Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 856472 times)

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #4920 on: March 30, 2011, 07:15:11 PM »
td] Repo! The Genetic Opera

Would live to hear your thought on this. The guys from (Cool) Shite are strong fans, but I would like to hear one more opinion before making this blind buy.

I am not sure if I will like it. I will let you know. I finally bought it after watching the review on http://www.thatguywiththeglasses.com/ and I saw that it was only 6 pounds for the Blu on amazon.co.uk.

Moon is great!
Yeah. Saw it at the FFF.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4921 on: March 30, 2011, 07:32:22 PM »
Arrived in the mail today...

Dennis the Menace: Season One
Pete

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #4922 on: March 30, 2011, 11:25:25 PM »
Arrived today:

RED

lyonsden5

« Reply #4923 on: March 30, 2011, 11:44:36 PM »
Anyone hear anything good (or bad) about this weeks release of The Ten Commandments? Always loved that film. If done right it could be amazing in HD

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4924 on: March 31, 2011, 02:26:06 AM »
Received today from Amazon Canada... and just finished profiling this order (more than 8 hours of works)

and the reason why it took me so long...

Who countains those 12 movies

And I expect another set tomorrow, so it will be another day of profiling tomorrow...
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 02:30:09 AM by Jimmy »

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4925 on: March 31, 2011, 06:28:28 AM »
Here you go: http://www.dvdcollectorsonline.com/index.php/topic,3213.msg86111.html#msg86111
Get Reefer Madness: The Movie Musical instead, if you haven't already. I briefly commented on that one as well.

Maybe I read that before and that's what kept me from buying :hmmmm: It was that just recently I heard those guys talk about it again with praise that had me come back to that... Maybe if I can get it cheap, otherwise I'll keep passing.

I think I was an old film of the same name (Reefer Madness; originally titles Tell Your Children) which regularly played in a cinema near my hometown (how to say "Programmkino...?). But I never went to see it...

Repo is getting cheap ($8.99 at Amazon right now), so I may get it some time; also will track the pricing for Reefer Madness; not sure I want to spent $13, but if it goes below $9 I might grab it.

Anyone hear anything good (or bad) about this weeks release of The Ten Commandments? Always loved that film. If done right it could be amazing in HD
DVD Talk gave it a perfect score (only half a star subtracted for the fiolm itself). I am tempted to get the regular version myself.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 06:30:55 AM by Achim »

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4926 on: March 31, 2011, 07:13:23 AM »
Here you go: http://www.dvdcollectorsonline.com/index.php/topic,3213.msg86111.html#msg86111
Get Reefer Madness: The Movie Musical instead, if you haven't already. I briefly commented on that one as well.
I think I was an old film of the same name (Reefer Madness; originally titles Tell Your Children) which regularly played in a cinema near my hometown (how to say "Programmkino...?). But I never went to see it...

That original version is included on the DVD, although it seems to come from a public domain source and the picture quality is rather bad. Doesn't matter much though, as it's really only of peripheral interest. ("Programmkino" would be "arthouse cinema", btw?)

Repo is getting cheap ($8.99 at Amazon right now), so I may get it some time; also will track the pricing for Reefer Madness; not sure I want to spent $13, but if it goes below $9 I might grab it.

Well, $9 for Repo and $9 for Reefer would make $18, so getting Reefer for $13 is still cheaper and, as a bonus, avoids disappointment and regret afterwards. ;) I really can't stress enough how great it is, but if you search youtube for "reefer madness musical" you will find some clips to take a peek for yourself. Examples:

« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 07:25:43 AM by goodguy »
Matthias

lyonsden5

« Reply #4927 on: March 31, 2011, 02:21:26 PM »
Thanks for the link Achim. That's about as good as it gets!

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4928 on: April 01, 2011, 01:16:17 AM »
Received this morning from Amazon Canada

Movies included in the set

It's the pre-order I was really waiting for this month (if we don't count Lickerish Quartet that is delayed by a month). DTV from the end of the eighties filled with actions, playmates and Erik Estrada, it sure sounds like an awesome weekend of movies watching to me ;D

Rogmeister

« Reply #4929 on: April 01, 2011, 03:42:40 AM »
I returned to my Blockbuster Video store today which is still going out of business and bought 7 more used Blu-ray titles.  Some of these I wasn't too familiar with and I found out why when I got home and looked them up on the IMDB.  All but two of them got lower scores than 7.0.  The ones I got today...

Baby On Board
Catch & Release
Ghost Town
Love Happens
Motherhood
The Runaways
Star Trek (the reboot film)

And I almost picked up another bad film...I thought of getting the Sandra Bullock film All About Steve.

hal9g

« Reply #4930 on: April 01, 2011, 05:12:28 AM »
And I almost picked up another bad film...I thought of getting the Sandra Bullock film All About Steve.

If Sandra Bullock is in it, it can't be THAT bad!!   :devil:

Sorry, I just have a "thing" for her!   :-[

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4931 on: April 01, 2011, 07:49:41 AM »
All About Steve is the one she got the Razzie for ;)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4932 on: April 01, 2011, 01:07:07 PM »
Definitely not the best movie... but I liked it enough to get it IF I could get it cheap enough. And then I would probably just use it as a filler to get the free shipping. :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4933 on: April 01, 2011, 01:36:33 PM »
I placed a pretty nice order today... I am getting...

The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season
After waking from a coma in an abandoned hospital, police officer Rich Grimes finds the world he knew gone – ravaged by a zombie epidemic of apocalyptic proportions. Nearby, on the outskirts of Atlanda, a small encampment struggles to survive as "the dead" stalk them at every turn. Can Rick and the others hold onto their humanity as they fight to live in this terrifying new world? And, admidst dire conditions and personal rivalries, will they ultimately survive one another?

AMC's "The Walking Dead" is an epic survival adventure series from Frank Darabont, director of The Shawshank Redemption, and Gale Anne Hurd, producer of Ther Terminator and Aliens, based on the graphic novel series by Robert Kirkman.

I somehow missed this when it originally aired. Then seeing everyone talk about it here... so many people ordering it lately I just couldn't resist! Looking forward to finally checking this one out!

Scrubs: The Complete Fourth Season
This year, the laughs are off the charts in TV's most surreal and sidesplitting show. 'Scrubs'' hilarious fourth season does "an amazing job combining cheeky comedy...and honestly poignant drama," raves 'Newsday'.

Catch the most contagious comedy around with every episode, complete with hysterical bonus features and the show's original, unedited music in 5.1 Surround Sound.

Matthew Perry, Tom Cavanagh and Molly Shannon are just a few of the guest stars joining the staff this year. And the crew of Sacred Heart makes their biggest moves yet as Elliot leaves the hospital for a new job, and J.D. faces life on his own for the first time.

Scrubs: The Complete Fifth Season
Make an appointment with the outrageous doctors of Sacred Heart. Garnering an Emmy® Award nomination for Best Comedy Series, Scrubs' fifth season is "sillier and more whimsical than ever," raves Newsday.

This year, the laughs are off the charts as J.D. moves in with Turk and Carla, and Elliot uses an interesting form of blackmail in order to get her job back at the hospital.

Jason Bateman and Cheryl Hines are just some of the sensational guest stars joining TV's quirkiest cast. Experience all 24 episodes, plus exclusive bonus features, including a never-before-seen extended cut of the 100th episode. It's just what the doctor ordered.

The sets in this series are currently on sale rather cheap ($11-$12 each) so I thought I would go ahead and pick up the next two seasons. I never seen this series when it originally aired... but I have been enjoying it on DVD.

Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut
You haven't seen all the Superman films until you've seen this! Superman II starring Christopher Reeve returns with a never-before-seen beginning and resolution. Director Richard Donner began shooting his vision of Superman II while concurrently filming Superman The Movie. For the first time, his unique vision is here. Jor-El (Marlon Brando in recently found footage) appears in key new scenes that amplify Superman lore and deepen the relationship between father and son. Lois Lane (Margot Kidder) plots more schemes to unmask Clark Kent as Superman. With so many changes, large and small, this version is an eye-opening alternate experience.

I kept going back and forth on getting this one. I wanted all the Superman movies... but already having the theatrical release version of this movie... I just wasn't sure if it differed enough to make the purchase. I had more then one person recently tell me it is the preferred version... that I had to see it. Still up there on price... so I ordered this one off of an Amazon Marketplace seller.

Hope & Faith: Season 1
Hope (Faith Ford), a down-to-earth wife and mother of three lives life quietly in an Ohio suburb, until her celebrity sister, Faith (Kelly Ripa), comes barging into town. Faith single-handedly stirs up drama with the family; just as her ex-soap opera character did on TV. With two opposites living under the same roof, both agree you can take the diva off daytime, but you can’t take the drama out of the diva.

I never seen this series before. But after our good friend Roger talked about watching this set recently I got curious about it. Found it cheap... so couldn't resist.

Defenders of the Earth: The Complete 65 Episode Series
THE DEFENDERS TRIUMPH ONCE AGAIN! - The Complete 65 Episode Series on 5 DVDs!

Tyrant Ming the Merciless and his vast army of evil accomplices are working overtime to eliminate the human race. But the Defenders of the Earth led by legendary crime-fighters The Phantom, Flash Gordon, Mandrake and his trusted confidant and bodyguard Lothar join forces with their uniquely talented teenage children to challenge Ming and his evil followers in a series of great adventures.

The dazzling quartet of heroes is joined by their young offspring: handsome and headstrong Rick Gordon; Jedda Walker and her panther sidekick; tough and smart Lothar "L.J." Jr.; and orphaned Kshin with his outer-space pet Zuffy. Together, the team of heroes must battle against evildoers from their pasts and future, including Ming and his underlings, as well as super villains, marauding aliens, destructive demons and sultry enchantresses! United as a team, they protect mankind as the Defenders of the Earth.

Both sides employ powerful computers and space age technology in their arsenals of weapons. They are our last best hope. For a frightened but determined planet they are the Defenders of the Earth.

This is one of those cheap Complete Series sets that Mill Creek Entertainment put out. When I saw all 65 episodes in the series for about $8 I got curious. Some reason it seemed familiar to me... but I couldn't place it. That is when I searched for the intro on Youtube. And I realized it is a show I used to watch all the time when I was a teen. I am now hoping it is something I can watch with Brittany... as she likes superhero stuff so much.

Here is the intro that jogged my memory of the series...

Pete

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #4934 on: April 01, 2011, 04:24:49 PM »
These two arrived today:

Atonement

Chasing Amy