Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 824968 times)

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #1875 on: August 31, 2009, 09:33:35 PM »
Last week when I was shopping for the wedding I was going to, two DVDs jumped into my hands even though I didn't plan to buy DVDs until after the FantasFilmFest which is starting this week.

Fanaa (€9.99 at Saturn)
Comeback movie of Kajol (who was on a baby break). I have watched the first half of this movie the evening before my trip to France and I love it so far.
Taare Zameen Par (€9.99 at Saturn)
This movie sounded very interesting. It stars Aamir Khan, who also starred in Ghajini (the Bollywood Memento).

RossRoy

« Reply #1876 on: September 01, 2009, 04:22:18 AM »
Received these today

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #1877 on: September 02, 2009, 08:51:39 AM »
I've got a few in the last week.

Rogmeister

« Reply #1878 on: September 02, 2009, 07:16:04 PM »
Last night I finally got a title I'd been meaning to get since it came out a few months ago, the final season of the TV sitcom Reba which completes my collection of that series.  I also bought a music CD by Reba that just cazme out.  For some reason, I don't think Pete got that item  ::)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #1879 on: September 02, 2009, 07:17:46 PM »
I haven't bought a single DVD in over a month now.  :( :bag:
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: September 02, 2009, 07:23:14 PM »
Last night I finally got a title I'd been meaning to get since it came out a few months ago, the final season of the TV sitcom Reba which completes my collection of that series.  I also bought a music CD by Reba that just cazme out.  For some reason, I don't think Pete got that item  ::)

I enjoyed Reba so much! (the sitcom... not the CD)  :P I actually bought the last set as soon as it was released. It is definitely a fun series to watch.  :thumbup:
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: September 02, 2009, 07:30:01 PM »
I haven't bought a single DVD in over a month now.  :( :bag:
What you don't support your own website :redcard:
I ain't the best one to talk since I've bought almost nothing this year :-[
But I've 3 orders this month :tease:

Rogmeister

« Reply #1882 on: September 03, 2009, 04:36:47 AM »
I don't order many DVDs anymore...I'll pick up one here and there.  There are a couple upcoming ones I'm thinking of getting, though, including the final season of Kate & Allie (which I'd have to order from Canada) and the first season of Wagon Train.  I've wanted to see the Wagon Train episodes with original star Ward Bond for years (he died about 3 years into the series) and now Timeless, which has been bringing out many TV westerns, has announced the first season is coming.  It'll be a bit pricey since it's a 10-disc set so it'll likely be my only DVD purchase in November.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: September 03, 2009, 08:23:46 AM »
I have to enjoy the next couple months... I can't buy much in neither November or December...

November = Brittany's Birthday
December = Christmas

So most my money will be gone those months anyway.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: September 03, 2009, 02:30:22 PM »
Early this morning (like 3am) I went over to Walmart (open 24hrs here) to pick up a few things we needed... while there I grabbed...

Batman: Gotham Knights

I have heard this animated movie was not quite as good as some of the other ones... but I saw it cheap and wanted to check it out for myself.

Transformers

I got to see this one when it was first released on DVD when my Sister-In-Law brought her copy over. I been wanting to add it to my collection every since... finally found the 2 disc version cheap enough to make it worth it to me.

Then I also placed my monthly order this morning...

Medium: Season 4

This is a series I always loved... every since the pilot episode. Unfortunately I got backed up on collecting them. But I will finally have the 4th season now!

CSI: Season 3

Yup... I am definitely hooked on this series. Can't wait to see where it goes from here!

The Hunger: Season 1

Apparently this is a show that originally aired on Showtime back in 1997. I don't remember it at this point... but as it is a horror anthology series (Think Tales from the Crypt) I more then likely at least seen a couple episodes. Then again it could have been a time when we didn't have Showtime... so chances are good I never got the opportunity to see it... either way... looking forward to it now!

Grey's Anatomy: Season 3

This is another series I am behind on. Also another of my favorites. But since I never caught this show when it originally came on, I never seen the episodes on these DVDs before. Really looking forward to this set!

Blood Ties: Season 1

This is one I actually never even heard of before. It is apparently a series that airs on TNT. But hey... it is Vampires... how bad could it be?  :P

And on pre-order for this Month...

Life on Mars: Complete Series

This is the American version of the UK series. I saw every episode when it aired and enjoyed every moment of it! It will be fun to revisit the series again.
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: September 03, 2009, 03:39:46 PM »
No Black Christmas again Pete?

Amazon sell it for very little

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: September 03, 2009, 03:46:33 PM »
DAMN! I did it again! I completely forgot!  :voodoo: I will put it in my amazon cart to get on my next order... this way I can't forget again!
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: September 03, 2009, 04:58:10 PM »
By the way Pete, it isn't your order for the october marathon? This is what I've already ordered for september (just the horror title) and I will certainly add some more on the beginning of october.

Destination Earth : Alien Invaders

Trapped (A seventies Canadian film)

Messiah of Evil (I've already this one from a cheap set, but want to watch a better print of it)

and of course Dead Set that is already in the mail crossing the ocean

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: September 03, 2009, 05:31:53 PM »
I just started on orders for my October Marathon... The Hunger: Season 1 (Anthology Horror) & Blood Ties: Season 1 (Vampire/Cop Show) are both for my Horror Marathon. Then Achim will be sending me Dead Set once he verifies that it is indeed Region 0 on the disc.  :thumbup:

And then on my next month order I will be concentrating on horror movies for the marathon.  ;D
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #1889 on: September 03, 2009, 07:21:14 PM »
I got an e-mail today from Overstock.com, a site I used to order from but haven't in probably a couple of years.  They told me they still have some store credit for me so I went and found I had enough there for a movie I've been planning on getting but have never come across in an actual store...

The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance: Centennial Collection

This 2-disc set came out the same time as the 2-disc Centennial Collection of El Dorado which I had previously bought.  So I get to add another John Wayne title to my collection and it's not costing me any more dough  ;D