Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 856232 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #1425 on: May 03, 2009, 07:36:49 PM »
Depending on which girl you mean... she may be the reason I bought the movie. Because I bought the movie for the fact that Ashley Scott is in it. She played the main character on Birds of Prey... The Huntress. As well as was in one season of Dark Angel and also the short lived series Jericho. Unfortunately she couldn't save that movie.
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #1426 on: May 04, 2009, 01:55:26 PM »
Today I got my new comic books:

Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: May 04, 2009, 06:44:20 PM »
Depending on which girl you mean... she may be the reason I bought the movie. Because I bought the movie for the fact that Ashley Scott is in it.
The one in the front. Don't know if she's the one you think since I haven't watch any of those 3 series.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: May 04, 2009, 06:56:12 PM »
OK... not too familiar with her. The one standing in the background is Ashley Scott.
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #1429 on: May 05, 2009, 07:19:59 PM »
Son of Rambow (£8.26 at Amazon.co.uk)
Stumbled across it. Looks like a nice Rambo parody. The reviews I read so far were all positive.
Little Miss Sunshine (£9.29 at Amazon.co.uk)
I saw this at the cinema. Great movie.
The Colour of Magic (£14.47 at Amazon.co.uk)
I have never read any Terry Pratchett novels, but it always seemed like something I could enjoy. So I took the less time-consuming route and bought a movie adaptation :laugh:
Alvin and The Chipmunks (£0 at Amazon.co.uk)
The third movie in a 3 for 2 blu-ray bargain. I have never seen it and I am prepared for the worst. But I always liked the two human main actors Jason Lee and David Cross. Also I must admit, that I sometimes watched the animated TV series about 20 years ago and did enjoy it to a degree.

Najemikon

« Reply #1430 on: May 05, 2009, 08:16:48 PM »
I have never read any Terry Pratchett novels, but it always seemed like something I could enjoy. So I took the less time-consuming route and bought a movie adaptation :laugh:

:o :voodoo:

Pratchett is one of my favourite authors, so please bear in mind that my opinion of the tv show productions wavers somewhere between, "ok, s'pose' and "shit".

;D

Therefore promise me that if you enjoy anything of this DVD, be it complete enthusiasm for every second, or merely an inkling it was a good idea wasted, buy one of the books!

It's worth bearing in mind that this was one of the first Discworld books and the style got refined over the years, so a good jumping on point would be The Hogfather or Moving Pictures (especially that one because it's about cinema and includes a talking dog...) :laugh:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #1431 on: May 05, 2009, 09:38:19 PM »
Here are a few I got recently.

lovemunkey187

« Reply #1432 on: May 06, 2009, 11:58:44 AM »

:o :voodoo:

Pratchett is one of my favourite authors, so please bear in mind that my opinion of the tv show productions wavers somewhere between, "ok, s'pose' and "shit".

;D

Therefore promise me that if you enjoy anything of this DVD, be it complete enthusiasm for every second, or merely an inkling it was a good idea wasted, buy one of the books!

It's worth bearing in mind that this was one of the first Discworld books and the style got refined over the years, so a good jumping on point would be The Hogfather or Moving Pictures (especially that one because it's about cinema and includes a talking dog...) :laugh:

Reaper Man is probably my fave book, although to be fair any of the Witches books are good(reread Lords and Ladies, Carpe Juggulum not long back and they were awesome).

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: May 06, 2009, 06:38:48 PM »
Hollow Man (€9.95 at Amazon.de)
It was Amazon special offer. I have never seen this movie and I know it is not supposed to be that great. But what I have read, the special effects and blu-ray video are supposed to be reference material. So I am expecting a nice popcorn movie.
Die Geschichte vom Brandner Kaspar (€18.99 at Amazon.de)
A nice Bavarian comedy. I saw this in the theatre and enjoyed it.

Najemikon

« Reply #1434 on: May 06, 2009, 07:20:50 PM »
Hollow Man (€9.95 at Amazon.de)
It was Amazon special offer. I have never seen this movie and I know it is not supposed to be that great. But what I have read, the special effects and blu-ray video are supposed to be reference material. So I am expecting a nice popcorn movie.
Die Geschichte vom Brandner Kaspar (€18.99 at Amazon.de)
A nice Bavarian comedy. I saw this in the theatre and enjoyed it.

[/table]

Hollow Man is actually ok if you remember that Paul Verhoeven is a very talented hack! So much of the film is trash, yet he's got balls for some of the ideas. You can't ignore the man who gave us a sci-fi classic in Robocop and... something else in Showgirls. In between is Basic Instinct, which I think is underrated.

If anything I thought the last act really let it down and that was partly to do with the effects, but at the same time I can imagine them suiting Blu-Ray.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: May 07, 2009, 12:55:52 PM »
I came into a little extra money this month... just when I thought I wouldn't be able to make a DVD order... I was able to place a rather nice sized order!

Time Tunnel: Vol. 2 (Completes the Series)

Everybody Loves Raymond: Season 4

The Jeff Foxworthy Show: Season 2 (Completes the Series)

A Haunting in Georgia / A Haunting in Connecticut (Completes the Series)

I Love Lucy: The Complete Series (Completes the Series - Obviously)

Ghost Whisperer: Season 3

I will be completing FOUR series this month!  :yahoo:
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: May 07, 2009, 06:46:09 PM »

Time Tunnel: Vol. 2 (Completes the Series)

I think I will order this series, too. Never saw an episode, but have of course heard about it.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: May 07, 2009, 07:02:23 PM »
So far I only watched the first 3 episodes in the Vol. 1 set... but I am enjoying every second of it.  :thumbup:
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #1438 on: May 08, 2009, 01:32:00 AM »
I got a few more DVDs.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: May 08, 2009, 11:31:58 PM »
Well... I was chatting with my friend today... and she tells me I can open one of the packages she sent me for my birthday today. So I got a rather early birthday present today. I ended up opening the heavier of the 2... and I ended up getting...

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End: 2-Disc Limited Edition

I never seen this movie before... but I really enjoyed the first two movies so I am looking forward to checking it out!
Pete