Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 826061 times)

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #4050 on: October 28, 2010, 11:47:47 PM »
You know the drill: I want to hear your thoughts on this one :)
I really envy you that you got all of these on Blu. The long runtimes of these really benefit from Blu, I imagine.
I will watch and report  :laugh:
I had a quick glance at Chak De! India and that did look better than the DVD I watched last weekend but that was only a quick glance at the opening sequence.

Also about this one I am curious, what you think about it? Have you seen it before? Or the original South Korean movie?

I enjoyed it when I saw it on DVD which is why I double dipped for the Blu at only £6.00, in fact the way that amazon work their 2 for £12.00 offer this was invoiced at £4.59. I should be able to donate the DVD to a relative. I did hunt through amazon marketplace and playtrade for the original but couldn't find a copy  :(. I may try to look again.

Dave
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4051 on: October 29, 2010, 12:47:40 AM »
I did hunt through amazon marketplace and playtrade for the original but couldn't find a copy  :(. I may try to look again.

Just had another quick look and ordered Il Mare.

Dave
Dave

My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Rogmeister

« Reply #4052 on: October 30, 2010, 07:12:53 AM »
I got 3 more games on Friday so if I can get one game in the mail on Saturday, I will have received games every day there's been mail this week.  Today's trio of games are all for the original Xbox...

ESPN NFL 2K5
Halo
Halo 2

This brings my collection of Xbox games to 70.

RossRoy

« Reply #4053 on: October 30, 2010, 12:07:35 PM »
Got this last Thursday:

Fable III: Collector's Edition

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4054 on: October 30, 2010, 12:08:53 PM »
and today these arrived

Predators

My Name Is Khan

Like Stars on Earth

Dave
Dave

My Library

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #4055 on: October 30, 2010, 06:53:00 PM »
My Name Is Khan

Like Stars on Earth

:thumbup:

Just a heads up on the DVD release of "My Name Is Khan": I am not sure if I remember correctly, but I think you only get the proper English subtitle when just starting the movie. If you select the subtitle in the menu, it switches to the "English for the hard of hearing" subtitles, which for some reason do not subtitle the Hindi stuff, only the stuff which is spoken in English. (And also just ignore the Wilhemina subplot :laugh: (at least I didn't enjoy that part), other than that I really enjoyed this movie)

"Taare Zameen Par" (Like Stars on Earth) is also a good movie. It has a good plot and some (in my opinion) catchy songs. If you enjoy Aamir Khan's work (if I remember correctly you already have seen a movie with him: "Lagaan"), I can recommend to check out "Ghajini" or "Fanaa". The later which also stars Kajol who stars in My Name Is Khan.

You know, with the rate you are buying Bollywood movies now, I expect at least one Bollywood review a week from you  :P
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 06:54:34 PM by Tom »

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4056 on: October 30, 2010, 08:22:34 PM »
Just a heads up on the DVD release of "My Name Is Khan": I am not sure if I remember correctly, but I think you only get the proper English subtitle when just starting the movie. If you select the subtitle in the menu, it switches to the "English for the hard of hearing" subtitles, which for some reason do not subtitle the Hindi stuff, only the stuff which is spoken in English. (And also just ignore the Wilhemina subplot :laugh: (at least I didn't enjoy that part), other than that I really enjoyed this movie)

"Taare Zameen Par" (Like Stars on Earth) is also a good movie. It has a good plot and some (in my opinion) catchy songs. If you enjoy Aamir Khan's work (if I remember correctly you already have seen a movie with him: "Lagaan"), I can recommend to check out "Ghajini" or "Fanaa". The later which also stars Kajol who stars in My Name Is Khan.

Thanks Tom, yep you remembered correctly Lagaan is one I have already watched. When I placed the order for My Name Is Khan amazon offered Like Stars on Earth for £4.99 so I just clicked yes taking a chance for a fiver.

You know, with the rate you are buying Bollywood movies now, I expect at least one Bollywood review a week from you  :P

:laugh: I've got to get back into watching more films of all types, just this week 3 sets and 9 individual titles have given me 19 films to watch of which only 7 I haven't seen before  :bag:.

Dave
Dave

My Library

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #4057 on: November 01, 2010, 08:59:26 PM »
These arrived today from Amazon

Chiko

The Shipping News

Fanboys

The Fall

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4058 on: November 02, 2010, 12:32:36 PM »
Today the following arrived

These complete my amazon 2 for £12.00 order
Collateral Damage
Double dip update at a reasonable price
The Host
Double dip update at a reasonable price
Martyrs
Looks interesting
Dungeons & Dragons: Wrath of the Dragon God

The Midnight Meat Train
Well it's got Vinnie Jones in it so it must be .... (insert choice of word here)

And these are my usual pre-ordered titles
The Secret of Kells
Looks very interesting with many favourable comments
Mark Adamo: Little Women

Wagner: Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg

Richard Strauss: Elektra

Dave
Dave

My Library

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4059 on: November 02, 2010, 02:30:44 PM »
The Fall
Beautiful film! I reviewed it here.

Would like to know what you think once you saw it.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #4060 on: November 02, 2010, 08:40:17 PM »
Today I got:

Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Critter

« Reply #4061 on: November 02, 2010, 10:10:41 PM »
I've always wondered about it but I honestly don't know how you suffer through Gossip Girl Karsten. I myself am a teenage girl, it's supposed to be aimed at me yet after I tried to watch the first season I just had to stop. That show drove me insane, it just felt so silly and pointless. I suppose it's just not my type of show though. I would rather watch something with a bit of action involved.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #4062 on: November 02, 2010, 10:33:44 PM »
I've always wondered about it but I honestly don't know how you suffer through Gossip Girl Karsten. I myself am a teenage girl, it's supposed to be aimed at me yet after I tried to watch the first season I just had to stop. That show drove me insane, it just felt so silly and pointless. I suppose it's just not my type of show though. I would rather watch something with a bit of action involved.

In the early nineties I watched The Guiding Light (in Germany it was called Springfield Story) for two years on a daily basis. ;D

I know that GG is rather pointless but I find myself intrigued with all the scheming and deceit and back-stabbing and drama and I'm always waiting for the moment when it all blows up in someone's face..

Let's just call it a guilty pleasure which I am enjoying ... a lot.  :devil:
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Critter

« Reply #4063 on: November 02, 2010, 10:41:34 PM »
Haha fair enough, I've had quite a few guilty pleasure shows of my own over the years.

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #4064 on: November 03, 2010, 12:38:48 AM »

In the early nineties I watched The Guiding Light (in Germany it was called Springfield Story) for two years on a daily basis. ;D

I know that GG is rather pointless but I find myself intrigued with all the scheming and deceit and back-stabbing and drama and I'm always waiting for the moment when it all blows up in someone's face..

Let's just call it a guilty pleasure which I am enjoying ... a lot.  :devil:
Watched 2 or 3 episodes of the first season and found it to be an extremely stretched version of "Cruel Intentions", just without the acting capabilities ... :tomato: