Author Topic: Polanski breaks his silence  (Read 4372 times)

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Polanski breaks his silence
« on: May 03, 2010, 12:35:05 AM »

snowcat

Re: Polanski breaks his silence
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 01:27:21 AM »
Its always a shame when some one who makes something so great ruins it by doing something stupid like that.

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 09:07:48 PM »

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 09:17:47 PM »
So he wants to be treated fairly like everyone else....it seems to fail to grasp that anyone else who did what did would be sent to jail.

Alien Redrum

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 09:20:28 PM »
What simply astonishes me is the amount of support he gets, only because he made a few good films.

Poor Ted Bundy. If only he were a filmmaker he'd still be with us today. :(

Touti

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 09:34:55 PM »
He wants to be treated like everyone else ?  So he wants to go back to jail while waiting for a decision ?  Or do everyone else waiting for a decision on extradition live in a place like this ?

I think he should just shut the fuck up because he's having it quite easy.

Alien Redrum

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2010, 09:44:41 PM »
Wait, do I get that if I sex a 13 year old and leave the country?

LIFE IS NOT FAIR.  >:(

Alien Redrum

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2010, 02:18:39 AM »
Sorry, Jimmy, but a child rapist should be trashed talked, no matter what they do for a living.

(My opinion, of course.)

Alien Redrum

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2010, 03:20:45 AM »
Or, alternatively, I read the court transcripts that are available online, since I hate Fox -- and most 'news' channels in general since they are opinions as opposed to news. Never read People, either. Not a fan of celebrity gossip.  :)

By his own words, he admitted that he knew she was 13.

The very bottom line, no matter how it's spun, is he drugged and raped a 13 year old child. Even if one believes that he didn't drug her, he still raped a 13 year old. And I'll take it one further, even if it was consensual (which I can't honestly fathom), he still knowingly had sex with a 13 year old girl. Then he flew prosecution. Contrary to the misinformation out there, he never served his time because judgment was never officially given. A deal was made, yes, but he rolled out before anything was finalized.

Has he even paid the victim the $500,000 he promised?

God this guy is trash of the lowest form. :laugh:

Alien Redrum

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2010, 05:57:26 AM »
If a man drugs and rapes a child, I don't care who it is, I want him put down. (Except for Chuck Berry. You can't really compare filming a woman in a bathroom with a rape of a child, no matter how messed up it is.)

I personally applaud the Swiss. they are doing the right thing.

And, I'm sorry, I don't see the rape of a child as a "non-important event" and I never will. Nor would I ever put sarcastic quotes around a rape victim, especially one that isn't even an adult.

I understand this is a sensitive issue, and maybe if he hadn't admitted to knowing that she was 13, I could almost see your point, but I'm afraid I can't. He knew she was a child by his own admission.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2010, 08:46:46 AM »
For the sake of peace in this forum, I'm closing this thread. I've seen this topic get out of control on two other boards I'm visiting and it never goes anywhere because the fog of time conceals what really happened in that courtroom 30 years ago...

Sorry.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 02:13:30 PM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2010, 02:12:58 PM »
OK, I know this makes me look like a flip-flopping politican, but I've decided to re-open this topic again.

The reasons are that he is a world-renowned director and he has a lot of support in the artistic community. And since we are a board that talks about movies and such...

But please try to remain civil and don't get ad hominem.

I personally won't engage in the topic because I haven't formed an informed opinion about this whole affair and I don't intend to.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Touti

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2010, 02:47:26 PM »
This is obviously a delicate topic.  I realize now that my post yesterday saying he "should just shut the fuck up" may have been incendiary.  In any case, it doesn't properly expressed what I meant since it can clearly be interpreted as "He's scum and should just shut up" which is not what I meant.

My comment was in direct relation to the topic which isn't about the Polanski case itself but more about him breaking his silence, talking to reporters and asking to be treated like everyone else.

Demanding to be treated like everybody else implies that he is mistreated when it's clearly not the case.  He is receiving special treatment, he's being kept in a chalet that most of us could only rent for a week after saving our money for a year.  I seriously doubt that anyone else would get better condition.

That said, I believe he's right to be angry for one thing.  He was arrested months ago and he's still waiting for a decision from the Swiss authorities.  That is ridiculous, how long does it take to make a decision ?  It seems to me that the laws on this are quite clear and I don't see how it could be so complicated.

The man is clearly being held in a very comfortable way that keeping anyone for so long is ridiculous, give him to the American government or release but do something.

Touti

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2010, 02:49:00 PM »
OK, I know this makes me look like a flip-flopping politican,

Karsten,

Jimmy, Sebastien and I live in the province of Jean Charest, we're use to flip-flopping politicians  :hysterical:

Alien Redrum

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2010, 05:24:41 PM »
That said, I believe he's right to be angry for one thing.  He was arrested months ago and he's still waiting for a decision from the Swiss authorities.  That is ridiculous, how long does it take to make a decision ?  It seems to me that the laws on this are quite clear and I don't see how it could be so complicated.

The man is clearly being held in a very comfortable way that keeping anyone for so long is ridiculous, give him to the American government or release but do something.

While I have zero sympathy on how he feels he's treated, I couldn't agree with this more.

The Swiss needs to stop dicking around on this and just ship him back or move on. Of course I'm hoping an praying they do the right thing and ship him back, but the need to stop hem-hawing and do something.