Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 857578 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #4530 on: February 02, 2011, 04:30:11 AM »
.....which I still cant seem to put in my signature,but its on my profile!!
Just copy this and change the test for what you want
Fasteddie DVDs Collection

of course you have to reply to copy it or it won't works ;)

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4531 on: February 02, 2011, 10:57:31 PM »
These arrived yesterday

Fryderyk Chopin: The Piano Concertos

Aribert Reimann: Medea

Richard Wagner: The Ring Without Words

Winter's Bone

and this arrived today

The Town

also I was tidying up and found a box with 27 National Geographic DVD's I had received few years back but for some reason I have failed to catalogue them, propbably forgot they were there. Looks like I might have to get them in the db.
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #4532 on: February 03, 2011, 12:11:01 AM »
Arrived today from Amazon:

Despicable Me

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #4533 on: February 03, 2011, 12:47:35 AM »
Ishq Vishq (Amazon.co.uk)
Romantic comedy starring Amrita Rao  :drooling:

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4534 on: February 03, 2011, 01:01:27 AM »
Romantic comedy starring Amrita Rao  :drooling:
Off-topic: Is it just me, or does anyone else often mistake the :drooling: smiley for the other one (ah, there it is: :puke:).
Matthias

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4535 on: February 03, 2011, 03:25:23 AM »
Off-topic: Is it just me, or does anyone else often mistake the :drooling: smiley for the other one (ah, there it is: :puke:).
What an interesting mistake to make... I can't recall this happening to me; I guess I usually trust the context of the words. I can see how this can happen though.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4536 on: February 03, 2011, 01:42:22 PM »
 :laugh: Nope... never happened to me... a see a huge difference between the two. But then I am always drooling over some actress!  :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4537 on: February 03, 2011, 02:13:57 PM »
Well... I just placed my monthly Amazon order. Got a nice selection of stuff right cheap.

The Batman: The Complete Second Season
A New Criminal Riddles The Streets Of Gotham City!

Riddle me this: who's the latest villain to set his sinister sights on 'Gotham City'? 'The Riddler', of course, and only 'The Batman' has the answers to stop this enigmatic evildoer. In these 13 action-packed episodes from the hit TV series, Gotham's greatest protector stumps 'The Riddler' and other favorite villains like 'The Joker', 'Mr. Freeze' and 'The Penguin', and his obsession with justice earns the trust of up-and-coming police detective 'Jim Gordon'.

When Gordon offers 'The Batman' a tentative alliance - "Just help me make this city safe for my daughter" - another piece of the legend falls into place! Swoop onto this Deluxe 2-Disc Edition with All Season 2 Adventures plus Exciting Extras. See justice done as no other hero can deliver!

When the first season was given to me... I watched and enjoyed it. So thought it was time to go ahead and pick up season 2. And it was right cheap too.. got it for only $10.49!

Charles in Charge: The Complete First Season
One of the most entertaining sitcoms of the '80s is back as all 22 Season One episodes, including the hilarious pilot, of Charles in Charge come to DVD for the first time ever. Tag along with teen idol Scott Baio (Happy Days) as he takes on the role of live-in helper at the Pembroke household and soon discovers he needs a little help of his own! Between his college friend Buddy (Willie Aames), his girlfriend Gwendolyn and the three mischievous Pembroke kids, Charles has a lot to learn about growing up when the household - and his love life - are spiraling out of control. Joining Scott Baio are huge rising stars, including Meg Ryan, Christina Applegate and Matthew Perry. And now fans can see even more of Charles with an exclusive preview episode from Season Two with Charles's new family, the Powells!

This is a series I watched when it originally aired... but really remember little to nothing about it. REcently Roger and I was talking about this series... so I thought I would see what the seasons were going for. To my surprise right now Amazon has the first season (22 episode) on sale for only $5.86! How could I not get it?

The Good Witch
Catherine Bell (Army Wives) stars as Cassie, a bewitching woman who moves into a mysterious mansion in a small town.Soon, she opens Bell, Book & Candle, a curiosity shop full of candles, lotions, etc., and is enthralling the children of the local Police Chief (Chris Potter), who believes that she is a witch (but not a bad one!).But not everyone in town is appreciative of their quirky new neighbor, and it may take a little bit of magic for her to truly become part of the community.
OK... I admit it... Catherine Bell is one of the actress out there that I really enjoy. Definitely drool-worthy in my opinion!  :drooling:

I recently seen this movie... and I just enjoyed every second of it. Of course I love anything that has a bit of supernatural aspects added to it. She made 3 of these "Good Witch" movies so far... I so hope to see the rest of them released on DVD before too long!

Quarantine
When a news team decides to trail a brave fire-fighting team, they never suspect that the first call for help they respond to that night may be their last. Now they’re trapped in an apartment complex sealed off by the government. With no way of escape, they find themselves surrounded by frightened residents who are infected with a deadly mutant virus. What happens next is only known because of the footage they left behind.
I ordered this one for two reasons. First I realized I really enjoy those "Found Footage" movies... especially in the horror genre. And then I decided to go with this one instead of the original version only because I like Jennifer Carpenter (Dexter). But don't worry... I do plan on getting the original in my collection as well.

The Secret World of Alex Mack: The Complete First Season
Alex Mack is a normal thirteen-year-old, dreading her first day of junior high school and trying to deal with the typical adolescent concerns, like just feeling ordinary. But a toxic spill changes all that. On her way home from school, a chemical accident suddenly leaves her biologically altered. Alex now has the ability to liquefy herself, turn into a human magnet, move objects and create force fields.

Featuring the TV acting debut of Jessica Alba ('Sin City', 'Fantastic Four') and Larisa Oleynik ('10 Things I Hate About You') in the title role, 'The Secret World of Alex Mack: The Complete First Season' is now available for the first time on DVD!
This is a series that aired on Nick years ago... And I recently found the pilot episode and showed it to Brittany. We enjoyed watching it together. So when I saw that Amazon had the first season for only $11.49 I decided to pick it up for us to watch together.

Still Small Voices
When 911 operator Michael Summer (Catherine Bell, Army Wives) returns to work after suffering a personal tragedy, she receives a mysterious call from a frightened child begging for help. She soon begins having visions of a young girl believed to have been a drowning victim. The visions lead Michael to the town of Starlight, Pennsylvania, where she uncovers the story of a girl who went missing years before. Though the girl was written off as a drowning victim, Michael believes she was kidnapped. Threatening her own health and sanity, Michael launches her own investigation, uncovering a startling secret that shatters everything she knows to be true about herself.
This is another TV Movie starring Catherine Bell. I never heard of this one before... but when I ordered The Good Witch... Amazon recommended this one to me. So I checked the trailer and it looked good... so ordered it as well.

Trailers:

Pete

kahless

« Reply #4538 on: February 03, 2011, 03:02:38 PM »
Bought today:

Despicable Me (blu ray)

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #4539 on: February 03, 2011, 04:13:13 PM »
Bought today:

Despicable Me (blu ray)

Watched it already: Cute (especially the Minions), but doesn't come anyway near to other recent animated films.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #4540 on: February 03, 2011, 06:05:47 PM »
(500) Days of Summer (Amazon.de)
I have been waiting for the price to drop.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4541 on: February 03, 2011, 06:20:16 PM »
Received this morning from Amazon Canada

This one is an update of the precedent version I own that is 4 minutes shorter, doesn't have any extras (not even a menu) and is wrongly formatted (1:66:1 in place of 1:78:1). To write it simply : a very crappy release :laugh:

The only downside is that we got the release 3 months after the Americans :thumbdown:
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 06:24:09 PM by Jimmy »

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4542 on: February 03, 2011, 09:04:32 PM »
It isn't in profiler yet... so I can't do it my usual way... but while food shopping today I picked up...

I haven't seen either of these movies in many years. Not even sure that I ever seen The Indian in the Cupboard.
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4543 on: February 03, 2011, 11:18:49 PM »
It isn't in profiler yet... so I can't do it my usual way...
If I would waiting after the database 75% of my post in this thread wouldn't exist :laugh:
As I always say DVDP is perfect without the database if someone had the time to do all the works (who can be very long when you get a boxset or a TV serie).

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4544 on: February 03, 2011, 11:33:54 PM »
I recently won a small lot of movies from ebay. A couple have a few scratches, which I knew about, but the rest are perfect. I am thrilled with the care that went into packing my DVDs. There is over a 12 foot roll of bubble wrap surrounding the DVDs.

I already had Bully and Dreamers - I'll have to get a box started for Pete!  :laugh:

Here's a list of what I picked up:

Bully
Dead Man
Desperate Living
A Dirty Shame
Down by Law: The Criterion Collection
Dreamers
Drugstore Cowboy
Factorum
Happiness
I Shot Andy Warhol
Jesus' Son