Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 823499 times)

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #5550 on: September 14, 2011, 02:21:03 PM »
This arrived today

Star Wars: The Complete Saga

This makes the 9th time that I have purchased Star Wars (that is Episode IV: A New Hope, as it was subsequently subtitled, rather than the complete series)
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Najemikon

« Reply #5551 on: September 14, 2011, 06:38:29 PM »
I watched the first film (but not the first disc... ;)) the other night. It looked and sounded fantastic. Star Wars was always known for it's dirty, used look, but I never appreciated how much before. C3P0 and R2D2 in particular look like junk! In a good way!

Peter Cushing's hair is very off-putting though. He has one lock out of place sticking out of the side of his head! On previous formats, it was impossible to see, but now it's clear as anything.  :laugh:

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5552 on: September 15, 2011, 08:17:41 PM »
I watched the first film (but not the first disc... ;)) the other night. It looked and sounded fantastic. Star Wars was always known for it's dirty, used look, but I never appreciated how much before. C3P0 and R2D2 in particular look like junk! In a good way!

I was hoping to have managed to watch the first film by now, I presume that it is on disc 4, but real life got in the way. Looks like it'll be over the weekend now.
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

RossRoy

« Reply #5553 on: September 15, 2011, 11:59:13 PM »
mine hasn't even shipped yet!  :weep:

EDIT:

Scratch that! Shipped today! Delivery? Should be tomorrow!!  :thumbup:

Can't wait to hear that awesome new Krayt Dragon call and Vader's definitely untouched shining moment as he saves his only son!
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 03:17:55 AM by RossRoy »

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #5554 on: September 16, 2011, 12:13:04 AM »
Mine will arrive tomorrow (or better in 12 hrs.)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #5555 on: September 16, 2011, 07:50:43 AM »
I haven't ordered it yet....but I probably will at some point.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5556 on: September 16, 2011, 11:31:40 AM »
Arrived Yesterday...

Resident Evil: Afterlife
After a one-woman assault on the Umbrella Corporation's fortress, Alice's (Milla Jovovich) superhuman abilities are neutralized. Now, fleeing the Undead masses created by the T-virus, Alice reunites with Claire Redfield (Ali Larter) and her brother, Chris (Wentworth Miller). Together they take refuge with other survivors in an abandoned prison, where a savage zombie mob stands between them and the safety of "Arcadia." Escaping these bloodthirsty mutants will take an arsenal. But facing off with Albert Wesker and the Umbrella Corporation will take the fight for survival to a new level of danger.
Armageddon: The Criterion Collection
Bruce Willis and an all-star cast of roughneck oil drillers blast off on a mission to save the planet in Michael Bay's doomsday space epic.
Pete

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #5557 on: September 16, 2011, 01:40:59 PM »
Received today:

Star Wars: Episodes IV - VI

Whatever Works

RossRoy

« Reply #5558 on: September 16, 2011, 06:03:28 PM »
Yay! Arrived today! Guess I know what I'm doing this weekend!  :clap:

Star Wars: The Complete Saga
Relive the unforgettable moments and experience the spectacular adventure of Star Wars: The Complete Saga in a way only Blu-ray can deliver. This incredible collection unites all six episodes together for the first time in stunning high definition with the purest digital sound in the galaxy. With over 40 hours of thrilling special features, including all-new content created exclusively for this release, you can journey deeper into the Star Wars universe and discover more than ever before. Feel the force of Star Wars: The Complete Saga on Blu-ray!

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #5559 on: September 16, 2011, 10:58:46 PM »
Is anyone else experiencing severe distortions in Episode IV?

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5560 on: September 16, 2011, 11:39:39 PM »
I got that huge package from my friend today!!!  :yahoo:

Here is the ones I said I already knew about...

Titles in Bold are movies I never seen before.

1. American Pie Presents The Naked Mile
 2. Analyze That
 3. Angels & Demons
 4. Antwone Fisher
 5. Bad Boys
 6. Breakin' All the Rules
 7. The Da Vinci Code
 8. The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008)
 9. The Deadliest Catch: Season 1
10. The Deadliest Catch: Season 2
11. The Dukes of Hazzard
12. Duplicity
13. Failure to Launch
14. The Family Stones
15. Fighting
16. First Knight
17. First Sunday
18. Fool's Gold
19. For Your Consideration
20. Forbidden Kingdom
21. Forget Paris
22. Four Feathers
23. Fun with Dick and Jane (2005)
24. Get Rich or Die Trying
25. Ghosts of Girlfriends Past
26. Ginger in the Morning
27. The Girl Next Door
28. The Gladiator
29. The Glass House: The Good Mother
30. The Golden Compass
31. Good Luck Chuck
32. The Good Night
33. A Good Year
34. GoodFellas
35. Grandma Boys
36. The Great Debator
37. Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle
38. Here on Earth
39. Hot Wheels: Acceleracers: Breaking Point
40. Hot Wheels: Acceleracers: The Speed of Silence
41. I Spy
42. The International
43. The Interpreter
44. Jackass: The Movie
45. Joe Dirt
46. Kicking and Screaming
47. King Arthur
48. The Larry Sanders Show: Season 1
49. Laws of Attraction
50. Legally Blonde
51. Legally Blonde 2: Red, White & Blonde
52. Little Black Book
53. The Longest Yard (2005)
54. Look at Me America
55. Lost in Translation
56. Lovers and Liars
57. Lucky # Slevin
58. Lucky You
59. Mad Dog Morgan
60. The Man in the Iron Mask
61. The Matador
62. Matchstick Men
63. Meet the Fockers
64. Michael Allred's G-Men from Hell
65. The Missing
66. Most Wanted
67. Mr. 3000
68. My Best Friend's Girl
69. Napoleon Dynomite
70. Nazi Atrocities: The Real Truth
71. Neverending Story II: The Next Chapter
72. Nicholas Nickleby
73. A Night at the Roxbury
74. No Country for Old Men
75. One Way Out
76. Out Cold
77. Pathfinder
78. Paycheck
79. The Punisher (2004)
80. Righteous Kill
81. Say Anything
82. Scarface
83. The Spiderwick Chronicles
84. United 93
85. West Wing: Season 2

I also mentioned there was more in the package I didn't know about at the time. And there was quite a bit more... 18 more to be exact! I also got...

Streets of Blood
It’s New Orleans, six months after Hurricane Katrina ripped through the streets, destroying everything in her path. The floodwaters have receded, but the death toll is on the rise, and the torrent of blood rages on. Now for a veteran detective (Val Kilmer) with a viciously brutal past, his new partner (Curtis "50 Cent"Jackson) with a dark secret, and a department shrink (Sharon Stone) who knows the city’s vices all too well, crime and corruption are about to go to all new levels of depravity.  In a town struggling to put the pieces back together, can anyone stop the barrage of dirty cops and the obscenely brutal drug wars that threatens it all? Michael Biehn (THE TERMINATOR, ALIENS) co-stars in this pulse-pounding tour-de-force from the makers of RAMBO and 16 BLOCKS.
Super Troopers
"Stoned teen-agers, nutty cops, topless chicks and car chases" (NEWHOUSE NEWS) perpetrate huge laughs in this outrageous comedy that's so funny it should be illegal.

Captain O'Hagen (Brian Cox) tries in vain to control the imaginations and hormones of his bumbling team of five Vermont Highway Patrolmen. But when the opportunity to solve a real crime rolls their way, the formerly inept SUPER TROOPERS pounce into action to become highway heroes.
The Sentinel
There's never been a traitor in the United States Secret Service...until now. And the evidence points to Pete Garrison (Douglas), one of the most trusted agents on the force. Now on the run, with two relentless federal investigators (Sutherland and Longoria) hot on his heels, Garrison must fight to clear his name and thwart an attempt on the President's life before it's too late!
The Simpsons Movie
When Homer accidentally pollutes the river with toxic waste from the nuclear power plant, he gets fired from his job, and everyone has to evacuate Springfield, possibly forever.
Sex Drive
Ian has a decision to make: stay home and stay a virgin or drive 800 miles to lose it with an online hottie. Decision made. Now Ian (Josh Zuckerman) and his horndog buddy Lance (Clark Duke) are off on a sex safari... with "BFF" baggage Felicia (Amanda Crew) in tow. Their epic quest features a stolen GTO, kinky trailer park sex, a prison fight, topless Absitnence Xtreme dancers, a smartass Amish super-mechanic (Seth Green) and his drunken, boob-flashing friends, a gun-wielding Mexican donut and Ian's "d-bag" brother (James Marsden) in hot pursuit.
State of Play
Academy Award®-winner† Russell Crowe leads an all-star cast, including Ben Affleck, Rachel McAdams & Helen Mirren in the gripping thriller about deception, manipulation & corruption.

When D.C. Reporter Cal McCaffrey (Crowe) is assigned to investigate the murder of an assistant to an up-and-coming politician (Affleck), he uncovers a conspiracy that threatens to bring down the nation's power structures. In a town of spin-doctors and wealthy power brokers, he will discover one truth: when fortunes are at stake, no one's integrity, love or life is safe.

From director Kevin Macdonald of The Last King of Scotland, State of Play brings together strong performances, riveting suspense and is "sophisticated, intelligent and powerful" (Shawn Edwards, FOX-TV).

†2000 Best Actor, Gladiator
Superbad
From the guys who brought you Knocked Up and The 40-Year-Old Virgin comes SUPERBAD. Seth (Jonah Hill) and Evan (Michael Cera) want nothing more than to hook up with the girls they like before heading off to college.
To do that, though, they need to get liquor for the big party that night. With the help of their friend Fogell, a.k.a. McLovin (Christopher Mintz-Plasse), and his fake I.D., the three of them go on a chase for that elusive booze, dodging incompetent cops (Knocked Up's Seth Rogen and "Saturday Night Live's" Bill Hader) while attempting to reverse a lifelong losing streak in one hilarious night.
The Seventh Sign
Time is running out. Revelation is at hand – rivers are running red with blood, a desert is found shrouded in ice and the moon has turned crimson. Six signs of the Apocalypse have come to pass. Now only one woman can stop THE SEVENTH SIGN in this taut suspense thriller. Demi Moore ("The Juror," "A Few Good Men") stars as Abby Quinn, a young woman who discovers that she and her unborn child play a terrifying part in the chain of events destined to end the world. Already troubled with a difficult pregnancy, Abby grows more distraught when she and her husband (Michael Biehn, "Aliens") rent their studio apartment to David, a mysterious drifter (Jurgen Prochnow, "The Replacement Killers"). Now submerged in violent metaphysical experiences, Abby realizes that David is carrying out the mystical prophesies of "Judgement Day," and that she has been chosen as the instrument of THE SEVENTH SIGN. But can one woman alone stand between the wrath of God and the future of mankind? In the tradition of  "The Omen" — THE SEVENTH SIGN takes you on an ominous, unforgettable odyssey to the edge of life and death.
The Stepford Wives
Oscar® winner Nicole Kidman heads an all-star cast in this dark comedy thriller. After moving with her husband (Matthew Broderick) and children to the well-manicured community of Stepford, Connecticut, former New York television executive Joanna Eberhard (Kidman) is beginning to realize that Stepford is more than just the "perfect" place to live... it's a little too perfect.
The Perfect Score
Pop quiz: How do you get a perfect score on the S.A.T. exam? For a group of stressed-out teens, there's only one way...steal the answers.

Scarlett Johansson (Lost in Translation), Erika Christensen (Traffic), Chris Evans (Not Another Teen Movie) and NBA star Darius Miles lead this hip coming-of-age comedy about six students who try to break into the testing center and steal the answers to the S.A.T. The classmates are wildly different, but share a common goal – to prevent the standardized test from unfairly defining their lives. As they plot a hilarious heist that could make – or break – their futures, the students grow closer, never suspecting where they'll ultimately find the real answers...within themselves.
The Sum of All Fears
Ben Affleck is ready for action, commanding the role of CIA agent Jack Ryan in this thrilling adventure based on the Tom Clancy bestseller.

America's Cold War fears are rekindled after the President of Russia dies and is succeeded by a man with a cryptic past. But East-West tensions erupt when the CIA suspects that renegade Russian scientists are developing more nuclear weapons. Mobilized into action by CIA Director William Cabot (Morgan Freeman), Jack Ryan (Affleck) follows a danger-ridden trail to a shocking conclusion: terrorists plan to provoke a war between the U.S. and Russia – by detonating a nuclear bomb at a championship football game!

Costarring James Cromwell and Liev Schreiber, The Sum of All Fears adds up to the year's most explosive entertainment.
The Soloist
Academy Award® nominee Robert Downey Jr.* and Academy Award® winner Jamie Foxx** star in an extraordinary and inspiring true story of how a chance meeting can change a life. The Soloist tells the poignant and ultimately soaring tale of a Los Angeles newspaper reporter who discovers a brilliant and distracted street musician, with unsinkable passion, and the unique friendship and bond that transforms both their lives. The remarkable performances make for an unforgettable experience in what is hailed as "a courageous and uncompromising film" (Gene Shalit, TODAY).

*Nominee: Best Supporting Actor, Tropic Thunder (2008); Best Actor, Chaplin (1992) ** Winner: Ray (2004)
NASCAR Winston Cup 2002
The fight for NASCAR's ultimate title is on the like. Relive the action of the 2002 NASCAR Winston Cup Series in this special collector's edition double disc DVD from NASCAR Images.

Follow every lap as NASCAR rookies and veterns chase Tony Stewart for stock car supremacy.

Extra lap material includes a sit down with the champ and more.

Disc 2 Road to Daytona 2003

The Daytona 500. There is no single event or single day more important in NASCAR racing. Preparations for the frantic 500 mile afternoon begins months before the green flag ever waves. Now you can live the journey, from pre-season testing through the crowning glory of victory lane with this bonus DVD.
Shanghai Knights
Jackie Chan (Rush Hour 2) and Owen Wilson (The Royal Tenenbaums) jump back in the saddle for Shanghai Knights, the hilarious sequel to the hit action-comedy Shanghai Noon. When Chon Wang (Chan) gets news of his estranged father's murder in Shanghai, he leaves his honorable life as Carson City's sheriff in a cloud of dust and reunites with his yarn-spinning sidekick, Roy O'Bannon (Wilson). Together they make their way to London on a daring quest for honor and revenge. Hilarious escapades and hair-raising adventures ensue as our heroes find themselves in the middle of a devious plot to eliminate the entire royal family. And Chon gives Victorian Britain a royal kick in the pants as he tries to avenge his father's death and keep love-struck Roy away from his sister!
Surrogates
How do you save humanity when the only thing that's real is you?

From the director of Terminator 3  comes a jaw-dropping psychological thriller starring the ultimate action hero, Bruce Willis.

In the not-so-distant future, where people experience life through perfect surrogates controlled from the safety of their own homes, murder is a thing of the past. But when a college student linked to the creator of these replicants is killed, one FBI agent must re-enter reality and risk his life to unravel the mystery. In the battle of technology versus humanity, who can you trust?

Experience every electrifying moment of this mind-blowing movie. Based on the acclaimed graphic novel and exploding with unforgettable action, Surrogates is nonstop entertainment from start to finish!
Spreading Ground
When the bodies of five children turn up in the waters of Burman City, its illusion of safety is shattered, and Mayor Hackett will stop at nothing to see the peace returned. As veteran Detective Ed Delongpre and his partner Mike McGivern struggle to come up with any clues, he must also struggle to re-establish his relationship with his estranged daughter , the mayor's aide .The mayor loses her patience and makes a dangerous deal with the city's mob boss to catch the gruesome killer. Now, no one is safe as men from opposite sides of the law must try to close in on the dangerous murderer, before he slaughters his next victim.
Seven Alone
'Seven Alone' is based on a true story written by Honore Morrow. In 1843, the Sager family was travelling from Missouri to Oregon. Along the way, the parents died, leaving the seven children to fend for themselves in the wilderness. This movie documents the miraculous and heartwarming story of survival, which has now entered the realm of Oregon legend.
Stargate: The Ark of Truth
This thrilling feature-length film picks up where Stargate SG-1 left off, thrusting the Stargate team – Daniel Jackson (Michael Shanks), Vala (Claudia Black), Teal'c (Christopher Judge), Sam (Amanda Tapping) and Cam (Ben Browder) – into their most exciting adventure yet. In search of an ancient artifact they hope can defeat the oppressive Ori, the team learns that the Ori are set to launch a final assault on Earth and a double-crossing I.O. operative is aboard the Odyssey!
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #5561 on: September 17, 2011, 12:45:13 AM »
Is anyone else experiencing severe distortions in Episode IV?

Not that I noticed. Give me a time code of a particular section and I'll compare it if you like.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5562 on: September 18, 2011, 04:06:19 PM »
Since I am getting ready for a big month of horror next month... I thought I would cancel the two TV Show pre-orders I have for this month (Drak Pack: Complete Series & Body of Proof: Season 1) to get some more new horror titles for my horror marathon. And just spending the money from those two pre-order.... using Amazon Marketplace... I was able to get several more horror movies for next month!  :thumbsup: I ordered...

Creepshow III
Lock the door, close the blinds, draw up your comforter and get set for more thrills, spills and chills with the third installment of Creepshow. Five new ghoulishly clever takes on the classic '50s horror comics, each an exercise in pure terror. Hair-raising tales about alternative realities, demonic possession and blood-sucking vampires. Nail-biting yarns about serial killers, mad scientists and hauntings from beyond the grave. It's all here in Creepshow 3, your ticket to more merrily macabre fun.
The Thaw
When a renowned environmental advocate, Dr. David Kruipen (Val Kilmer), discovers the carcass of a woolly mammoth in a polar ice cap, he leads a team of four bright ecology students in a research mission at a remote Arctic station. The group uncovers information beyond their wildest dreams...and nightmares when a prehistoric parasite revives and searches for a new warm-blooded host. Now infected, the unsuspecting students are forced to choose between a quarantine that will result in their death or a global epidemic.
Kraken: Tenticles of the Deep/Howling IV: The Original Nightmare/Night Shadow/Raging Sharks
KRAKEN: TENTICLES OF THE DEEP
Thirty years ago, Ray Reiter witnessed the brutal death of his parents at sea by a strange, octopus-like creature. Now determined to avenge their murders, he joins a perilous high-seas expedition that brings him face to face with the killer Kraken—guardian of the coveted Greek Opal—and a ruthless crime lord who wants the treasure for himself.

HOWLING IV: THE ORIGINAL NIGHTMARE
At the direction of her doctor, Marie and her husband plan a relaxing getaway to the picturesque town of Drago. Marie knows there is something sinister going down in the town, but what she doesn't know is that it has razor-sharp claws, an insatiable lust for blood, and it kills by the cold light of a full moon...

NIGHT SHADOW
Alex, an up and coming TV journalist, returns to her hometown of Danford as local police attempt to cope with a series of brutal murders. The small town plunges into a state of panic and the murders—clearly the work of a monster, more beast then man—continue...until Alex comes face to face with the evil itself.

RAGING SHARKS
When the crew of an underwater lab discovers an uinearthly sunken object that is mysteriously attracting hundreds of sharks, they become a security risk...and a target.
Midnight Horror Collection: Road Trip to Hell
The Craving
On a road trip across the country, a group of college friends become stranded in the desert. Miles from anywhere and with limited supplies, they discover that when the sun goes down, a deadly killer comes out. Something that will not go into the night quietly...or without a meal. The group must battle the creature for their lives in a desolate, harsh land that few have survived.

Sheltered
On the eve of a massive storm, Joey, an awkward but straight-laced bartender, offers a group of vacationers refuge at his house. As the storm wreaks havoc outside, the group slowly discovers why they've been invited to the house, just how disturbed their host is, and that they'll have to fight a crazed killer if they're to see the light of dawn.

Hell's Highway
A road trip for four college friends turns into a twisted, bloody nightmare when they pick up Lucinda, a hot, young hitchhiker who lusts for the kill. After she terrorizes them, the group kills her. But around the next bend—and every bend—she appears like a mirage, ready to slaughter again...

Feeding Grounds
En route to a weekend at a desert cabin, four young couples find themselves in a dangerous situation that will push them to their breaking points. After a glitch in plans forces them to pull over, they burn time by getting the party started amid the gorgeous desert scenery until a grisly discovery sets them running. But there's nowhere to run, and nowhere to hide...
Psychosis
After suffering a mental breakdown, Susan (Charisma Carpenter), a successful horror novelist, retreats to a picturesque and secluded countryside manor to recover. However things take a  terrifying turn when she begins having horrifying vissions of a deranged psychopath and a massacre that took place years ago.
Severed/Shallow Ground/Rage
SEVERED: FOREST OF THE DEAD
A group of young environmental activists become infected, ravenous, unstoppable zombies when a forestry company's genetic experimentation goes disastrously wrong. Sheer terror can't pump enough adrenaline through these bodies to help them out of this remote forest in this gruesome horror tale. Severed stand heads (and other body parts) above the rest!

SHALLOW GROUND
Jack Sheppard didn't think his nightmares could possibly get any worse. But when a mysterious boy, dressed only in a coating of fresh blood appears, Jack is forced down a path of dark secrets and unthinkable horrors. The small town of Shallow Valley is about to become a gruesome battleground where the living will now pay for the pain the dead have suffered.

THE RAGE
From Director Robert Kurtzman (Wishmaster, Buried Alive), comes the highly-anticipated new splatter classic. When victims injected with a rage virus escapes from the experimentation of a mad scientist—his secrets are uncovered and all hell breaks loose. The Rage is guaranteed to be an out-RAGE-ously gory good time!

That is 14 more horror movies to keep me nice and busy next month!  :thumbup:
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5563 on: September 19, 2011, 01:41:09 AM »
Do you have a Wal-Mart by you? They have a bunch of 4 pack horror movies in the $5 bin.

Not that you need more DVDs... :tease:

Of course I had to pick up some to fill the empty slots in my collection!  :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5564 on: September 19, 2011, 01:58:26 AM »
Of course you did! :P

I believe I have to be done buying... at least for this month.
Pete