Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 857093 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #4755 on: March 09, 2011, 08:53:30 PM »
I found the following title waiting for me when I got back from having my car worked on...

This is Ellery Queen Mysteries, a whodunit mystery series that aired on NBC in the 1970s.  This includes 22 hour-long episodes plus the pilot on 6 discs.  It looks like the only extra other than the pilot is an interview with series co-creator William Link.  Well, they count the booklet as a special feature, too.  It's a pretty nice booklet...but still...

A series I don't remember ever hearing of before. Has me a bit curious now. :P
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #4756 on: March 09, 2011, 08:58:00 PM »
Ellery Queen Mysteries was a whodunit in which Ellery (son of the police inspector) could piece together all the clues to determine who...done it!  He would even talk to the viewer towards the end of the episode, asking us if WE could figure it out!  Lots of big name guest stars in this, too...among them...Vincent Price, Eva Gabor, Joan Collins, Ray Milland, Anne Francis and Tom Bosley.

Rogmeister

« Reply #4757 on: March 09, 2011, 10:23:34 PM »
The UPS man came and dropped off another package with 3 seasons of sitcoms...

According To Jim: The Complete Second Season
Caroline In The City: The First Season
Caroline In The City: The Second Season

I recently watched the first season of According To Jim so I'm ready for the second season.  The third season comes out in May so I have nearly 2 months to watch the 2nd season before the 3rd season will be out.  This second season set has the following extras: Audio Commentaries (how many?  I don't know but I think the first season had two), new cast interviews.

I haven't thought about Caroline In The City for awhile but they keep coming up in the random reviews (I forget who reviewed those, though).  Unfortunately, only the first two seasons have been released here in North America and I don't know what years these came out so I'm unsure if there's any chance for further releases.  The only extras listed on these two sets are "episodic promos".  I looked up the show's schedule in a book I have and in its first 4 seasons, it was on no less than 3 different nights.  That's not the way to give it much of a chance in the ratings game.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #4758 on: March 09, 2011, 10:30:52 PM »
I haven't thought about Caroline In The City for awhile but they keep coming up in the random reviews (I forget who reviewed those, though). 
Probably my reviews. I have reviewed all the episodes of the first season.

Unfortunately, only the first two seasons have been released here in North America and I don't know what years these came out so I'm unsure if there's any chance for further releases. 
Because I hadn't heard of new releases long after I had purchased the second season, I bought the UK R2 release of the remaining two seasons.

Fasteddie33

« Reply #4759 on: March 09, 2011, 11:43:58 PM »
In the mail today...

Deadline-Blu Ray
The Crazies-Blu Ray
Waterworld-Blu Ray
Jonah Hex-DVD
Carrie-DVD
The Howling-DVD
Machete-DVD
Sleepwalkers-DVD

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #4760 on: March 10, 2011, 12:07:09 AM »
Deadline-Blu Ray
The Crazies-Blu Ray
Waterworld-Blu Ray
Jonah Hex-DVD
Carrie-DVD
The Howling-DVD
Machete-DVD
Sleepwalkers-DVD

Deadline is OK, The Crazies was one of the best horror remakes so far IMO (assuming it's the remake you picked up), Waterworld is average, Carrie and The Howling are classics, I loved Machete, hated Jonah Hex and not seen Sleepwalkers. You bought a cracking bunch of movies there IMO.

Fasteddie33

« Reply #4761 on: March 10, 2011, 12:25:37 AM »
Thanks...I have seen them all except Jonah Hex and Machete...I totaly agree with you about "The Crazies" :thumbup:!!

Rogmeister

« Reply #4762 on: March 10, 2011, 01:55:41 AM »
I just opened the second season set of According To Jim.  There is no booklet inside and not even a sheet or anything listing the episode titles (let alone the plots).  I'll doubtless watch them in order so, for first viewing, it's not a big deal, but good luck looking for specific episodes for repeated viewings.  

I just looked up Caroline In The City and, by some coincidence, tomorrow is actually the 2nd anniversary of the release of the 2nd season on DVD here in North America.  So, with 2 years gone by and no new releases, I am concluding there won't be any other releases here unless an independent company like Shout picks it up...
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 02:00:04 AM by Rogmeister »

Najemikon

« Reply #4763 on: March 10, 2011, 01:58:35 AM »
Thanks...I have seen them all except Jonah Hex and Machete...I totaly agree with you about "The Crazies" :thumbup:!!

Are you two on crack? :laugh:

I... do not agree... http://www.dvdcollectorsonline.com/index.php/topic,6780.msg129546.html#msg129546

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #4764 on: March 10, 2011, 02:40:02 AM »

I... do not agree... http://www.dvdcollectorsonline.com/index.php/topic,6780.msg129546.html#msg129546

I thought it was an improvement on the original with some great effects, some well added dark humour at the right moments and I think Olyphant and Radha Mitchell played off each other very well. The whole scene on the baseball diamond was one of the better scenes of recent horror movies IMO. In fact, I would go as far as to say it's in my top 3 horror remakes with The Thing and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I've only seen it once so far as a rental, waiting for a nice cheap price to buy.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4765 on: March 10, 2011, 02:43:18 AM »
I found the following title waiting for me when I got back from having my car worked on...

Mine came today. I'm not going to watch it until my mom visits in June. This was a series we used to watch together when it first aired and she wants to see it with me.

Fasteddie33

« Reply #4766 on: March 10, 2011, 03:39:53 AM »
SWEET!!!..My wife just got me the first season of "The Walking Dead" on Blu Ray!!!

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4767 on: March 10, 2011, 05:23:04 AM »
SWEET!!!..My wife just got me the first season of "The Walking Dead" on Blu Ray!!!
MIne is in the mail. Can't wait to receive it and watch it!

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4768 on: March 10, 2011, 05:41:32 AM »

+1
See Jon how I haven't reply... even if it wasn't easy :laugh:

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #4769 on: March 10, 2011, 02:16:44 PM »
Today's arrivals:
Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman - Season 4
Scrubs: Season 8