Author Topic: Playstation 3  (Read 56755 times)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Playstation 3
« Reply #525 on: December 14, 2010, 10:53:00 AM »
No, just the single player trophies. Multilayer trophies are all additional, it would hardly seem fair if you had to collect them as not everyone has their PS3 online.
This causes confusion time and again...

In order to get a Platinum you have to obtain all trophies that came with the game when it originally shipped. That includes in this case one or two multiplayer trophies as well (very easy ones though). Any trophy addeed later with DLC is not required for the Platinum. (On other forums I see posts that people want to get a platinum quickly, before the DLC is released, as they worry the new trophies are added to the requirement...).

Not sure about Uncharted 2, but newer games now often actually split the trophies visually, either by making them look different, by mentioning something in the description or even by providing a seperate section for each DLC.

Critter

« Reply #526 on: December 14, 2010, 11:38:58 AM »
Well, at least we got closer that time Kevin.
Also, I just had to say after we beat the shield level, and were about to go to the sniper level there was a time when you were just waiting around at the checkpoint and I just kind of stopped. Sorry about that, my Mum called me from Tasmania and I had to speak to her quickly. Another reason why we need mics haha, I would have looked as if I was just standing around for no reason.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #527 on: December 14, 2010, 12:09:27 PM »
Yeah, we are getting better at it. I think I threw a punch at you while you were on the phone.  :laugh:
Those guys sleeper hold guys are a pain, they just come out of no where.

Critter

« Reply #528 on: December 14, 2010, 12:17:01 PM »
Yeah they are annoying. They are designed so that they get you while you are not looking and then there's nothing you can do till your buddy comes along to free you. It's a good idea for co op reasons but they are a pain.
Also, I think for that sniper level we should try just taking one side each next time. We were sort of stuck in the middle and they were firing from both left and right, I think if we just tried to cover one each then we might have a better chance than both running back and forth between both sides.

Najemikon

« Reply #529 on: December 14, 2010, 09:16:00 PM »
Well, at least we got closer that time Kevin.
Also, I just had to say after we beat the shield level, and were about to go to the sniper level there was a time when you were just waiting around at the checkpoint and I just kind of stopped. Sorry about that, my Mum called me from Tasmania and I had to speak to her quickly. Another reason why we need mics haha, I would have looked as if I was just standing around for no reason.

Critter

« Reply #530 on: December 14, 2010, 11:12:19 PM »
Haha is it bad that the middle guy in that sort of lives up to the stereotype I have heard of pretty much every single xbox online player?  :tease:

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #531 on: December 14, 2010, 11:16:11 PM »
Look up the Online Gamer on youtube, then you'll see stereotypical xbox live player but a little more exagerated.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: December 15, 2010, 05:41:02 AM »
Yeah they are annoying. They are designed so that they get you while you are not looking and then there's nothing you can do till your buddy comes along to free you. It's a good idea for co op reasons but they are a pain.
Also, I think for that sniper level we should try just taking one side each next time. We were sort of stuck in the middle and they were firing from both left and right, I think if we just tried to cover one each then we might have a better chance than both running back and forth between both sides.
If a third guy can help, I can try to make myself available. However, since you are three hours ahead (I think), scheduling might be troublesome.

On the bad side, I have not played in quite some time (just picked it up again last weeked for a while); but if we appoint, I'll practice. I'll be honest, without arranging this beforehand and trying to meet by chance I may not be able to free myself from Fallout just yet :bag:

Oh, by the way: Actual gameplay footage presented at Jimmy Fallon show.

Critter

« Reply #533 on: December 15, 2010, 05:43:07 AM »
We could really use you Achim! I think three people means we might actually succeed in a mission, as so far we have only failed (this is mostly my fault  :P). I'm available a lot, but Kevin has a bit going on. I'm sure we can find a time at one point.
We usually arrange times in advance and not just go for chance meetings. So we will let you know.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: December 15, 2010, 05:46:33 AM »
We could really use you Achim! I think three people means we might actually succeed in a mission, as so far we have only failed (this is mostly my fault  :P). I'm available a lot, but Kevin has a bit going on. I'm sure we can find a time at one point.
We usually arrange times in advance and not just go for chance meetings. So we will let you know.
I am not home tonight, but will start practicing tomorrow ;D Not sure about my weekend plans yet either.

Does this invlove paid DLC or are thosae co-op missions freely added or even the original ones? (I remember one in the Nepal village and another one using the map just before reaching that castle in the mountains, right after the awesome truck chase.)

Critter

« Reply #535 on: December 15, 2010, 06:11:33 AM »
I have the extra DLC co op maps but kevin doesn't. So far we have only played the ones that come with the game. But as we haven't managed to beat any of them yet there's no real need for the DLC ones.

By the way I just watched that Uncharted 3 gameplay footage. Very funny when Fallon was playing, and it looks amazing! Especially the fire, they have got that very right this time round. Such an improvement over the years, I mean do you remember what fire looked like in Uncharted 1?

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #536 on: December 15, 2010, 06:41:57 AM »
That was some great gameplay footage. See Drake land on that guy? What a take down!

Critter

« Reply #537 on: December 15, 2010, 06:44:19 AM »
I noticed that too! Looks like so much fun, I would love to jump off a balcony and take down an enemy like that.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: December 15, 2010, 09:37:52 AM »
Yeah, Fallon had a real hard time aiming :laugh: And he shot the less threatening guy (he didn't seem to have a gun) before the one that was shooting him. :hysterical: But hey, being on live TV I might not have done better :bag:

I am not sure I ever played the co-op on Crushing... :hmmmm: I believe I completed at least one of them at least once (I think the one in the village). Cover is your firend, as always, but some of the cover breaks away :(, so it can get hectic at times.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #539 on: December 15, 2010, 09:42:25 AM »
Say what you want about Fallon, but he sure is one lucky bastard to have been able to play it.