Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 856102 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #1530 on: May 31, 2009, 05:55:43 PM »
I got 4 more dvds for my Birthday  ;D...

Next Avengers: Heroes of Tomorrow

Ultimate Avengers 2: Rise of the Panther

The Invincible Iron Man

Justice League: The New Frontier

Well... I was planning to spend my day watching more Birthday episodes for that marathon... but not so sure any more... I have new movies for my Superhero marathon!  :yahoo:

And of course my daughter picked things from my wishlist she wanted to see herself!  :laugh:

Not sure if I will be getting any more dvds for my birthday or not... but if I do they will be late presents. I have a couple people saying my gift will be late this year.  :P
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: May 31, 2009, 07:58:20 PM »
Not sure if I will be getting any more dvds for my birthday or not... but if I do they will be late presents.
It's happen usually when we open the gift before the birthday :tease:

Looks like Brittany was in the mood for watching some cartoons :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: May 31, 2009, 08:15:01 PM »
 :laugh: Yeah... Brittany loves cartoons and she loves Superhero shows... so I am not really that surprised by her choices.  :P Looks like a lot of fun to me too though!  :thumbup:
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #1533 on: May 31, 2009, 09:46:56 PM »
She made some nice choices for you. :) I have all those...I still have to watch the Justice League one, but I liked the others.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #1534 on: June 02, 2009, 11:29:51 AM »

Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Najemikon

« Reply #1535 on: June 02, 2009, 06:50:46 PM »
That is a bloomin' excellent selection! Well, I haven't seen Zohan, but otherwise, absolute quality for definite.  :thumbup:

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: June 02, 2009, 06:51:40 PM »
  The Addiction (1995)
R2-DE Kinowelt/Arthaus (2008)

Double-dip. It completely skipped my attention that there has finally been a good release of this movie. For years, I was stuck with the Dutch release, which has the crappiest transfer I have ever seen on a DVD.
  Firecracker (2004)
R2-DE Ascot Elite (2007)

Double-dip. Same content as the US release, but this one is anamorphic and it includes the Wamego documentary on a bonus disc.
Matthias

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: June 03, 2009, 07:27:33 AM »
I decided not to wait to place my order... so I just made my order...

Roseanne: Season 4

Roseanne: Season 5
I got these in a buy 1 get 1 free sale. The same way I did the first 3 seasons. If I keep this up I will be getting this entire series very cheap!  ;D

Due South: The Ultimate Collection
This is a complete blind buy... Looking forward to checking it out for our marathon. This set contains the complete series... all 3 seasons. Not bad for about $20.

June Pre-Orders:

Monster Squad: The Complete Series (June 23rd)
Purely nostalgia... a kids series that I used to watch way back when. Not sure how well it will hold up. but I thought it would be fun to check out again... much like The Secrets of Isis.

Reba: Season 6 (June 23rd)
And this hilarious series will finally be complete. I can't wait as I never seen the final season of the series.

The Best of Whose Line is it Anyway?: Uncensored! (June 9th)
Another show I used to love watching.
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: June 03, 2009, 12:51:27 PM »
Is this based off the movie of the same name?

I received today:
The Mario Bava Collection Volume 1
The Mario Bava Collection Volume 2
The Bourne Trilogy
Galaxy Quest
Fanboys

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: June 03, 2009, 01:09:17 PM »
Is this based off the movie of the same name?

No... not at all... it is a '70s kid show that I grew up on. Here is a write-up for it...

Monster Squad is a television series that aired on NBC from 1976-1977. The series stars Fred Grandy (The Love Boat) as Walt, a criminology student working as a night watchman in a wax museum. To pass the time, Walt built a prototype "Crime Computer" in a mummy case near an exhibit of legendary monsters. When Walt plugged in his Crime Computer, "oscillating vibrations" brought to life the wax statues of Dracula, the Werewolf ("Bruce W. Wolf," the "W" standing for "Were"), and Frankenstein ("Frank N. Stien"). The monsters, wanting to make up for the misdeeds of their pasts, became superhero crimefighters who used their unique abilities to challenge and defeat various supervillains.

This one ... much like "The Secrets of Isis" is pure nostalgia for me. For laughs... here is the opening and closing  credits to see how bad this one probably will be.  :P

Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: June 03, 2009, 06:53:41 PM »
Thanks Pete.

So it's more like the Munsters then... :D

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #1541 on: June 03, 2009, 08:22:31 PM »
Futurama: Bender's Game (£14.47 at Amazon.co.uk)
Futurama. I am planning to get all of the movies on Blu in time.
Baby Mama (£15.5 at Amazon.co.uk)
Blind buy. It's Tina Fey why it came to my attention.
Forgetting Sarah Marshall (£0 at Amazon.co.uk)
The third in a 3 for 2 sale. Blind buy.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: June 04, 2009, 02:24:02 AM »
Thanks Pete.

So it's more like the Munsters then... :D

Yeah... definitely closer to The Monsters. Even more cheesy I am sure... but closer.

I just got back from a long day out (mother's transfusion). While out I stopped by Walmart and picked up a DVD. I know... you knew that was coming!  :P Anyway... I got...

His Name Was Jason: 30 Years of Friday the 13th
30 years ago, a small horror film gave birth to 11 sequels, an endless body count and one of the most terrifying icons in horror history. Gore FX legend Tom Savini is your host for the ultimate documentary on everybody's favorite hockey-masked momma's boy and his three decades of cinematic carnage, featuring classic clips from the FRIDAY THE 13TH movies, rare behind-the-scenes photos and footage, and over 80 interviews with filmmakers, actors, stuntmen, FX artists, journalists and fans including Sean Cunningham, Kane Hodder, Seth Green, Harry Manfredini, Betsy Palmer, Greg Nicotero, Amanda Righetti, Adrienne King, James Roday, Amy Steel, Felissa Rose, Ari Lehman, Camilla & Carey more, Lar Park-Lincoln, Shavar Ross, Tony Timpone and many more. HIS NAME WAS JASON...and this is his incredible legacy!

A good friend of mine told me how much she enjoyed this documentary and suggested I  grab a copy. Was only $9 at Walmart so grabbed it!
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #1543 on: June 04, 2009, 08:46:11 AM »
Today arrived

Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: June 05, 2009, 06:01:21 PM »
I got a belated Birthday Present today... an Amazon.com Gift Certificate... with it I got...

Friday the 13th (Pre-order 6/16)
Been curios about this "retelling" of F13 for a while now... and helps that one of the brothers from Supernatural is in it.

Mirrors
Was suggested by a good friend... stars Keifer Sutherland (24).

Significant Others: Complete Series
Complete Blind Buy... I know nothing about this series other then it has Jennifer Garner in it... and I loved her in Alias. Anyone know this short-lived series?
Pete