Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 858150 times)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #315 on: April 18, 2008, 06:14:04 PM »

That looked mighty interesting... I got even more curious after reading a rather favorable review at DVDTalk! Have you seen this yet? Maybe Tom can chime in as well, as I saw that he owns this series as well.

It's already on my Wish List and unless you all (that includes Erik at the Invelos forum, whom I PMed) gives it all thumbs down, it'll be part of my next order...

RossRoy

« Reply #316 on: April 18, 2008, 07:29:02 PM »
It's already on my Wish List and unless you all (that includes Erik at the Invelos forum, whom I PMed) gives it all thumbs down, it'll be part of my next order...

I haven't seen it, and judging by my watching habits, it will be a while before I finally get to it. But, I bought it following Tom's recommendation in this thread

That's a lot of ITs

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #317 on: April 18, 2008, 07:34:50 PM »
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 18, 2008, 08:29:19 PM »
I haven't seen it, and judging by my watching habits, it will be a while before I finally get to it. But, I bought it following Tom's recommendation in this thread
That's a few weeks back... I guess what changed since is, that I have seen "The Girl Who Leapt Through Time" (another Tom recommendation) now, maybe getting a little bit of a taste for anime... Maybe he'll report some more later, but he already made it clear in the older thread, that he recommends it regularly and it's usually well received.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #319 on: April 18, 2008, 08:32:16 PM »
Maybe Tom can chime in as well, as I saw that he owns this series as well.

I can whole-heartly recommend it. But you must be prepared for some unconventional humor (what you get when you have a guy who wakes up with a girl as his right hand  :laugh:).
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 10:10:08 PM by TomGaines »

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 18, 2008, 08:34:41 PM »
That's a few weeks back... I guess what changed since is, that I have seen "The Girl Who Leapt Through Time" (another Tom recommendation) now, maybe getting a little bit of a taste for anime... Maybe he'll report some more later, but he already made it clear in the older thread, that he recommends it regularly and it's usually well received.

Yes, I can recommend it. But be warned: It is a pure comedy and makes a lot of use of the face faults that we have discussed.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 18, 2008, 11:02:20 PM »
Another anime recommendation I made before and maybe is even a better start to get into anime is the great Azumanga Daioh series.

lovemunkey187

« Reply #322 on: April 19, 2008, 08:36:18 AM »
It was my birthday the other day and my Mum & Dad ordered me to find something for her to give me so yesterday, I had a mooch around HMV and got the following:
Battlestar Galactica: Season 1(yes the new one,  :-\, hey if I still don't like it then I can blame my folksfor getting me something I don't like  :laugh:)
Taxi 3
Initial D
Steven Seagal collection: 8 film set(containing - Exit Wounds, Executive Decision, Fire Down Below, Glimmer Man, Nico(aka Above The Law), Under Siege, Under Siege 2, Out For Justice)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #323 on: April 19, 2008, 08:40:03 AM »
Battlestar Galactica: Season 1(yes the new one,  :-\, hey if I still don't like it then I can blame my folksfor getting me something I don't like  :laugh:)

If it is the UK version please keep in mind that the "pilot" is not included in this box. You need to buy this seperately.

Pilot:

Season 1:

(both UK)
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

lovemunkey187

« Reply #324 on: April 19, 2008, 08:56:54 AM »

If it is the UK version please keep in mind that the "pilot" is not included in this box. You need to buy this seperately.

Pilot:

Season 1:

(both UK)

It was indeed the UK version, and TBH I'm not too fussed about not having the pilot in there.
The set only cost £15.00, which I thought was a godd price.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #325 on: April 19, 2008, 09:32:52 AM »
I am just saying. This isn't an ordinary pilot. This sets all things in motion. When you start with "33" (the first episode of S1) it could be very confusing.
Karsten

lovemunkey187

« Reply #326 on: April 19, 2008, 09:46:52 AM »
I am just saying. This isn't an ordinary pilot. This sets all things in motion. When you start with "33" (the first episode of S1) it could be very confusing.

Thanks for the heads up.

I only watched the two part pilot the other week, so I can remember that bit(my memory isn't that bad)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #327 on: April 19, 2008, 10:03:09 AM »
I only watched the two part pilot the other week, so I can remember that bit(my memory isn't that bad)[/color]
:-[

Sorry, wasn't implying that.
Karsten

lovemunkey187

« Reply #328 on: April 19, 2008, 11:20:48 AM »
I only watched the two part pilot the other week, so I can remember that bit(my memory isn't that bad)[/color]
:-[

Sorry, wasn't implying that.

No worries Karsten. As you know, I wasn't hugely impressed with the series when I tried to watch it before, so if I don't like it this time around then I can always bob it onto ebay, but if I do then I can prbably get the pilot for a tenner at some point down the line.

Najemikon

« Reply #329 on: April 19, 2008, 03:28:17 PM »
I bought the set as well a few months ago, also £15. Got the mini-series at the same time for £4.99. Haven't watched either yet though! Now, why is it season 1 was dropped to £15 all that time ago and has held that reasonable price, while other stuff I'm waiting for just will not budge from mortgage-baiting rip-offs? Prison Break, for instance. :shrug: