Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 855793 times)

Rogmeister

Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #3480 on: July 09, 2010, 04:23:14 AM »
I got half a dozen titles today...

Aeon Flux is a title that seemed to get panned by everybody but I decided to take a chance with it since a few here said they liked it.  And I do like Charlize Theron a lot.  I see Charlize is even included in an audio commentary in this set so that will be nice.  And Frances McDormand, another actress I like, is also in this.

Hancock is another movie I never really expected to get.  But when I heard Charlize Theron was also in this, I decided to take a chance...a Charlize Theron Blind Buy Double-Feature as it were!

The Brave One is the third one I got used and cheaply.  This is one of the few Jodie Foster films of the last 20 years I didn't have until now.  I was actually a bit tired of her doing nothing but thrillers so I decided enough was enough and skipped this one...then I heard it was really good so I finally broke down and bought a copy...

Yuma is a TV movie from around 1970...it stars Clint Walker so I wonder if this will seem like a color feature film version of Cheyenne, the series he's best known for?  Probably not but it was a thought.  This has a good cast...besides Walker, there's Barry Sullivan, Kathryn Hays, Edgar Buchanan and Peter Mark Richman.  Directed by Ted Post who had directed Hang 'Em High two years before this film.

Finally we have Darn Good Westerns, Volumes 1 and 2.  Each volume contains no less than 6 feature films.  You're not going to find the likes of Stagecoach, The Outlaw Josey Wales and High Noon here...but fast-moving enjoyable oaters...hopefully.  Volume One contains (among others) Hellgate, Panhandle and Wildfire: The Story of a Horse (classics all I imagine!) while Volume Two's offerings include Shotgun, Outlaw Women and Four Fast Guns.  Woo-hoo!

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3481 on: July 09, 2010, 12:08:50 PM »
I always was a bit curios about Aeon Flux myself.
Pete

kahless

« Reply #3482 on: July 09, 2010, 03:12:26 PM »
Today:

Original title: L'Ennemi public n°1 / Mesrine: Public Enemy No. 1

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3483 on: July 09, 2010, 06:58:45 PM »
Received this morning from Amazon.ca

Already the first time this summer that I feel like Pete, because I want to watch it now but I can't :(

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3484 on: July 09, 2010, 07:31:50 PM »
Yeah... I feel that way about Saw VI... would love to use that for my "S" movie... but guess I will have to settle for Short Circuit :P
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3485 on: July 09, 2010, 07:40:29 PM »
Not a bad compromise ;D
It's a fun little movie and Ally Sheedy, as usual, looks great in it. Even the second one with Cynthia Gibb isn't too bad, I can watch a really bad hockey film like Youngblood because of her...

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3486 on: July 09, 2010, 07:43:23 PM »
oh yeah... I will survive!  :P
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #3487 on: July 09, 2010, 08:07:50 PM »
Not a bad compromise ;D
It's a fun little movie and Ally Sheedy, as usual, looks great in it. Even the second one with Cynthia Gibb isn't too bad, I can watch a really bad hockey film like Youngblood because of her...

Not a bad compromise? The ratio of just how much better Short Circuit is than any Saw move is actually impossible to calculate...

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3488 on: July 09, 2010, 08:35:38 PM »
Yeah... to you maybe. But how about to me. A person that really liked all 5 previous Saw movies?
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #3489 on: July 09, 2010, 09:12:37 PM »
Of course, I absolutely respect your opinion... oh, hold. I did until you rated 9 to 5! :tease: :devil:

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3490 on: July 09, 2010, 09:16:15 PM »
Even the second one with Cynthia Gibb isn't too bad, I can watch a really bad hockey film like Youngblood because of her...

Or maybe you just want a little tea with Mrs. McGill?  :hmmmm: :laugh:

Rogmeister

« Reply #3491 on: July 09, 2010, 11:37:10 PM »
I will never see Saw...  :P

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3492 on: July 09, 2010, 11:44:42 PM »
Of course, I absolutely respect your opinion... oh, hold. I did until you rated 9 to 5! :tease: :devil:

:laugh: And here I thought I lost everyone's respect when I admitted I liked The Omen IV: The Awakening:tease:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3493 on: July 09, 2010, 11:45:23 PM »
I will never see Saw...  :P

Well you should see saw... it's fun!  :P
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile