Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 844940 times)

richierich

Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #2370 on: December 20, 2009, 09:56:56 PM »

King of the Hill Season 1

We love King of the Hill, its about the only animated series I watch vigilantly.  :thumbup:
Just hope they release series 7 onwards at some point!!

snowcat

« Reply #2371 on: December 20, 2009, 10:23:25 PM »
I loved King of the Hill when it first came out, I think it was on Channel 4 at the time. I have to say I have not kept up with it at all, but im hoping to start getting it on DVD to catch up. :p hopefully if I buy them slowly they will release the other series.

Najemikon

« Reply #2372 on: December 20, 2009, 10:34:43 PM »
I loved King of the Hill when it first came out, I think it was on Channel 4 at the time. I have to say I have not kept up with it at all, but im hoping to start getting it on DVD to catch up. :p hopefully if I buy them slowly they will release the other series.

:hysterical:

I know what you meant, but you made it sound like they're waiting for you! "Sir, can we release the next boxset yet? I'm sure Emma won't mind..." ;)

snowcat

« Reply #2373 on: December 20, 2009, 10:39:29 PM »
LOL!

or the current answer would be "NO! Emma does not have enough money right now, back to work!"

Critter

« Reply #2374 on: December 21, 2009, 08:49:43 AM »
Volume 3 of Claymore. I wasn't going to buy it so soon but the last episodes left in such a cliffhanger that I coudn't help it.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: December 21, 2009, 01:03:22 PM »
Volume 3 of Claymore. I wasn't going to buy it so soon but the last episodes left in such a cliffhanger that I coudn't help it.
Funny, almost like the filmmakers planned it that way :hmmmm:

:laugh:

Critter

« Reply #2376 on: December 21, 2009, 01:16:06 PM »
Haha Achim they probably did. The annoying thing about this anime though... and most anime for that matter is how expensive it is. Unless you buy anime in expensive box sets the only other way is through volumes. And for some reason they don't put many episodes in each one. At the moment I am paying about $30 each time for a DVD, with a disc that only has 4 or 5 episodes on it which I am not happy about! I know they could put more episodes on (they arent even long episodes) but for some reason they just spread it out and make me spend more money! Oh... I think I just found the reason  :P

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: December 21, 2009, 01:19:44 PM »
Oh... I think I just found the reason  :P
:laugh:

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: December 21, 2009, 01:23:27 PM »
   Days of Heaven (1978)
R1-US Criterion (2007)

Prompted by Jon's recent review of Malick's The New World.
   Trucker (2008)
R1-US Monterey Video (Jan 5, 2010)

I'm really looking forward to finally see Michelle Monaghan in a leading role. Roger Ebert has put her in the Oscar race for this - I wonder how that will turn out.

I'm pretty sure that's it for this year. I don't do the Christmas thing, so I probably won't get any DVD presents.
Matthias

snowcat

« Reply #2379 on: December 21, 2009, 01:27:52 PM »

The Royle Family complete collection

The Alfred Hitchcock Collection

Spongebob Square Pants Season 1

A few things came in the post today :p of course these are Christmas presents from my parents and I can't have them yet!..... getting far to excited about Christmas!

Critter

« Reply #2380 on: December 21, 2009, 02:23:13 PM »
Spongebob Sqaurepants is on long list I have of cartoons I want to collect. Others such as Invader Zim and Avatar are also on it.

lovemunkey187

« Reply #2381 on: December 22, 2009, 01:13:32 PM »
I updated my mobile phone and changed the contract last Friday, the phone I chose came with a free PS3 plus a film.

Dark Knight blu-ray

Critter

« Reply #2382 on: December 22, 2009, 01:16:17 PM »
Your PHONE came with a PS3 and a blu-ray film!?!?!  :o

I had to buy a 50 inch flat screen plasma to even get a free wii.

Seriously what kind of phone is it, does it also act as a satellite reader so you can communicate with extra terrestrials? Becuase if it can that would explain the fantastic bonuses.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: December 22, 2009, 01:50:10 PM »

Seriously what kind of phone is it, does it also act as a satellite reader so you can communicate with extra terrestrials? Becuase if it can that would explain the fantastic bonuses.
:hysterical:

But yeah, seriously, what kind of phone comes with a $300 gift...? If the PS3 gave you a free phone I wouldn't ask, but the other way round sounds too good to be true.

Of course, congratulations to your new phone and PS3!!!

lovemunkey187

« Reply #2384 on: December 22, 2009, 01:51:24 PM »

:hysterical: :hysterical:

There was a game(Crotchet & Splunk or something) in there too ;D

It was a Nokia 5550 from Carphone Warehouse