Easy seems my pace with this one.  Like I said before, I tried easy on something else and was still swarmed by monsters.  Even if I finish the game - I don't have a good record at actually finishing games  :laugh: - I don't know that I'll try normal.  I'll have to wait and see.
Interested wording you use there :hmmmm: Personally I think you "finished a game" when saw the end credits roll. You wouldn't believe how many people don't even play that far! (Some developers have stats about that.) Getting all achievement/Obtaining the platunum trophy is an added bonus beyond that, giving you brag rights or whatever...

If I like a game I will try hard to play to the end. Then it depends how I judge the difficulty of the remaining trophies whether I will attempt to get platinum.

For example, I definitely want to complete Bioshock, but from what I have seen I doubt it will be in Survivor mode :laugh:; maybe not even Normal :hysterical:

So have you the please of igniting that puddle of oil while that guy was standing it? I love that part.  :devil:
I think this is quite a bit later than where she is now...

Ok..this is rather embarrassing..but...I've only ever finished one game before..and that was on child mode.   :hysterical:  It was a cartoon type game.  Then I tried easy and got stuck on level 2.   :hysterical:
So...I seem to suck at games. 
I have made a lot of progress in Kingdom Hearts...Fairly close to the end I think..I just haven't taken the time to play it for a while.  But I can do that one and I have fun with it.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #693 on: January 20, 2011, 02:28:40 AM »
Amature!  :laugh:

You should really chech out the Uncharted series, it's a must for every PS3 owner.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #694 on: January 20, 2011, 04:31:06 AM »
Yes I know...I suck.   :laugh:  But I have fun, so that's the main thing.

What type of games are the Uncharted ones?  shooters?  fighting?

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #695 on: January 20, 2011, 04:43:19 AM »
Uncharted is mainly third person shooter as well are fighting and lots of climbing,
it's one big epic adventure. Uncharted 2 is regarded as one of the best games ever made.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 06:04:29 AM by Dr. Hasslein »

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: January 20, 2011, 06:18:06 AM »
But I have fun, so that's the main thing.
:clap: :thumbsup:

Uncharted also has an Easy mode (;)) and indeed well worth playing.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #697 on: January 20, 2011, 08:39:00 AM »
Uncharted on easy is too easy, you're pretty much invincible.  :laugh: But it's still great fun!

I also recommend Heavy Rain. Like all of us here you love movies and it's easy to play.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #698 on: January 21, 2011, 12:31:13 AM »
I'll have to think about those after I see how I do with Bioshock.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #699 on: January 21, 2011, 02:20:25 AM »
You don't think, you do!  :laugh:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #700 on: January 21, 2011, 03:29:19 AM »
 :hysterical:

Is like Yoda saying there is try, either do or do not?
 :laugh:

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #701 on: January 21, 2011, 03:41:56 AM »
See now you're getting it.  :laugh:

Also you should get your PS3 connected online. There are so many good casual games that one could easily waste their life on.  :hysterical:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #702 on: January 21, 2011, 03:48:08 AM »
I know...I need to get a router or whatever it is called to get a wireless connection going.  I'll probably try to get one in the next month or so...work is picking up so I'll have one or two really good paychecks.   So I'll probably get one then.  And some new movies. :D

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #703 on: January 21, 2011, 03:57:55 AM »
Yeah you definitely need more DVDs.  :laugh:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #704 on: January 21, 2011, 04:08:06 AM »
Of course I do. Everyone does.  There is no such thing as too many DVDs..or Blu-rays. :D

(See how good I am at denial?  ;D)