Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 855303 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #3030 on: May 06, 2010, 08:00:39 PM »
Look what showed up in my mail today... just in time for my weekend movie marathon!...

I am looking forward to watching some good classic cheese. Hopefully I will find at least 1 or 2!  :P
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: May 06, 2010, 08:15:37 PM »
Look what showed up in my mail today... just in time for my weekend movie marathon!...
But you won't be unable to do a weekend marathon... You have to do the 100 manual profiles for the set :P

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3032 on: May 07, 2010, 12:48:08 AM »
I already have a base profile for each one done. Just have to put all the fine touches to make it match the discs now. :P

Though I did screw something up... accidentally reassigned collection numbers to everything... including those set to none! And I can't restore a previous back up... because I forgot to back up after making the 100 manual profiles.  :suicide: So if I back up now... I loose all that work.  :weep:
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: May 07, 2010, 01:58:22 AM »
Don't worry the way that Terry told to you will do it. He was faster than me to help you on this.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3034 on: May 07, 2010, 02:37:44 AM »
 :thumbsup:
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: May 07, 2010, 02:22:39 PM »
Today arrived:

Being Human: Series 2
Hue & Cry*
Passport to Pimlico *
FAQ About Time Travel
The Children **
Hyperdrive: Series One & Two
Misfits - Series One

*recommended by Jon

** recommended by Rhona (karminesrot)

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #3036 on: May 07, 2010, 05:39:24 PM »
Today arrived:

FAQ About Time Travel

What a coincedence. I also bought this. It is currently waiting for me to pick it up at the Packstation. I wanted to get it now on my way home from work, but there was a big traffic jam on the street which leads to there. So I turned around and I will get it on a later date.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: May 07, 2010, 06:34:18 PM »
What a coincedence. I also bought this. It is currently waiting for me to pick it up at the Packstation. I wanted to get it now on my way home from work, but there was a big traffic jam on the street which leads to there. So I turned around and I will get it on a later date.
For me it was actually an impulse buy at Amazon; it popped up as a "you might also like"... :bag: I went right ahead and watched it today...

It was not laugh-out-loud funny all the way through, like IT-Crowd, but I still liked it. being a fan of Time Travel movies I am sure you'll get your kicks out of it.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: May 07, 2010, 06:38:36 PM »
For me it was actually an impulse buy at Amazon; it popped up as a "you might also like"... :bag: I went right ahead and watched it today...

It was not laugh-out-loud funny all the way through, like IT-Crowd, but I still liked it. being a fan of Time Travel movies I am sure you'll get your kicks out of it.

It also popped up for me at amazon. After I put "Cyborg She" (which I watched yesterday) in the basket. Also "Hyperdrive" did pop up, but I didn't order it. When you watch it, I would be interested if it is worth it.

Najemikon

« Reply #3039 on: May 07, 2010, 09:34:09 PM »
Hyperdrive...  :-X :-[

It's like Red Dwarf. Only... not. Pretty weak, but hopefully I'm seriously lowering your expectations so you'll enjoy it. And hey, I hardly gave it much of a chance. Nick Frost is always good value.

Never heard of FAQ, but impressed you went for the two Ealings. I hope you like them and I'm sure Antares will be waiting for your comments on Pimlico too. :D

snowcat

« Reply #3040 on: May 07, 2010, 11:51:34 PM »

Dukes of Hazzard Season 2 :D

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: May 08, 2010, 10:00:24 AM »
Frequently Asked Questions About Time Travel (Amazon.co.uk)
It's a time-travel movie. Of course I buy it  :laugh:
The Day After Tomorrow (Amazon.co.uk)
I haven't seen an Emmerich movie since The Patriot. Ten years!  :o
I have avoided this one till now. But I was in the mood for a mindless disaster movie with great special effects and this one can probably deliver.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3042 on: May 08, 2010, 10:22:05 AM »
It's like Red Dwarf. Only... not. Pretty weak, but hopefully I'm seriously lowering your expectations so you'll enjoy it. And hey, I hardly gave it much of a chance. Nick Frost is always good value.
I bought it mainly because of Nick Frost. ...and it wasn't all that expensive, two series plus bonus disc for 6.80 quid. :shrug: I am not expecting quality on the level of Spaced and your comment confirms that I should approach this carefully.

Never heard of FAQ, but impressed you went for the two Ealings. I hope you like them and I'm sure Antares will be waiting for your comments on Pimlico too. :D
FAQ is the one dude from IT-Crowd in it, which is what made me order it once it popped up in the recommendations. Also seen a trailer before, but those can be deceiving. Turned out to be quite alright :)

RossRoy

« Reply #3043 on: May 08, 2010, 01:47:13 PM »
Got this yesterday:
Ghost in the Shell 2.0

snowcat

« Reply #3044 on: May 08, 2010, 04:36:24 PM »
Ordered a couple of things today

Lost Season 1 Part 1 and Part 2 ...Usually I don't go for parts of seasons. but this was so cheap! just £2 a for each part!

Ive never watched this series but I always hear good things!

A series ive only seen parts of. So im buying it slowly.