Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 856297 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #1395 on: April 22, 2009, 10:27:26 AM »
You are brave to tackle all those in that short of a time span.
I ain't brave, more an impulsive masochist :laugh:
Do you realize that less than 2 hours after Pete had posted his bad review of Date Movie my order was made for all this crap and at my home two weeks later (if the last one arrive this week) :laugh:

After that someone will owe me an High School Musical Marathon, Anyone interested? Pete? Jon? :devil:

Now I don't mind a bad movie here and there at times... but when it comes to musicals... nope... I don't do those. Lets face it... the only one to ever talk me into watching musicals was my wife Dawn... and sorry Jimmy... there is no way you are as pretty as she was!  :P
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #1396 on: April 22, 2009, 12:09:56 PM »
You are brave to tackle all those in that short of a time span.
I ain't brave, more an impulsive masochist :laugh:
Do you realize that less than 2 hours after Pete had posted his bad review of Date Movie my order was made for all this crap and at my home two weeks later (if the last one arrive this week) :laugh:

After that someone will owe me an High School Musical Marathon, Anyone interested? Pete? Jon? :devil:

Now I don't mind a bad movie here and there at times... but when it comes to musicals... nope... I don't do those. Lets face it... the only one to ever talk me into watching musicals was my wife Dawn... and sorry Jimmy... there is no way you are as pretty as she was!  :P

I like music, but not musicals. And especially not teen-shite like HSM! :yucky: I am not a masochist. Well, not with DVDs anyhow... :bag:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: April 22, 2009, 05:43:50 PM »
Stopped by Walmart today... and hit the Bargain Bin/Cheap Shelves... picked up a couple

The Hills Have Eyes: Unrated (2006)

50 First Dates: Widescreen Special Edition

And My Goodness I can not get over the old lady at the check-out!  :o She actually refused to sell me The Hills Have Eyes: Unrated until I would show her my ID that I am over 17!!!  :slaphead:  I mean come on... I am 39 years old and know I do not still look like a teenager! 

Of course when she first asked me I thought she was joking around. And I just said I hope I am over 17!  :P Then she said I have to be to buy an unrated movie... and she needed to see my ID!  :o I looked over to the guy standing behind me in line with my mouth gapped open... and all he could do is shake his head and laugh!  So I tell her I am 39... I appease her curiosity and paid for my movies... and walked to the car not sure if I should be mad, feel sorry for the old lady or what to feel. I was in utter shock half way home.
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: April 22, 2009, 05:54:06 PM »
In my mail this morning from Diabolik DVD

Look familliar? Already updated the copy that I've used from my review last week, love this movie too much for passing the remastered edition and all the extra.

You see,I don't buy only crap this week :laugh:

Pete this is something that we were supposed to do too when I was working in a store for the cigarettes, alcool and lotery. Of course, I've never do that... 

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: April 22, 2009, 06:00:45 PM »
I worked in a convenient store for a short period too... where we sold alcohol, tobacco products and lottery tickets as well... and they always taught us to card if you see reason... but to be realistic... carding everyone just pisses off the customers and they will stop going to your store.
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #1400 on: April 22, 2009, 08:26:05 PM »
Our local Morrisons supermarket went through a phase of requiring proof you were over 18 to buy alcohol. My mum got asked one day! She's 60 this year. Bless her, she looks younger, but not that much. Apparently when she was asked, my mum replied "You caught me, to be honest I'm only 16. But I've had a hard life..." :laugh:

But the really sad thing was the assistant didn't know what to do and sheepishly asked again. :slaphead: I once said to one girl that she was being ridiculous and she protested that she had to ask otherwise she'd get in trouble. I told her she should risk that otherwise they'll eventually replace her with a robot.

What do you know? This week they've had a refit and replaced two checkouts with automatic versions where you scan your own stuff. :devil:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #1401 on: April 22, 2009, 10:31:53 PM »
It has been a while since any of the cashiers in Walmart have asked to see my id when I've gotten an R rated movie. 
I don't think the store in the mall where I get some at times has ever asked for anything I've gotten there.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: April 23, 2009, 12:08:09 AM »
I only get asked for my id in my dreams! :weep:

richierich

« Reply #1403 on: April 23, 2009, 12:14:15 AM »
What do you know? This week they've had a refit and replaced two checkouts with automatic versions where you scan your own stuff. :devil:

I love those automatic checkouts!! Last week I scanned through a can of tinned tomatoes and walked out with a video camera   :yu:

Najemikon

« Reply #1404 on: April 23, 2009, 11:47:01 AM »

I love those automatic checkouts!! Last week I scanned through a can of tinned tomatoes and walked out with a video camera   :yu:

Pardon?

Obviously you alerted them as soon as you noticed you had no tomatoes... :whistle:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: April 23, 2009, 05:25:48 PM »
In my mail this morning from Amazon Marketplace

I think everybody know what it means. Starting tomorrow my home was fill with laughter, joy and hapiness because of a movie marathon including : Date Movie, Epic Movie, Meet the Spartans, Disaster Movie, The Underground Comedie Movie and Not Another Teen Movie. If you own one of more of those you are welcome to participate in my marathon, I want to see it as a more open one than the others I do usually.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #1406 on: April 23, 2009, 10:28:20 PM »
Not Another Teen Movie.
I think this one is quite good for this kind of movie.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: April 23, 2009, 10:36:41 PM »
It's been a while since I've watched it the last time, but it isn't too bad since I've bought it :laugh:
The thing I didn't really like is the fact the movies parodied was really recent and that I've watched most of them on vhs :-[

lovemunkey187

« Reply #1408 on: April 24, 2009, 12:20:33 PM »
Not Another Teen Movie.
I think this one is quite good for this kind of movie.

Agreed.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #1409 on: April 25, 2009, 08:05:14 PM »
This arrived today:

And this made my 2300th "owned" profile.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 08:07:29 PM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools