Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 855162 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #4020 on: October 23, 2010, 09:04:24 PM »
What... no Next Karate Kid? :P

I got a boxset of the entire 4 movies not that long ago... was really fun watching them again. I ended up having a Karate Kid Marathon. :)
Pete

kahless

« Reply #4021 on: October 23, 2010, 10:00:53 PM »
What... no Next Karate Kid? :P
[...]

I have to admit that I never heard about "Next Karate Kid"  :-[

But I'm awaiting the 2010 Karate Kid release on Nov 25 here in Germany  :D

Rogmeister

« Reply #4022 on: October 23, 2010, 10:35:45 PM »

Batman: Dark Tomorrow (Xbox) is supposed to be definitely one of the worst Batman video games out there...and there have been some bad ones!  But I think I might try to get all the video games now for systems I own featuring the DC Comics heroes.  If I had gone for a GameCube version of this game, I would have to have paid $50 or so for a 3rd party copy...Amazon's own GC price for this is $85!  This Xbox version, though, only cost me a paltry $6.69...and that included shipping!  In fact, the shipping was more than the price of the actual game...and it got here in just 2 days.  So if I hate this game, hey, at least it was cheap!  This is the one item of the 3 I got today that I bought used, by the way.

Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu for the GameCube cost me $9.99...I note that since then the price for this game as gone up to $13.20...did I make the price go up by depleting their stock?  Well, the GC system is no more so maybe.  This is done in the style of the animated series.  Unlike the first game I mentioned, this one got good reviews from customers at Amazon...it got 4 stars (the same as the Batman Begins game) whereas the Dark Tomorrow game only got 2 or 3 stars.

Finally, there's an actual DVD set...Batman: The Brave and the Bold.  This is a cartoon series airing on The Cartoon Network here in the U.S.A.  In it, each episode has Batman teaming up with a different super-hero.  The title comes from a comic book that ran from the 50s to the 80s as I recall.  Beginning with #50 of that series, they started having different super-heroes teaming up with each other.  After awhile, Batman took over and every issue became Batman teaming up with someone.  I've enjoyed the few episodes of the series I've seen so I ordered this set...which is Season 1: Volume 1.  I don't know when they'll get around to releasing Volume 2...but it's not out yet.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4023 on: October 23, 2010, 10:38:01 PM »
I think most people don't like The Next Karate Kid (no Ralph Macchio)... not as good as the others but I enjoyed it still. HERE is my review for it.
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #4024 on: October 24, 2010, 06:15:17 PM »

:clap:
I enjoyed it. Though I must admit that I enjoyed the cut-down version I saw in the cinema better. It removes a subplot which is just horribly executed (compared to the rest of the movie). It must be the only circumstance where I would pay again to own a cut(!) version of a movie. Sadly it is not available anywhere on DVD.

I suppose I'll enjoy the movie this weekend. I'm a little bit sad that this movie is currently not released on blu ray. So my 1st Bollywood on blu must still wait a little bit.

Have you watched it yet? If not, could you do me a favor and watch out for a specific scene? There is a scene I remember from the shorter international theatrical cut, that I am missing on my UK DVD. Maybe it is included on the German DVD. There was a scene where Sam (the son of Kajol's character) is teasing her, that she seems to have fallen in love with Khan as she seems to be missing him very much during the few days he didn't show up anymore.

kahless

« Reply #4025 on: October 24, 2010, 09:23:49 PM »

:clap:
I enjoyed it. Though I must admit that I enjoyed the cut-down version I saw in the cinema better. It removes a subplot which is just horribly executed (compared to the rest of the movie). It must be the only circumstance where I would pay again to own a cut(!) version of a movie. Sadly it is not available anywhere on DVD.

I suppose I'll enjoy the movie this weekend. I'm a little bit sad that this movie is currently not released on blu ray. So my 1st Bollywood on blu must still wait a little bit.

Have you watched it yet? If not, could you do me a favor and watch out for a specific scene? There is a scene I remember from the shorter international theatrical cut, that I am missing on my UK DVD. Maybe it is included on the German DVD. There was a scene where Sam (the son of Kajol's character) is teasing her, that she seems to have fallen in love with Khan as she seems to be missing him very much during the few days he didn't show up anymore.

Yes, I've seen the movie this weekend together with my wife.
I asked my wife and myself....to be honest we can't remember such a scene. This does not mean necessarily that this scene doesn't exist. Maybe we both have missed that...
Can I help you in any way to verify this?
Apart from this I really enjoyed this movie very, very much!!  :clap:  :thumbup:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #4026 on: October 24, 2010, 10:29:13 PM »
Maybe we both have missed that...
Can I help you in any way to verify this?

I assume it is the same cut as on the UK DVD. It was after Khan went searching for some location in San Francisco that Mandira didn't know about and wasn't coming around for a few days. Sam had visited his mother in the saloon during the time and was teasing her about having fallen in love with Khan. She had a nice reaction to it, which I liked. And also it made all the more poignant when she greeted him when he does finally come around again. Though to be honest, I am not 100% sure if it really was Sam, or not just one of her colleagues.
Are there by any chance any deleted scenes on the German DVD release?

Apart from this I really enjoyed this movie very, very much!!  :clap:  :thumbup:

Glad you enjoyed it :)

kahless

« Reply #4027 on: October 25, 2010, 06:47:22 AM »
Are there by any chance any deleted scenes on the German DVD release?
The only specials are:

Sonderausstattung (disc menu):
Die Veränderung Bollywoods
Teamwork
Die Musik von "My Name is Khan"
Die Geschichte von "My Name is Khan"
Sajda Musikpromotion
Tere Naina Musikpromotion

So far I did not watch the specials but I suppose there a no deleted scenes!

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4028 on: October 25, 2010, 08:39:21 PM »
and today I received

Alien Anthology
This is the Illuminated Egg Limited Edition

Dave
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Najemikon

« Reply #4029 on: October 25, 2010, 09:43:46 PM »
Was it worth it, Dave? Is it, for want of a better description, a good egg?

:laugh:

snowcat

« Reply #4030 on: October 25, 2010, 10:59:25 PM »

:bash:

I do quite like the look of the new boxset though :P

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4031 on: October 26, 2010, 07:28:20 AM »

:hang:

I am waiting for mine too. I don't know about Dave, but since this will be the third time I by the quadrilogy I felt better doing so with some swag in tow than just getting the movies again. It was a bit of a pre-order gamble, but so far Digital Bits had only good words for it. 8)

Rogmeister

« Reply #4032 on: October 26, 2010, 07:58:27 AM »
Until this month, I hadn't bought many video games for awhile.  I got interested in them again...mainly super-hero titles...because I started getting interested in the old comics again.  I have something like 12-15 coming in...if they come in scattered, I could get one every day athis week (except for Sunday, of course, since we don't get mail delivery those days).  I got the following 2 on Monday...both are new still-sealed copies:

Superman Returns for the Xbox
Teen Titans for the GameCube

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4033 on: October 26, 2010, 12:35:41 PM »

In strict monetary terms is the egg worth an extra 50quid over the ordinary anthology - £99.99 vs. £49.99 at list prices - then probably not.

But it is so much cooler waaaaay cooler so in coolness terms then yes an emphatic yes. Although I like to buy collectables I'm not one to store for future so mine has been opened. I was worried at first as after connecting the batteries no light was to be seen  :(. I looked all over the egg and stand for a switch but nada nothing  :(. OK I thought maybe dud batteries have been supplied, not knowing how long Fox had them in storaage, so I inserted fresh new batteries. Still no light, Oh no I was thinking a duff egg :(. Checked all over for a switch again still no sight of one  :(. Swapped batteries around again and still nothing. Then I noticed a tiny switch :) and that was it  :thumbup: egg now glows  ;D. Doesn't look too bad overall.

:hang:

I am waiting for mine too. I don't know about Dave, but since this will be the third time I by the quadrilogy I felt better doing so with some swag in tow than just getting the movies again. It was a bit of a pre-order gamble, but so far Digital Bits had only good words for it. 8)

I'm going to start a thread about multiple dips over multiple formats, unless of course one already exists but I can't see one, but with this series in strict DVD terms this is my 4th copy of the Alien Tetralogy:-

1) R1 DVD Legacy Edition - but no offer of 5th disc was enclosed - DVDExpress removed it before despatch  :thumbdown: as it wasn't availabe outside US
2) R2 DVD Legacy Edition - at least this included the 5th disc
3) R2 DVD Quadriliogy Edition - wanted the SE's and DC
4) R0(UK) BD Anthology Edition - just to get it on Blu

Dave
Dave

My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4034 on: October 26, 2010, 02:45:09 PM »
This pair arrived today

Back to the Future Triology

Iron Man 2

Dave
Dave

My Library