Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 850752 times)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #3780 on: September 11, 2010, 01:47:36 PM »
This is what I bought in Hong Kong 2 days ago:

The Great Escape
Dexter: The Fourth Season
Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Complete Book 1 Collection
Diary of a Wimpy Kid
Flash Gordon

George A. Romero's Survival of the Dead
Se7en
The Sixth Sense

Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves

Spartacus

Ponyo
James and the Giant Peach
Rock 'n' Roll High School

Death Race 2000

Kaiji
Ip Man 2

lovemunkey187

« Reply #3781 on: September 11, 2010, 02:19:19 PM »
Bought these whilst I was in the USofA
Young Guns
Burn Notice: Season Three
King Kong
Kenny Rogers: The Legend of the Gambler

and this one today

Kick-Ass

Dave

Which region is this and from where did you order?

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3782 on: September 11, 2010, 07:49:55 PM »
My mail lady just showed up with 3 big boxes of DVDs for me... the ones that my friend sent me. So I must say... Thank You.... Thank You.... Thank You! (1 for each box!  :P ) to my good friend You (and probably everyone else here :P ) know who you are! :D
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #3783 on: September 11, 2010, 07:50:18 PM »
Daria: The Complete Animated Series

You Kill Me

Piranha

You Kill Me was only $1.97 at the one store in the mall..and I get an extra 10% off there, so this one was really cheap.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3784 on: September 11, 2010, 07:55:25 PM »
Who you trying to kid Marie... the word Cheap and Mall don't go together!  :P
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3785 on: September 11, 2010, 08:08:44 PM »

AC/DC: Live at Donington

It is sure a good buy :thumbup:
AC/DC are great live... Of course I haven't saw them but the double live album they had released in 1992 was awesome ,without mentionning the sensational version of For Those to Rock (We Salute You).

But I'm a fan since I've bought all their album from High Voltage to Ballbreaker ;D

edit : Just saw the highly questionable review of Maximum Overdrive on the front page and that made me think of the soundtrack that is of course the only good thing in this film...
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 10:05:25 PM by Jimmy »

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3786 on: September 11, 2010, 08:18:44 PM »

and this one today

Kick-Ass

Dave

Which region is this and from where did you order?

It is a standard UK R2 release. It is the Limited Edition Collector's Box-set list price of £99.99 but available from play and amazon UK at just under £58.00 or HMV at £69.99. It is a numbered limited edition, only 1300 according to my box, and it contains the graphic novel, art cards, a cityscape, a John Romita print, a written introduction by Mark Millar and the standard Blu-ray
Kick-Ass

I'm a sucker for special editions and have just ordered the Inception one.

Dave
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #3787 on: September 11, 2010, 08:55:35 PM »
Who you trying to kid Marie... the word Cheap and Mall don't go together!  :P

Oh I know..most of the time. But every so often I find some good deals in that store.

snowcat

« Reply #3788 on: September 11, 2010, 09:34:51 PM »
I'm a sucker for special editions and have just ordered the Inception one.

:drooling: I must own that

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #3789 on: September 11, 2010, 09:46:28 PM »
I want that.  I need that.  I must find that.

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3790 on: September 12, 2010, 02:11:15 AM »
This arrived today:

Possession

Mark Kermode keeps mentioning in his show with Simon Mayo, so I want to know what he's on about.

Your first Zulawski? Well, you are certainly in for a wild ride. I too discovered Zulawski very late and incidentally also started last year with Possession. Now I have almost everything that's available.

BTW, you should have gone for the German release by Bildstörung, which includes the AC from the old US release and a great new documentary.

Did you have a chance to watch it yet?
Matthias

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3791 on: September 12, 2010, 11:59:10 AM »
It is sure a good buy :thumbup:
AC/DC are great live... Of course I haven't saw them but the double live album they had released in 1992 was awesome ,without mentionning the sensational version of For Those to Rock (We Salute You).

But I'm a fan since I've bought all their album from High Voltage to Ballbreaker ;D
The double album from 1992 was recorded during the same tour, so the performance here should be similar. This concert is supposed to be one of the best concert films around. I have liked AC/DC since Highway to Hell / Back in Black. I had most of their albums up until Flick of the Switch and own several (6~8...?) CDs now.

[/quote]edit : Just saw the highly questionable review of Maximum Overdrive on the front page and that made me think of the soundtrack that is of course the only good thing in this film...[/quote]
That film is one of the most boring things ever committed to celluloid. The story is great, but the film is proof that writing and directing are very different things.

Your first Zulawski? Well, you are certainly in for a wild ride. I too discovered Zulawski very late and incidentally also started last year with Possession. Now I have almost everything that's available.

BTW, you should have gone for the German release by Bildstörung, which includes the AC from the old US release and a great new documentary.

Did you have a chance to watch it yet?
I must have missed your original comment... :headscratch: Anyway, I just watched it last night; and yes, it is my first Zulawski. This is the only version I could find :shrug:, I might have enjoyed the documentary though. It was even only available through Amazon's Marketplace on US and Germany sites.

The film sure is strange and messes with the head, just like Kermode promised. It is quite intriguing ("fesselnd") though and I just couldn't take my eyes off the screen. Adjani and Neill play the loving couple which is put to the test by the, hmmm, things that happen, very convincing and I enjoyed watching their performances. Of course, at the end I was struggling to put some f the pieces together, but that did not really diminish what I thought.

(click to show/hide)

I hadn't thought about that before, but maybe I should look into getting more movies of Zulawski now :hmmmm: Are the other comparable? Do they invloves some blood and guts along with the brain teasers? Anyone you'd recommend based on me liking Possession?

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #3792 on: September 12, 2010, 12:05:28 PM »
This is the only version I could find :shrug:, I might have enjoyed the documentary though. It was even only available through Amazon's Marketplace on US and Germany sites.
For the "Bildstörung" release check here on Amazon.de for 18,99 €

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3793 on: September 12, 2010, 02:16:13 PM »
For the "Bildstörung" release check here on Amazon.de for 18,99 €
Thanks for the link! While I am not sure if it actually showed up in my searches, it appears to be cut. At least Amazon and DVDP say my version is 127min, whereas the Bildstörung Version is marked as 119min at Amazon. Eaxtra features are nice to have, but priority is the completeness of the film whenever possible.

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #3794 on: September 12, 2010, 02:19:55 PM »
but priority is the completeness of the film whenever possible.
Couldn't agree more.