Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 857900 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #630 on: August 01, 2008, 10:36:20 AM »
Cool... can't wait to check it out... If I am not mistaken it is released on the 19th... so not too bad. My brother said he is already seeing commercials for season 2 to start... hope I get this in time to watch it before season 2 starts.
Pete

lovemunkey187

« Reply #631 on: August 01, 2008, 02:35:19 PM »
Cool... can't wait to check it out... If I am not mistaken it is released on the 19th... so not too bad. My brother said he is already seeing commercials for season 2 to start... hope I get this in time to watch it before season 2 starts.

There's a Season 2 coming?

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

So pleased about that, I feared that this was another one of the shows that got cancelled during the Writers Strike debarcle.
The season finale is a doozy  :tv:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: August 01, 2008, 03:14:20 PM »
LOL... apparently... I didn't see the commercials myself mind you... but don't see why my brother would lie about it.  :P
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #633 on: August 02, 2008, 09:00:08 PM »

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: August 04, 2008, 10:56:42 PM »

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: August 05, 2008, 11:59:43 AM »
Stardust ($12.88 at DVD Pacific)

One of my favorite movies of the last year.

I agree. Surprisingly great and largely ignored. I think, I did mention it in the "Underrated Movies" thread. Much, much better than the big Narnia and Golden Compass drivel.
Matthias

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: August 05, 2008, 08:42:47 PM »

The Adventures of Aquaman: The Complete Collection
When fiendish foes and marine menaces threaten the peaceful undersea world of the lost city of Atlantis, Aquaman, King of the Seven Seas, dives to the rescue! Aided by teen hero Aqualad and their aquatic frieds Tusky the walrus and sea horses Storm and Imp, these brave water warriors battle astonishing creatures like Volcanic Monster, Ice Dragon and Devil Fish. Using his superior strength, cunning wit and telepathic communications abilities, Aquaman faces evil villains like Black Manta and Vassa, Queen of the Mermen to fight for justice on the ocean floor. Plunge into this two-disc collector's edition featuring all 36 action-packed cartoons from the fatastic TV series in original airdate order!

This one arrived today. And surprised me when it did. I got it right quick considering I used free shipping. And just moments before I went outside to check the mail... I checked the tracking number on this one... and according to it... it was supposedly still in Illinois (a Long way from me!). I guess they didn't bother scanning it between stops.
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #637 on: August 06, 2008, 10:02:07 AM »
All from Amazon.com (item price in US$, final price (including shipping, customs fee, ...) in €, final price in US$)

Since I've sold my Silver
Edition of SG-1 I haven't had
the movie either.
(6.99$, 6.22€, 9.64$)
(31.99$, 28.28€, 44.14$)(31.99$, 28.28€, 44.14$)
(24.99$, 22.25€, 34.49$)(22.99$, 20.46€, 31.70$)(22.99$, 20.46€, 31.70$)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 10:19:49 AM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: August 06, 2008, 12:39:31 PM »
I felt like getting some movies for a change as I been concentrating on TV Shows for a while. So just placed an order for a few...

976-Evil
Director Robert "Freddy Krueger" Englund dials up a contemporary gothic tale of high tech horror in 976-EVIL.

High school underdog Hoax Wilmoth (Stephen Geoffreys, 'Fright Night'), fills up the idle hours in his seedy little hometown fending off the local leather-jacketed thugs, avoiding his overbearing, religious fanatic mother (Academy Award® winner Sandy Dennis) and dreaming of a date with trailer park temptress Suzie (Lezlie Deane). But his quietly desperate life takes a terrifying turn when his cousin Spike introduces him to an unusual new hobby - phoning in for his "horrorscope." Instead of the slightly kinky astrological predictions he's expecting, Hoax is hooked up with a compellingly hideous demonic force that slowly begins to overtake his entire life. Now there's more than just a phone bill to pay for anyone and everyone who ever dared cross the neighborhood nerd.

I believe I seen this one many years ago on VHS when it was first released... but I really don't remember much of anything about. it. But I read the overview... watched the trailer... and decided to take a chance. Looks like it could be good... but I have been fooled before!

The Changling
Here is an award-winning feature that boldly mixes a frightful ghost story with a great suspense plot and keeps you guessing all the way.

George C. Scott and Trish Van Devere star in a thriller that challenges the viewer to solve its mystery. It's a haunted-house adventure complete with seances, nocturnal grave-diggings, ghostly spirits, and an ancient puzzle jealously guarded by a devious man (Academy Award™ winner Melvyn Douglas). Scott is splendid as the man who becomes an unwilling instrument of a ghost's revenge and learns to trust no one. Eerily entwining a detective story with the mystery of the supernatural, 'The Changeling' delivers solid entertainment and a frightening good time.

This one is a complete blind buy. I didn't even read the overview to be honest with you. A couple of my friends on horror lists/forums I am on has been suggesting this movie to me for a long time now so decided just to go for it.

Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle
Sexy Angels (Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore and Lucy Liu) are going head-to-head with Angel-Gone-Bad (Demi Moore)!

I have the first one... figured I may as well get the second. It really is just as simple as that.

Dead Birds
When a group of criminals on the run after a bank robbery during the Civil War take refuge in an abandoned house they have no idea what evil they have come upon. Isolated and presumed deserted, the house is anything but safe...

As the night wears on and a thunderstorm grows outside, each member of the group begins to have visions of the atrocities that occurred within the house, haunting it forever. Voices in the well, visions of mangled bodies and clawing under the stairs plague their waking hours. As the fear in the group begins to grow and the supernatural forces in the house start to manifest themselves, the group turn on each other and exact the wrath of the souls trapped within the walls.

Read the overview... watched the trailer. Looked like it could be good... so thought why not?
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: August 06, 2008, 08:29:03 PM »
Got one of my amazon packages today... containing...

- The Messenger: The Story of Joan of Arc
- Land of the Lost: Season 1
- Are You Afraid of the Dark?: Freaky Favorites
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: August 07, 2008, 08:31:48 PM »
The Simpsons Movie (€6.99 at Saturn)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: August 12, 2008, 08:26:03 PM »
I felt like getting some movies for a change as I been concentrating on TV Shows for a while. So just placed an order for a few...

976-Evil

The Changling

Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle

Dead Birds

I got the above 4 in the mail today... The Changeling is actually in a snapper case! First one of those I have seen in a long time!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: August 13, 2008, 01:46:30 AM »
What to do... what to do. I used this month's DVD budget... and just then there is a sale that I wanted to take advantage of. So I decided to temporarily cancel NCIS: Season 5 (comes out the end of the month)... and used that money to order...

Monk: Season 5
It's time to tidy up for another season with Primetime Emmy® Award and Golden Globe® winner Tony Shalhoub in all 16 Season Five episodes of 'Monk', television's most fresh and funny series. Gumshoe Adrian Monk would never actually have gum on his well-polished shoes: in addition to intelelect and instinct, he also has Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Though his eccentric traits bewilder his colleagues Natalie Teeger (Traylor Howard), Captain Stottlemeyer (Ted Levine) and Lieutenant Disher (Jason Gray-Stanford), Monk's attention to detail keeps crime–and grime–off the streets. Included in this highly collectible 4-disc set are both the black & white and color versions of the noir-style episode "Mr. Monk and the Leper," obsessively good bonus features and the pilot episode of the hit comedy-drama 'Psych.' Follow the clues to Season Five of 'Monk', the quirky and original show 'TV Guide' hails as "alternatively hilarious and touching."

I been wanting to pic this set up for quite a while now. I always liked this show. And I am happy to see one of the extras on this set is the pilot episode of "Psych"... a TV Series I been curios about checking out.

And then from the 3 for $15 sale...

Breed
With a hot cast and a sexy look, 'THE BREED' puts a stylish twist on the classic vampire tale. Starring ADRIAN PAUL (TV's "The Highlander") BOKEEM WOODBINE ('It's the Rage', 'The Big Hit') and BAI LING ('Anna and the King', 'Wild Wild West'), 'THE BREED' is a scary thriller packed with action and erotic intrigue!

FBI Agent Steven Grant (Woodbine) is reluctantly assigned to track a renegade bloodsucker that is bent on exposing a government plan to integrate vampires into society. Along with his new partner "good" vampire cop Aaron Grey (Paul), Grant follows the clues and the bodies to the lair of the stunningly beautiful Lucy (Ling). Trusting any vampire is difficult for Grant, but when he finds himself falling for Lucy and her exotic charms, the line between the good guys and the bad guys begins to blur, and his next move could be his last.

One I never heard of... but I love vampire movies... so hopefully I won't be too disappointed.

Pulse (1988)
In today's world of modern conveniences, everything we rely on is run by electricity. But what happens if the power we take for granted turns against us? Old man Holger (Charles Tyner) knows. He claims electricity is a living presence, whose voice can only be silenced by getting rid of anything that can hear it. Bill Rockland (Cliff De Young), however, refuses to believe him. It must have been an accident when an electric spark ruptured the gas pipe that nearly killed Bill's son (Joey Lawrence). And it's surely a coincidence when Bill's wife (Roxanne Hart) is severely scalded by their electric water heater. But when his own power tools attack him and an electrical fire turns their home into a blazing inferno, Bill realizes Holger may have been right after all, and perhaps the time has come to finally pull the plug.

Blind buy... but sounded interesting. No this is not the newer movie with Kristen Bell (Veronica Mars). This one was made back in 1988. I usually enjoy horror movies from the '80s so hopefully this one won't be an exception.

The Tingler
Vincent Price stars as an obsessed doctor who discovers that fear manifests itself as a parasitic creature, which grows on the spinal cords of terrified people. If they scream, the Tingler can be destroyed. If they don't, it will sever the spinal column and kill them. He successfully isolates and removes the Tingler from a deaf mute (Judith Evelyn) who has been scared to death by her devious husband. Once captured, the Tingler escapes and runs amok in a crowded movie theater. Terror is loose, but can it be stopped?

The Tingler is legendary horror director William Castle's magnum opus. After the success of House On Haunted Hill, Castle devised a new gimmick called "Percepto" for The Tingler. Participating theaters would wire seats so that random moviegoers would get a tangible electric shock during climactic moments in the film. Another novelty used to maximum effect is the short color sequence depicting blood pouring from a faucet and filling a bathtub. Castle went on to direct more cult classics like Homicidal and 13 Ghosts and later produced the mainstream hit Rosemary's Baby.

And yet another blind buy... but I have learned I really like both Vincent Price and Director William Castle... so I have some pretty high hopes on this one.
Pete

lovemunkey187

« Reply #643 on: August 13, 2008, 12:13:38 PM »

Breed
With a hot cast and a sexy look, 'THE BREED' puts a stylish twist on the classic vampire tale. Starring ADRIAN PAUL (TV's "The Highlander") BOKEEM WOODBINE ('It's the Rage', 'The Big Hit') and BAI LING ('Anna and the King', 'Wild Wild West'), 'THE BREED' is a scary thriller packed with action and erotic intrigue!

FBI Agent Steven Grant (Woodbine) is reluctantly assigned to track a renegade bloodsucker that is bent on exposing a government plan to integrate vampires into society. Along with his new partner "good" vampire cop Aaron Grey (Paul), Grant follows the clues and the bodies to the lair of the stunningly beautiful Lucy (Ling). Trusting any vampire is difficult for Grant, but when he finds himself falling for Lucy and her exotic charms, the line between the good guys and the bad guys begins to blur, and his next move could be his last.

One I never heard of... but I love vampire movies... so hopefully I won't be too disappointed.

I watched this a while ago and went inot it with quite high hopes, I liked Adrian Paul in the Highlander series, I'd just watched Woodibine in The Big Hit and Ling makes me feel funny, but in a goo way  :devil:.

I was a little disappointed by it to be honest, don't get me wrong it's pretty good but could've been better.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: August 13, 2008, 12:32:56 PM »
LOL... Thanks... I will be sure not to expect too much from it going into it.
Pete