Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 856701 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #1230 on: March 13, 2009, 07:21:33 AM »
- King Kong (Blind Buy)
Be prepared for a very long and boring movie. I've it and I was not able to watch this trough the end, tried 3 times and had fallen asleep each time :thumbdown:

At least Jackson at not made an eight hours trilogy with this, but it sure feels like one :laugh:

I liked King Kong, though it isn't a movie I want to own and I haven't watched it again.  Some scenes were a tad long, but overall it was a very well done movie.  Kong was amazing, and the ...connection between him and Anne was believable to me.  I liked the ice skating sequence too...and I thought that made what happened after more tragic.

lovemunkey187

« Reply #1231 on: March 13, 2009, 10:54:08 AM »
- King Kong (Blind Buy)
Be prepared for a very long and boring movie. I've it and I was not able to watch this trough the end, tried 3 times and had fallen asleep each time :thumbdown:

At least Jackson at not made an eight hours trilogy with this, but it sure feels like one :laugh:

I liked King Kong, though it isn't a movie I want to own and I haven't watched it again.  Some scenes were a tad long, but overall it was a very well done movie.  Kong was amazing, and the ...connection between him and Anne was believable to me.  I liked the ice skating sequence too...and I thought that made what happened after more tragic.

It took me a long time to suck it up and watch King Kong. When I did I was glad that I had.

The only scene that I thought was unnecessary was the ice skating bit. To me it just seems out of context or perhaps tone is a more accurate word.

The stuff on Skull Island was brilliant and took me back to my childhood and watching stuff like Lost World, Walley of the Gwangi,the original Kong & Mighty Joe Young thrown in with Indiana Jones-esque serial adventure.

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: March 13, 2009, 07:49:22 PM »
   House M.D. (2004+, Season 1-3)
R2-DE Universal (2006+)

Wanted (2008)
R2-UK Universal (2008)

Fargo (1996)
R1-US MGM (2003)

Picnic at Hanging Rock (AU 1975)
R2-UK Second Sight (2008)

Oscar and Lucinda (AU 1997)
R1-US Fox (2005)

Les amants rĂ©guliers (F 2005, AKA Regular Lovers)
R2-UK Artificial Eye (2006)

Leos Carax: Three Disc Collection
R2-UK Artificial Eye (2007)
Contains:
Boy Meets Girl (F 1984)
Mauvais sang (F 1986)
Pola X (F 1999)

Matthias

Najemikon

« Reply #1233 on: March 14, 2009, 02:25:25 AM »
Blimey, Matthias, you've surprised me twice there! I didn't think you would have wanted Wanted...  ;) and Fargo? After Lebowski? :whistle:

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: March 14, 2009, 03:11:09 AM »
Blimey, Matthias, you've surprised me twice there! I didn't think you would have wanted Wanted

Well, it was really cheap and I needed something to offset the French black-turtleneck stuff...  :-[

and Fargo? After Lebowski? :whistle:

As I said in our little discussion, I've seen Fargo once, but only have a vague recollection of liking it and don't really remember the movie itself. I definitely liked No Country - and Ebert called that the best Coen movie since Fargo. So, yeah, I'm willing to not hold Lebowski against them forever.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 03:14:09 AM by goodguy »
Matthias

Najemikon

« Reply #1235 on: March 14, 2009, 12:16:34 PM »
Blimey, Matthias, you've surprised me twice there! I didn't think you would have wanted Wanted

Well, it was really cheap and I needed something to offset the French black-turtleneck stuff...  :-[

and Fargo? After Lebowski? :whistle:

As I said in our little discussion, I've seen Fargo once, but only have a vague recollection of liking it and don't really remember the movie itself. I definitely liked No Country - and Ebert called that the best Coen movie since Fargo. So, yeah, I'm willing to not hold Lebowski against them forever.

Oh yes, I remember now. I got confused because I had discussed Coen movies with Eric around the same time; he absolutely loves them. Wouldn't say so, of course... :devil:

I finally watched The Long Goodbye the other night. Really liked it, thanks for the recommendation. I don't normally like Altman as I find him a little indulgent and whimsical, but the plot naturally kept him in check, and the photography in some shots was wonderful. Overall maybe a little too laid back but the ending is fantastic. And I did like how the only music was the song, in multiple styles (even the doorbell!), and always diegetic. Great little film.

Touti

« Reply #1236 on: March 14, 2009, 02:00:48 PM »
I got confused because I had discussed Coen movies with Eric around the same time; he absolutely loves them. Wouldn't say so, of course... :devil:

:voodoo: >:( :swordfight:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #1237 on: March 14, 2009, 05:12:31 PM »
Sabrina the Teenage Witch: Season Five ($27.36 at DVD Pacific)

Dead Like Me: Life After Death ($18.76 at DVD Pacific)

lovemunkey187

« Reply #1238 on: March 16, 2009, 12:33:47 PM »
A bare bones, full screen copy of Midnight Sting.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: March 17, 2009, 11:09:38 PM »
I had already used my entire DVD budget for this month... but when these came on sale I just had to have thm... so I canceled my pre-order for Runaway: The Complete Series so I could order...

A Haunting: Season 3

A Haunting: Season 4

I thought this would complete my collection but I was wrong. It seems that there was 2 pilot episodes to the series that was not included. But after checking the episode list at TV.com I see I do have all the other episodes... so I just need to get the 2 pilot episodes (yes they are on DVD) to complete the series.
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #1240 on: March 20, 2009, 06:36:48 PM »

Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: March 20, 2009, 06:40:29 PM »
Cool... One more season and you will have the complete collection!
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #1242 on: March 20, 2009, 07:04:13 PM »
Cool... One more season and you will have the complete collection!
Already ordered on eBay. ;D (Amazon UK doesn't have it fro some reason.)
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: March 20, 2009, 07:24:00 PM »
That's cool... I really need to watch my collection again some time soon.
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #1244 on: March 20, 2009, 10:01:03 PM »
These are the ones I've gotten recently..within the last week and a half or so I think.  I picked a few up at Walmart and the others I got from Amazon.  And yes I know there are a couple in here that are considered really bad movies by many people.  I couldn't stop myself.   :hysterical: