Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 856230 times)

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #5085 on: April 28, 2011, 11:00:55 PM »
This arrived today

Woochi: The Demon Slayer

I've had this on my wishlist for awhile now. I would be interested if it's worth to buy it.

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5086 on: April 29, 2011, 09:03:39 PM »
This arrived today

Woochi: The Demon Slayer

I've had this on my wishlist for awhile now. I would be interested if it's worth to buy it.

Not too sure what I want to watch this weekend so I'll probably give this a spin.
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

RossRoy

« Reply #5087 on: April 30, 2011, 01:44:34 AM »

Being Human: Season One
George (Russell Tovey) and Mitchell (Aidan Turner) work in anonymous drudgery as hospital porters in Bristol, England. They lead lives of quiet desperation under the burden of a terrible secret – Mitchell’s a vampire and George a werewolf. Deciding to start life afresh and leave behind the dark side, they move into a house, only to find that Annie (Lenora Crichlow), the ghost of a woman killed in mysterious circumstances, haunts it. As the threesome deal with the challenges of their new lives together, they’re united in their desire to blend in with their human neighbors. But with unwelcome intruders into their world, a threatened revolution from the vampire underworld, constant threats of exposure, and the day-to-day issues faced by young people, the only thing they may be able to rely on is each other.

Being Human: Season Two
Being Human returns for a gripping second season as vampire Mitchell (Aidan Turner), werewolf George (Russell Tovey), and ghost Annie (Lenor Crichlow) encounter new enemies while they fight for something close to a normal life.

It's tough being supernatural. Mitchell's romance with a feisty doctor is disrupted by a vampire community in disarry. George's relationship with a new girlfriend is undermined by an uncontrollable twist in his werewolf existence. Annie has a brutal reminder that life as a spirit is full of challenges. All three are threatened by CenSSA, a religious organization committed to the destruction or conversion of supernatural freaks, operated by the mysterious Professor Jaggat and the sinister, cold-hearted Kemp.

Just when your inner demons might be conquered, it's the outer demons who won't go away.

Sherlock: Season One
A contemporary take on the classic Arthur Conan Doyle stories, Sherlock is a thrilling, funny, fast-paced adventure series set in present-day London. Co-created by Steven Moffat (Doctor Who, Coupling) and Mark Gatiss, Sherlock stars BAFTA-nominee Benedict Cumberbatch (Hawking, Amazing Grace) as the new Sherlock Holmes and Martin Freeman (The Office, Love Actually), as his loyal friend, Doctor John Watson. Rupert Graves plays Inspector Lestrade. The iconic details from Conan Doyle's original books remain - they live at the same address, have the same names and, somewhere out there, Moriarty is waiting for them. And so across three thrilling, scary, action-packed and highly modern-day adventures, Sherlock and John navigate a maze of cryptic clues and lethal killers to get at the truth.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #5088 on: April 30, 2011, 05:50:14 AM »
I think this is everything I've gotten since the last time I posted in this thread.  That's been about a month I think.

Colin & Brad: Two Man Group

Fast & Furious

The Fast and the Furious

Whose Line Is It Anyway? Season One: Vol. 1

Whose Line Is It Anyway? Season One: Vol. 2

Mickey Mouse in Living Color: Volume Two: 1939-Today

Pinocchio

When in Rome

Tangled

The Vicar Of Dibley: The Immaculate Collection

"What's Up, Doc?"

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1

Due Date

Tangled

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5089 on: April 30, 2011, 03:05:02 PM »
This arrived via postie from HMV

The Green Hornet
Steelbook Exclusive

and I bought this from Tesco's

Redline
Tesco's Exclusive
Dave

My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Najemikon

« Reply #5090 on: April 30, 2011, 03:06:47 PM »
Marie! You've got the Vicar of Dibley!  :hysterical: Have you seen any of them before? It's very quirky, but it's probably my mum's favourite show. They repeat it all the time on one of the digital channels here.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #5091 on: April 30, 2011, 08:12:09 PM »
Marie! You've got the Vicar of Dibley!  :hysterical: Have you seen any of them before? It's very quirky, but it's probably my mum's favourite show. They repeat it all the time on one of the digital channels here.

I know I do...I ordered it.  :P
I've seen a little of it.  I watched a few episodes on the demand thing on Amazon and liked them.  I like Dawn French...and I don't mind quirky.  I have another online friend from Australia that likes the show too.  And the set was the deal of the day at Amazon..$39 for the set I think it was.  So I figured I go ahead and get it.  I've liked the other shows from England I've gotten.

Oh...and of course...it is all your fault again. ;)  It is another show from England, so it's your fault.   :laugh:

Sammy

« Reply #5092 on: April 30, 2011, 10:22:35 PM »
New video with some funny shaped boxsets. :)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5093 on: May 02, 2011, 05:34:47 PM »
Received this morning from Diabolik DVD ;D

BTW if someone else bought this one also I would appreciate to get new covers scan mine aren't too good.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5094 on: May 03, 2011, 01:51:57 PM »
I just placed my monthly order... With all the movies I have on the way I decided to concentrate on TV Series. So I ordered...

The Batman: The Complete Third Season
As if keeping the streets of 'Gotham City' safe from crazies like 'The Joker', 'The Penguin' and 'Scarface' weren't enough, now 'The Batman' has women problems! Best friends 'Barbara Gordon' and 'Pamela Isley' are spirited teens, passionate about their campaign of eco-terrorism against the city's corporate offenders. But when a strike against a chemical plant goes bad, their lives change forever and Gotham gains two more players in the showdown of good and evil! Barbara aka 'Batgirl' becomes The Batman's feisty sidekick while Pamela aka 'Poison Ivy' becomes the newest thorn in The Batman's side. With all 13 Season Three episodes, this 2-disc DVD collection delivers The Batman style with a jolt of girl power!
She-Wolf of London: Love and Curses
In the tradition of Universal's famed collection of monsters comes She-Wolf of London. Now the complete series featuring all 20 episodes is available for the first time on DVD.

Beautiful American grad student Randi Wallace (Kate Hodge, Fringe)never suspected that traveling in England with handsome mythology professor Ian Matheson (Neil Dickson, Beowulf) would change her life forever. While conducting research on the misty and mysterious English moors, Randi is attacked and bitten by a werewolf. Now cursed to transform into a bloodthirsty werewolf during every full moon, the two must find a way to save her. Follow their adventures from London to L.A. as they search for a cure, and battle supernatural forces and the romantic feelings they have for one another.
Worst Week: The Complete Series
Worst Week is an outrageous comedy series about a guy, a girl, her parents and a side-splitting assortment of catastrophes.  Sam (Kyle Bornheimer, Jericho) and Melanie (Erinn Hayes, Kitchen Confidential) are engaged with a baby on the way - so winning over her parents is job #1 for Sam.  Stern judge Dick (Kurtwood Smith, That '70s Show) and overprotective Angela (Nancy Lenehan, My Name Is Earl) are willing to give this well-meaning young man the benefit of the doubt, but something utterly disastrous happens every time they get together.  That won't stop Sam from trying though and, with supportive Melanie doing damage control, he'll just keep jumping back into the fray, hoping to charm his way into the good graces of his future in-laws.  Each time he tries though the mishaps get crazier.  Based on the acclaimed British sitcom The Worst Week of My Life, this madcap comedy from one of the twisted minds that brought you Scrubs boldly goes where no family misadventure has gone before.
My Own Worst Enemy: Complete Series
Henry (Christian Slater) is a middle-class efficiency expert living a humdrum life in the suburbs with his wife, kids, dog, and a minivan. Edward (Slater) is an operative who speaks 13 languages, runs a four-minute mile, and is trained to kill. The one thing Henry and Edward have in common is they share the same body. But when the carefully constructed wall between them breaks down, these polar opposites are thrust into unfamiliar territory where each man is dangerously out of his element. Also starring Alfre Woodard (Desperate Housewives), Mike O'Malley (Yes, Dear), Mädchen Amick (Gossip Girl) and Taylor Lautner (Twilight), plus powerful guest stars such as James Cromwell (LA Confidential).
Hawkeye: The First Frontier: The Complete Series
Against the breathtaking scenery of 18th century North America, Hawkeye delivers the adventure, beauty and hardship of frontier life in all 22 episodes of the series!

In the new frontier, French and British forces battle for a stronghold in the Hudson Valley. Facing savage dangers and rugged terrain, Elizabeth Shield (Lynda Carter) and her husband William (Lee Horsley) have come to Fort Bennington to open a trading post in support of the British force, leaving behind the comfort and security of the old world.

When their journey crosses paths with the hostile Iroquois, Elizabeth and William are rescued by Hawkeye (Lee Horsley), a nonconformist frontiersman and his native friend, Chingachgook (Rodney A. Gant).

William is double-crossed by his greedy brother who orchestrates his capture by the French. Elizabeth turns to Hawkeye for assistance in rescuing her husband while learning to survive her new frontier life. As her feelings for Hawkeye develop into more than friendship, Elizabeth must pray for the well-being of her husband, while holding vigil for the man she secretly loves.
Scrubs: The Complete Sixth Season
Fill your prescription for laughs with the sixth dose of the Emmy® Award-winning Scrubs. The doctors of Sacred Heart make their rounds in the most surreal comedy on network television.

Expect big bundles of laughs this year as J.D. and Kim, Turk and Carla, and Dr. Cox and Jordan are all expecting little bundles of joy, and the entire crew take an unforgettable road trip.

Continue your Scrubs collection with all 22 episodes of the groundbreaking sitcom's sensational sixth season. With a band of hilarious guest stars and exclusive bonus features, including alternate takes and bloopers, this three-disc box set is the perfect cure for the entertainment blues.

And on Pre-Order for this month...

The Bionic Woman: Season 2

Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #5095 on: May 03, 2011, 06:20:01 PM »
That Hawkeye listing is incorrect...Lee Horsley isn't playing two roles in that.  You have him listed as both Hawkeye and William Shields.  I looked it up on IMDB and another actor played William.

I have Scrubs which I enjoy...that's all I have of the ones you're getting.  Strangely enough, I have never seen a full episode of The Batman.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5096 on: May 03, 2011, 06:25:08 PM »
Must be a typo on the back of the case or from dvdempire. As that is where I got the info... and DVDempire usually uses the back of the case. :P
Pete

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5097 on: May 04, 2011, 11:30:00 AM »
These arrived yesterday

Fish Tank

An Education

Time Traveller: the girl who leapt through time

Dave

My Library

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #5098 on: May 04, 2011, 02:30:26 PM »
Arrived today:

Rogmeister

« Reply #5099 on: May 04, 2011, 09:11:19 PM »
Today I got 2 video games (both for the Nintendo DS) and on DVD set.  Here's what I got, video games first...

Major League Baseball 2K11
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars

And the DVD game I got...

Growing Pains: The Complete Second Season--The first season came out quite awhile ago...something like 3 or 4 years ago, I think, if not longer.  This contains 22 episodes on 3 discs.  I haven't checked out any of the discs yet but according to the packaging, it looks like there are no extras unless you count English and French subtitles as an extra.