Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 825347 times)

snowcat

Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #2565 on: January 23, 2010, 10:39:45 AM »

Oliver and Company

(Part of my research in to Disney.)

I have this one. I suppose you will be focusing on the opening scene for your saddest moment?

Im not actually using it in the marathon, I just love Billy Joel who voices Dodger and I found it for £5 so I jumped at the chance.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #2566 on: January 23, 2010, 12:01:54 PM »
Joey: Season Two (Amazon.ca)
I finally completing this series. It was half the usual price for a short time and I finally got it. Although Joey was a disappointing sequel to Friends, I started to enjoy it in season 2, but then they have cancelled it. Finally I will be able to watch the remaining unaired episodes. I can't believe that they still have not released this set in the US.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: January 23, 2010, 02:08:36 PM »
I need to get season 2 of Joey also! Unfortunately anytime I see a good deal for it I don't have the money to do it. One of these days I may finally get it though!
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: January 23, 2010, 02:10:42 PM »

Jimmy, I now have all the seasons and both movies..;)
But do you need to buy the last movie two times?  :tease:

Now you're ready to start a real X-Files marathon :thumbup:
But don't count on me for doing it right now... certainly not before 2011.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: January 23, 2010, 02:16:27 PM »
I have been considering an X-Files marathon for a long time now... but when I look at all those season sets I just can't get myself to start!

I may be odd man out when it comes to X-Files anyway... as I always liked the freak of the week episodes much more then the ongoing alien conspiracy storyline.
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #2570 on: January 23, 2010, 03:13:32 PM »
I have been considering an X-Files marathon for a long time now... but when I look at all those season sets I just can't get myself to start!

I may be odd man out when it comes to X-Files anyway... as I always liked the freak of the week episodes much more then the ongoing alien conspiracy storyline.

You're definitely not the odd man out, Pete. The popular idea is that the X-Files arc seriously ran out of steam before season 8 at least and because freak-of-the-week trailed off, it lost its audience. I still haven't managed to finish season 9 because it's like digging through treacle!

Jimmy is about to tell you how wrong I am! :tease: All power to him, but honestly, he's one of very few I know liked it to the end. Its cult following seemed to die off during 7.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: January 23, 2010, 03:33:45 PM »
 :thumbup:

I found I still enjoyed the later seasons of the series... but just not as much as I did the earlier ones. When I finally completed the series I was glad I added them to my collection but wasn't sure how much I would actually watch the later seasons.
Pete

lyonsden5

« Reply #2572 on: January 23, 2010, 04:19:16 PM »
Its cult following seemed to die off during 7.
That's about where lost interest.  :-\

RossRoy

« Reply #2573 on: January 23, 2010, 08:18:18 PM »
Received this from my cousin:

Moonlight: The Complete Series

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: January 23, 2010, 08:27:23 PM »
I like Moonlight... wish it would have lasted a little longer. Of course this is coming from someone that likes anything Vampire related. :P
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #2575 on: January 23, 2010, 08:38:27 PM »
I like Moonlight... wish it would have lasted a little longer. Of course this is coming from someone that likes anything Vampire related. :P

I tend to like Vampire movies and Series too, so I think I'll like it!

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: January 23, 2010, 09:45:06 PM »
Today in the mailbox...

I was starting to think it wouldn't show what with people in the UK getting theirs before I got mine...  but it showed today!

Kathy... I will try to get at updating the scans either this evening or tomorrow (if someone else hasn't already that is).
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: January 23, 2010, 10:07:23 PM »
Jimmy (...), he's one of very few I know liked it to the end.
I like it even more in its last 2 seasons ;D
Must of the viewers watched the serie only for Duchovny, but it's their lost not mine since Robert Patrick is a much better actor... I agree the first 2 episodes of the season eight wasn't great, but compare to the complete season 7 they were...

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: January 23, 2010, 10:13:00 PM »
Kathy... I will try to get at updating the scans either this evening or tomorrow (if someone else hasn't already that is).

I see this was already taken care of by ninehours so thank you Nick! :)
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: January 23, 2010, 10:23:47 PM »
Total contrary of a WhatYouGot post :whistle:

Today I was at my little niece birthday party (7 years old already, it seems that she was a little baby not too long ago) and her uncle received a big hug with a lot of kisses because of his gift... What was this gift? I gave her my four seasons boxset of Futurama since I don't really watch them anymore and she like the serie (of course she doesn't get all the joke).

That's her getting ready for another snowboard ride ;D