Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 856178 times)

kahless

Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #3300 on: June 15, 2010, 06:49:25 PM »
There is one thing I hate about collecting Bollywood movies: There don't seem to be many contributing Profiler users who own them. For almost all Bollywood purchases I have to create the profile from scratch and make scans myself :(
I don't really mind the work, but I usually have to hold back one or two days to post here until the scans are accepted to the online database.

I have to admit, that I don't contribute so much to the db.  :-[

Many of my profiles are done from scratch and most of them (e.g. Bollywood, TV series) would violate the Invelos contribution rules. Therefore all my profiles are locked (against an automatic online update) and local!

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #3301 on: June 15, 2010, 07:01:36 PM »
Many of my profiles are done from scratch and most of them (e.g. Bollywood, TV series) would violate the Invelos contribution rules. Therefore all my profiles are locked (against an automatic online update) and local!
In my opinion a partial upload for new profiles would be a nice feature.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: June 15, 2010, 07:05:37 PM »
The joys of phpdvdprofiler! Though I still have to remember to regenerate thumbnails - sometimes they don't get created for some reason and thus don't upload.
Never encounter this problem... maybe I'm lucky :shrug:

RossRoy

« Reply #3303 on: June 15, 2010, 07:11:17 PM »
The joys of phpdvdprofiler! Though I still have to remember to regenerate thumbnails - sometimes they don't get created for some reason and thus don't upload.
Never encounter this problem... maybe I'm lucky :shrug:
Well, I found you have to browse to the title to have DVD Profiler show the profile and therefore generate the thumbnails. Since you do your own profiles, I'm guessing you end up browsing to the profile by default. In my case, I often batch add titles but don't necessarily browse them all before uploading to my phpdvdprofiler - hence why I need to use the generate thumbnails (or I could just browse to each new profile hahaha)

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: June 15, 2010, 09:26:23 PM »
Impulse buy at Tesco's from their 2 for £25.00 range

Edge of Darkness

Invictus

Dave
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Najemikon

« Reply #3305 on: June 15, 2010, 10:32:26 PM »
There is one thing I hate about collecting Bollywood movies: There don't seem to be many contributing Profiler users who own them. For almost all Bollywood purchases I have to create the profile from scratch and make scans myself :(
I don't really mind the work, but I usually have to hold back one or two days to post here until the scans are accepted to the online database.

I bet you still get "No" votes! :laugh:

RossRoy

« Reply #3306 on: June 16, 2010, 03:59:21 AM »
Got these today:

Futurama:
Bender's Game

Futurama:
Into The Wild Green Yonder

Alice in Wonderland

Lesbian Vampire Killers
Bitch Slap
I Can't Think Straight

Najemikon

« Reply #3307 on: June 16, 2010, 08:08:20 PM »
Why has Lesbian Vampire Killers got the wrong title? :P

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: June 16, 2010, 08:20:08 PM »
Because lesbian is a dirty word and Walmart wouldn't put in their stock a movie that perverted :shrug:

kahless

« Reply #3309 on: June 16, 2010, 08:20:12 PM »

Not from me!  :P

RossRoy

« Reply #3310 on: June 16, 2010, 08:27:04 PM »
Why has Lesbian Vampire Killers got the wrong title? :P

Actually, the scan is wrong. My cover has the word "Lesbian" on it - I just haven't scanned it yet (actually, I hadn't even noticed the word was missing on my scan yet!)

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #3311 on: June 16, 2010, 08:35:28 PM »

Actually, I hardly ever get "No" votes. I do not even remember when the last time was, that I got one. I never could understand what the fuss was about when others complain about "No" votes.
If I got one, I read it. If I agreed with it, I fixed my contribution. If I thought I am right, I left the contribution up and as far as I remember they were always approved. I never had the urge to drag something like this to the forums. And I never (as far as I remember) tried to convince the No-Voters to change their votes by sending PMs.

RossRoy

« Reply #3312 on: June 17, 2010, 02:35:40 AM »
Newest arrival

Clue: The Movie

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: June 17, 2010, 03:26:23 AM »
[...] I never could understand what the fuss was about when others complain about "No" votes.
If I got one, I read it. If I agreed with it, I fixed my contribution. If I thought I am right, I left the contribution up and as far as I remember they were always approved. I never had the urge to drag something like this to the forums.
:thumbsup: That's exactly how Ken intends this to work.

hal9g

« Reply #3314 on: June 17, 2010, 03:28:27 AM »
Sanctuary: The Complete Second Season