Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 857457 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #4575 on: February 07, 2011, 05:20:13 PM »
Well... I just placed a small order today. Just a couple TV Series.

Ghost Whisperer: The Final Season
In the hit CBS drama GHOST WHISPERER, Melinda Gordon (Jennifer Love Hewitt) has chilling, heart-stopping, amusing and emotional encounters with ghosts and those they haunt. At the tense intersection of the Living and the Dead, there is a mind-bending mystery that puts Melinda in lethal jeopardy – but also brings hope and miracles. Melinda's husband Jim (David Conrad) is now a practicing physician at Grandview's haunted hospital. With the spirit world growing stronger, Melinda and Jim must find a way to balance their romance, and the challenges of the churning spirit world. Melinda comes to understand that her unique gift is a responsibility that must be honored to help souls in need – alive or dead – find perfect closure.

As you know from when I got season 4 just last month... this is a series I love. And this release finally completes this series for me!  :yahoo: I can't wait to revisit this season again!

Silk Stalkings: The Complete First Season
In Palm Beach, Florida, crimes of passion are a frequent occurrence among the rich and beautiful. Enter Sgt. Rita Lance (Mitzi Kapture) and Sgt. Chris Lorenzo (Rob Estes), the attractive young homicide detective whose job it is to investigate these high-class murders--or "Silk Stalkings", as they call them. Pulsing with illicit affairs, kinky encounters, cold-blooded murders, and their own dark secrets, these are the deadly days and steamy nights of TV's sexiest cop partners! The investigations are laced with lace and spiced
with innuendo as Palm Beach's finest delve into the steamy underbelly of high society.

This one is actually a blind buy as I never seen a single episode of this show. But when I seen the season 1 set on sale for only $5 I couldn't help but to give it a chance.
Pete

Fasteddie33

« Reply #4576 on: February 07, 2011, 09:04:03 PM »
In todays mail....

The Bela Lugosi Box set
Beetlejuice
It
The Thaw
The Wolfman-Original,Lon Chaney

The wife got-
101 Dalmations Limited Edition
Cinderella Limited Edition
Chicken Little

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4577 on: February 08, 2011, 12:51:41 AM »
I am so weak!...

Ellen: The Complete Season Five
Celebrated as one of America's funniest and most popular entertainers, Ellen DeGeneres stars in the fifth and final season of her Emmy® Award-winning ABC sitcom ELLEN, the history-making show that put her at the center of the comedy map.

Universally acclaimed and now officially out of the closet, ELLEN: THE COMPLETE SEASON FIVE, finds the beloved 30-something bookstore owner, along with her cadre of loyal friends, goofing it up more than ever. Effortlessly balancing life's obstacles with trademark-inspired buffoonery, each episode boasts a surefire mix of quirky warmth and unbounded hilarity. Aided and abetted as always by Spence (Jeremy Piven), Paige (Joely Fisher), Joe (David Anthony Higgins), and Audrey (Clea Lewis), Ellen Morgan (DeGeneres) continues to manage life as Ellen, extricating herself from one absurd situation after the next.

Featuring all 22 episodes from its critically acclaimed fifth season, ELLEN: THE COMPLETE SEASON FIVE is stuffed with memorable cameos by Jennifer Aniston, Woody Harrelson, Phil Donahue, Emma Thompson, Anne Heche, Cindy Crawford, Sarah McLachlan, Kevin McDonald, Angie Dickinson, Louis Gossett, Jr., as well as two special tribute episodes and more!

What can I say... I found it really cheap so couldn't help but order it. And this completes another series!  :yahoo:
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #4578 on: February 08, 2011, 04:57:44 AM »
I had a gift card to use...I stopped at the store on the way home to get a few things...ended up using the gift card to get Date Night on Blu-ray.

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #4579 on: February 08, 2011, 12:18:45 PM »
Purchased today:

Moon

Psycho

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4580 on: February 08, 2011, 05:51:08 PM »
Received this morning from Amazon UK marketplace

Who need an overprice Criterion release when you can import a product as good if not better for 1/10 of the Criterion price :shrug:
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 05:52:57 PM by Jimmy »

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4581 on: February 08, 2011, 09:15:34 PM »
Arrived Today...

The Good Witch will work for my Romance marathon. :)
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #4582 on: February 08, 2011, 11:48:14 PM »
Received this morning from Amazon UK marketplace

Who need an overprice Criterion release when you can import a product as good if not better for 1/10 of the Criterion price :shrug:

:laugh: funny how we both imported! I got the Criterion. If yours is the Fremantle edition, then it is comparable, certainly, but the regular UK edition is barebones. Criterion are frequently the best releases, both in quality and extras. My Straw Dogs has an 82 minute documentary on Peckinpah which was very good, plus tons of other stuff.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4583 on: February 09, 2011, 02:42:17 AM »
Yes it's the Freemantle release. The MGM regular edition is barebones here also and I never bought barebone release of a movie unless I don't have any other choices (I like to watch all those extras to know more about the film history, unless it's a recent movies since it's butts kissing and futility most of the time). Can't wait to get Tomorrow Never Come from the same seller probably next week :fingerchew:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #4584 on: February 09, 2011, 08:21:45 PM »
Yesterday I received a few new items:

A Film With Me In It (Amazon.de)
I saw this at the FantasyFilmFest and I thought it was really funny.
Kites (Amazon.de)
I am curious about this one. This Blu-ray contains both the original Hindi version and the international "Remix" version. After seeing and liking the original, Brett Radner (director of X-Men 3) re-edited and rescored it to make it more accessable to US audiences as some kind of experiment.
Die schönsten Musikfilme der 50er Jahre (Amazon.de)
Boxset with five German musicals from the 50s. I never saw any of these. It contains:
Die Drei von der Tankstelle
Im Weißen Rössl
Die Deutschmeister
Gräfin Mariza
Hoch klingt der Radetzkymarsch
Moonlight: Season One (Amazon.co.uk)
I was now so cheap that I finally couldn't resist anymore buying it.
Room in Rome (Amazon.co.uk)
For my lesbian movie marathon.
The Fish Child (Amazon.co.uk)
Elena Undone (Amazon.co.uk)

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #4585 on: February 10, 2011, 10:46:03 AM »
Received this one yesterday from Amazon:

The Tudors: Season 4

And these three appeared suddenly in my shopping basket at MediaMarkt:

The Replacement Killers

Crazy Heart

District 9
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 02:08:53 PM by Silence_of_Lambs »

kevin_1990

« Reply #4586 on: February 10, 2011, 02:55:12 PM »
I received This box set today 'The James Dean Complete Boxset' there is two versions of this boxset available with the same 3 movies in them just a diffrent picture on the boxset i thought the picture on this set was the coolest so i bought this one of Amazon for just under £11, £12 total with the 1st class post.I'm a bit gutted with the art work on the Giant 1st Disc that has the movie on it there is no art work which is kinda let down lol but still a good boxset.

What do use guy's think do use own this set ?
Front of Boxset

Back of Boxset

3 Films inside

Back of 3 Films

2 cds with each film

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4587 on: February 10, 2011, 09:28:55 PM »
I am almost ashamed to admit it... but I never seen a James Dean movie. Of course that is probably because I am fairly new to the classics.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4588 on: February 10, 2011, 09:33:13 PM »
2 packages arrived in the mail today... Containing...

The Batman: Season 2

Charles in Charge Season 1

Quarantine

Still Small Voices

Ellen Season 5
Completing the series!  :yahoo:
Pete

kevin_1990

« Reply #4589 on: February 10, 2011, 10:51:06 PM »
I am almost ashamed to admit it... but I never seen a James Dean movie. Of course that is probably because I am fairly new to the classics.

near had i until a couple of weeks ago always been a fan of him ever since i saw the movie about his life i watched East Of Eden and Rebel Without A Cause online and they were good movies. he was a good actor its a real shame he didn't get the chance to make more movies. you should check them out mate they would probably be a great add to your 4000  odd collection lol
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 10:54:14 PM by kevin_1990 »