Author Topic: Playstation 3  (Read 56834 times)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Playstation 3
« Reply #300 on: November 09, 2010, 06:07:42 AM »
That's a shame. I really want a good game with a female lead, but they all seem to be crap. Maybe I'll try Bayonetta.
You could play a RPG and create a female character :P

I also played the demo only. I thought the mechanic to use all those special move (jumping, wall running, floor sliding) is cool, it turned out it was actually necessary to do them, otherwise the bullets didn't hurt enemies as much :-\ Given this, things became cumbersome and repetetive...

Critter

« Reply #301 on: November 09, 2010, 11:11:11 AM »
I know you can play as a female in games like Dragon Age Origins and Mass Effect 2. Which other ones are there?

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #302 on: November 09, 2010, 11:37:28 AM »
Maybe try the Good Game forum, that's if anyone still goes there.  :hysterical:

Critter

« Reply #303 on: November 09, 2010, 11:40:16 AM »
Some people still use the Good Game forum, but it seems a lot of their discussion is done on Facebook now. Both on the official Good Game site and the pages for Hex and Bajo. I have posted on Hex's page a few times, it's very cool becuase she actually replies and answers your questions.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 09, 2010, 11:46:16 AM »
I know you can play as a female in games like Dragon Age Origins and Mass Effect 2. Which other ones are there?
Technically the Fallout games... But since it's mainly a FPS you rarely see your character.

Borderlands gives you four characters to choose from, one of which is a girl. It's not really a full-blown RPG, but quite a cool game nonetheless.

Critter

« Reply #305 on: November 09, 2010, 11:51:20 AM »
Both Borderlands and the Fallout games are already on my Christmas list  :thumbup:

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #306 on: November 09, 2010, 11:51:49 AM »
Some people still use the Good Game forum, but it seems a lot of their discussion is done on Facebook now. Both on the official Good Game site and the pages for Hex and Bajo. I have posted on Hex's page a few times, it's very cool becuase she actually replies and answers your questions.

I'm no longer a fan of Good Game. Since Junglist left it's become very juvenile. But it's good of Hex to answer people's questions, it shows she cares.

Critter

« Reply #307 on: November 09, 2010, 12:00:07 PM »
I'm personally sick of all the Junglist fanboys. I've been watching the show on and off for about 3 years and I have never enjoyed it more than since when Hex started to host. And also some Jung fans have been quite cruel towards Hex about it, when really none of it was her fault at all. She simply applied for a job and got it, it's not like she personally went out of her way to fire Jung so people need to get off her case.
By the way, I just realised that probably sounds like I'm accusing you, which I'm not becuase I know you personally said nothing bad about Hex, but I just needed to vent... as you can probably tell, I have a thing for Hex. I also follow her blog and twitter (yes I'm a stalker).

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #308 on: November 09, 2010, 12:06:30 PM »
You're a little hot head aren't you.  :laugh:
I actually like Hex, if you ask me Bajo needs to go.

Critter

« Reply #309 on: November 09, 2010, 12:10:54 PM »
I dunno, I quite like Bajo, and of course I'm madly in love with Hex. Things seemed a bit rough when she first started but now that the show has been on for a long time they seem to work well with either other. The conversation between them works well and feels quite natural and is often funny. You haven't watched any episodes recently have you? They just had this great competition with over 200 people entering with Zombie movies to win a life-sized zombie statue from Dead Rising 2 called Brian.

And also... hot head? Yeah... I suppose it fits.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #310 on: November 09, 2010, 12:17:36 PM »
I download the show every week. I skim through it and only watch the parts I like, which amounts to about 5 minutes.

Critter

« Reply #311 on: November 09, 2010, 12:19:00 PM »
I watch it every week on ABC2. It's currently the only show I watch on TV that I never miss an episode of. My Mum even watches it with me and she has pretty much no interest in gaming at all.

Critter

« Reply #312 on: November 09, 2010, 10:39:04 PM »
So I finished playing Flower last night. Really great game, even if it was too short. At this stage I will have to replay it (maybe a few times) to obtain more trophies, but I will probably post a review for it soon in our video game marathon.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #313 on: November 09, 2010, 11:27:33 PM »
I've almost got all the trophies. The one I'm really going to struggle on is the trophy for getting to the city unscaved.

What is this video game marathon? Sound goods but I can only play a game for 2 hours max, after than I'm done. My persoanly record is 7 straight hours of Bioshock on the PS3, that was an experience.

Critter

« Reply #314 on: November 09, 2010, 11:41:00 PM »
Heh, it's not an actual "marathon", it's just the name of a thread where anyone can contribute reviews on video games of any platform.

Also, I personally can't play games for a long time either. I struggle to even play for one straight hour as I tend to get sore wrists (I've always had pretty weak wrists). I usually play in half hour of 40 minute blocks at the most then take breaks.

Here's the link.
http://www.dvdcollectorsonline.com/index.php/topic,6188.0.html