Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 856351 times)

kahless

Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #3240 on: June 08, 2010, 12:05:50 PM »

Tomb Raider: Uncut Edition

Dave

Very strange that there was a cut version in UK. The US and German versions were always uncut.

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3241 on: June 08, 2010, 12:15:06 PM »

Very strange that there was a cut version in UK. The US and German versions were always uncut.

That happens a lot here in the good old UK. The BBFC don't/didn't like head butts, flick knives, nun-chuks and many other things so they always had them removed from the DVD's, sometimes they were even removed from the films before release. Also sometimes the studios will ask what cuts are necessary to achieve their target rating for the film and then pre-cut the film before submitting to BBFC. However lately they are taking a less hard line and many films are being reissued with the earlier cuts reinstated which is what has happened here with Lara Croft- Tomb Raider

From Rewind The Lara Croft UK DVD :-

◦R2 CE United Kingdom - (Paramount) - : Yes, Passed as "12" by the BBFC after approximately 4 seconds of cuts:
-After Lara questions Powell’s words, he produces a flick knife. He flicks it open, and the sound of ringing metal echoes around the room. The sound of the knife opening was cut from all UK versions.
-Powell, reaching into his pocket, remarks to Lara that he has a “gut feeling” about the situation. Suddenly, he flicks the knife out in front of him, the sound of the blade echoing around the cave. The sound of the knife opening was removed from the soundtrack, including the very quiet sound of it opening on the commentary track.
-In the final fight, after he has brought Lara to the ground, Powell flexes his shoulder, picks up his knife, spins it, and goes in for an attack. The extreme close-up of the knife covered in blood amongst the stones is totally missing in all UK versions. Also, the birds-eye view of Powell spinning the knife in his hand was removed, as it made the weapon appear glamorous
-Lara headbutting Powell after putting her thumb in his shoulder wound is missing and is replaced with a punch.

More info can be found here, compiled by Gavin Salkeld: http://www.worldwidedvdforums.com/kb.php?mode=article&k=29

Dave

ETA: as a result the Blu has a 15 rating now instead of the previous 12.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 12:18:17 PM by dfmorgan »
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

kahless

« Reply #3242 on: June 08, 2010, 12:23:20 PM »
Thanks for this info!

I found some pics concerning the cuts (description in German):

http://www.schnittberichte.com/schnittbericht.php?ID=4625

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3243 on: June 08, 2010, 12:36:13 PM »
I found some pics concerning the cuts (description in German):

http://www.schnittberichte.com/schnittbericht.php?ID=4625

To get the same with descriptions in English, this usually works:
schnittbericht.php -> report.php

http://www.schnittberichte.com/report.php?ID=4625
Matthias

kahless

« Reply #3244 on: June 08, 2010, 12:54:07 PM »
Thanks! I didn't know that!

It works as well, if you change te url from "www.schnittberichte.com" to "www.movie-censorship.com" and then search for the movie  :)

Then we have: http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=4625
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 12:57:25 PM by kahless »

kahless

« Reply #3245 on: June 08, 2010, 06:14:57 PM »
Today in the post  :)

The Wolfman

snowcat

« Reply #3246 on: June 08, 2010, 07:07:30 PM »
So I went on a little shopping spree today

first .... this is a double dip

King Kong 3 Disc Extended Edition £2.50 (CEX)

Gone with the Wind 4 Disc collectors edition £5 (HMV)

Rushmore (ive seen this a few times) £2.00 (CEX)

(can't find a picture, sad really... its a very nice set.)
Frankenstein (Book and Movie edition) £1.99 (The Works)

Inside im Dancing (A brilliant film I couldn't believe I found so cheap!) 75p (CEX)

(Can't find a picture)
The Adventures of Flash Gordon / Plague Dogs (Ive been desperatley trying to find a copy of the uncut version of Plague Dogs for a while.... sadly, this is also cut :/) £1 (Pound Shop)

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #3247 on: June 09, 2010, 06:55:40 PM »
As I am currently still stuck in a Bollywood movie watching phase, I have purchased a few new movies starring Shah Rukh Khan:

Chak De! India (Amazon.de)
SRK stars as the trainer of a women's hockey team.
Bhoothnath (Amazon.de)
SRK is a supporting cast. This is a family movie about a ghost (Amitabh Bachchan from "Black") and a boy who befriends him.
Billu (Amazon.de)
It's about a down-to-earth guy, dealing with a famous star played by SRK.
Swades (Amazon.de)
A man who lived a long time abroad comes back to India and reconnects with his roots.

Also I received "Dil Se" from an Amazon Marketplace seller. Sadly it was an empty keep case without a disc in it. I have contacted the seller (which is one of those resellers), who promised me to send a replacement.

kahless

« Reply #3248 on: June 09, 2010, 07:40:02 PM »
As I am currently still stuck in a Bollywood movie watching phase, I have purchased a few new movies starring Shah Rukh Khan:

Chak De! India (Amazon.de)
SRK stars as the trainer of a women's hockey team.

Great movie and a little bit untypical for a bollywood! Not much music or romance. I like it anyway!  :)

kahless

« Reply #3249 on: June 09, 2010, 07:52:44 PM »
Today in the post:

NCIS - Enquêtes Spéciales - Saison6 - intégrale

It's a French release, containing German audiotrack and disc menu (at least confirmed for disc 1 and 2  ;))
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 07:55:15 PM by kahless »

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3250 on: June 09, 2010, 08:50:10 PM »
after being sent a week ago this arrived

Alice in Wonderland

it was still completely sealed so no-one had watched it, just delayed somewhere between the amazon dispatch centre and here

Dave
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3251 on: June 10, 2010, 01:42:58 AM »
   Les rendez-vous de Paris (FR 1995)
R2-DE Alive (2008)
   500 Days of Summer (2009)
R1-US Fox (Dec 22, 2009)
   Watchmen (2009)
R1-US Warner (Jul 21, 2009)
Matthias

Najemikon

« Reply #3252 on: June 10, 2010, 01:46:20 AM »
Watchmen? Interesting, Matthias. Wouldn't have thought that would be your thing, but so long as you don't blame me for the opposite, I hope you do like it!  :laugh:

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3253 on: June 10, 2010, 02:14:50 AM »
Watchmen? Interesting, Matthias. Wouldn't have thought that would be your thing, but so long as you don't blame me for the opposite, I hope you do like it!  :laugh:

Well, it isn't exactly my thing, but I'm still a bit curious about it. Plus, I realized that I hadn't bought a single current mainstream title this year.
Matthias

karmesinrot

« Reply #3254 on: June 10, 2010, 03:01:23 AM »

Inside im Dancing (A brilliant film I couldn't believe I found so cheap!) 75p (CEX)

Ooh my friend keeps telling me to check out this film but I haven't got round to it yet.