Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 858194 times)

Najemikon

Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #270 on: April 08, 2008, 09:04:35 PM »
I'm not here. You haven't seen me. Right?

:hysterical:

Now, Eric, I still consider you a friend. I am here to help and guide you through the murky and gritty world of the British crime film. Considering your reaction to the superb Get Carter, I await your opinion of the equally superb Long Good Friday with... with... erm... something. ??? 

:console:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 08, 2008, 09:06:39 PM »
I got a bit of a surprise in the mail today... a friend of mine sent me a DVD he had 2 copies of (due to buying a boxset)... so he sent me...

He knew I am fairly new to classics.. and this is one of his favorite classics star so wanted me to check her out. :)
Pete

Touti

« Reply #272 on: April 08, 2008, 09:09:50 PM »
I'm not here. You haven't seen me. Right?

:hysterical:

Now, Eric, I still consider you a friend. I am here to help and guide you through the murky and gritty world of the British crime film. Considering your reaction to the superb Get Carter, I await your opinion of the equally superb Long Good Friday with... with... erm... something. ??? 

:console:

Now that I've seen "some" british crime stuff maybe I won't be as shocked with "The long blah blah blah" and will like it.   I would also like to point out that on Rotten Tomatoes, get Carter *only* got a 89% T-Meter rate and 78% Community rate when "The long machintruc" got 94% and 91%.

Maybe the one who doesn't know anything about what british movies are good isn't the one we thought  :devil:

RossRoy

« Reply #273 on: April 09, 2008, 04:29:48 AM »
Received these from DVDSouce.co.uk:

RossRoy

« Reply #274 on: April 09, 2008, 05:59:17 PM »
Received today from CinemaClock.com:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 09, 2008, 06:15:30 PM »
A lot of new stuff arrive in the mail this morning  :yahoo:

From Amazon (Canada)

I have read many good think about "Blue Murder", don't know about "Metal Skin" who came with it.

Fom Amazon (UK)

"Creepshow" and "The Hitcher" are already in my collection, but the zone 1 release are pretty cheap (snapper without extra). I've search for quite some time a good release of Existenz and this one has a commentary by Cronenberg and he is always interesting to listen too. Terminator is the only movie that I am interested in the series and it came with some interesting extra. Finally I know nothing about "Blood on Satan's Claw", but it seems like a good movie and Linda Hayden is in it (that's why I've bought it). I can't thank Jon enough for made me discover her : She's not only beautifull but she's a great actress (her performance in "Baby Love" is incredible and to think that she was only 15 years old in this  :bow:).

I've receive a 20 pounds voucher with this package from Virgin. This is to be use for buying wine and since I don't drink wine and it is from UK, if someone is interested to have it just let me know and I will send the code and password by PM.

P.S : For those who have bought recently "The Hitcher" I hope that you know that it's an unnecessary remake.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 08:49:10 PM by AESP_pres »

Najemikon

« Reply #276 on: April 09, 2008, 07:59:59 PM »
I've just ordered Creepshow! From Play though, along with Southern Comfort for £3.99 :thumbup:

Meant to say I have that edition of The Hitcher. Apart from it being a fantastic film, it's a really good value set as well. I'm always getting those wine vouchers! You have to spend about £40 thought to get the free stuff...
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 08:02:11 PM by Najemikon »

RossRoy

« Reply #277 on: April 09, 2008, 09:04:25 PM »
Well, some more stuff just arrived at lunch time from Amazon.ca:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 09, 2008, 10:07:28 PM »
I got 2 packages in the mail today...

First... the last of what I ordered this month...

And then I got a (REALLY) early Birthday gift today...

Pete

Touti

« Reply #279 on: April 10, 2008, 04:03:18 AM »
Deep Discount buy 2 get 1 free on Buena Vista titles.  I just ordered.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 04:06:00 AM by Touti »

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 10, 2008, 02:31:28 PM »
My recent order from amazon.co.uk arrived ;D:

I remember seeing Dracula: Prince of Darkness and Dracula A.D. 1972 when I was a kid and hope they are holding somewhat up; the other two got ordeed since they were somewhat cheap... I believe I am now only missing one of the Chris Lee Dracula films (I already own Horror of Dracula).

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 10, 2008, 05:08:08 PM »
Another one in the mail this morning (probably the last before next week) from Amazon Marketplace.

Another Linda Hayden movies add to my collection. I've already find 3 others of her movies at Amazon UK (Exposé, Let's Get Laid and The Boys from Brazil) and another one from a French Canadian seller (Queen Kong), but I will try to wait untill may before ordering them  :whistle:

Any idea if any other of her movies are available (any region, that's not a problem for me)? This is the one I've already : Baby Love (digital download doesn't look release on dvd), Taste the Blood of Dracula, Blood on Satan's Claw, Confessions of a Window Cleaner and Confessions from a Holiday Camp.

I've fall completly under her charms  :laugh:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 10, 2008, 06:09:01 PM »
Another one in the mail this morning (probably the last before next week) from Amazon Marketplace.

You may not see it right now, as my site seems to be down for the moment, but funny that I would receive the same movie on the same day. I do hope that it's one of the better entries in the series... (watched Dracula A.D. 1972 tonight and it was still watchable :))

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 10, 2008, 06:19:00 PM »
You may not see it right now, as my site seems to be down for the moment, but funny that I would receive the same movie on the same day. I do hope that it's one of the better entries in the series... (watched Dracula A.D. 1972 tonight and it was still watchable :))
I've seen it in your post this morning and my reaction was that maybe I'll receive it today too. Ordered this weekend, but since it is from a French Canadian seller 3 days is the usual delivery time.

But this is my first Hammer film and my first Christopher Lee Dracula movie. I've bought it because of Miss Hayden, but maybe I will like it and start an Hammer obsession too

Najemikon

« Reply #284 on: April 10, 2008, 08:56:03 PM »
There's an excellent Hammer 21 disc boxset, you know. I keep threatening to get it. I saw it in a shop once and I love the packaging. It looks big, but the DVDs are in sleeves so it's actually a small cube.

I've seen it as cheap as £32.

Hammer 21 Disc Boxset