Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 855984 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #5130 on: May 13, 2011, 09:45:27 PM »
I did see that.  Looks really good.  The quality of the one I have probably sucks.  I think I got it for only $1 at Walmart a few years ago. 

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5131 on: May 13, 2011, 09:58:47 PM »
This one isn't 1$, but 10$ for a remastered BR/DVD combo is quite a deal.

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #5132 on: May 13, 2011, 10:46:50 PM »

Spoiler for nudity:
(click to show/hide)

Rogmeister

« Reply #5133 on: May 14, 2011, 01:16:46 AM »
I got 2 packages today which contained 5 movies...4 of them were Blu-ray releases, one was a DVD. Here's what I got...

The Horse Soldiers is a western starring John Wayne and William Holden and was directed by John Ford. The case does not list any extras. Boo!

Five Corners stars Jodie Foster, Tim Robbins and John Turturro and was directed by Tony Hill. I don't see any extras listed on its case, either.

Country Strong is a movie Pete will NEVER SEE  as it is about a country singer played by Gwyneth Paltrow. This does have some extras including deleted scenes and a couple country music videos. I can't read the name of the director in the small print...it's a female director I'm not familiar with.

How Do You Know is a romantic comedy starring Reese Witherspoon, Owen Wilson, Paul Rudd and Jack Nicholson. James L. Brooks directed it. Extras include deleted scenes, a blooper reel, commentary with filmmakers (they don't specify which filmmakers on the case), and a conversation with the director and the film composer (Hans Zimmer).

Tom Horn is the one movie I got on DVD (for under $7) and is the next-to-last movie that Steve McQueen made and is directed by William Wiard. Ernest Gold composed the score. The only extra is the movie trailer. Other cast members include Linda Evans, Richard Farnsworth and Slim Pickens.

RossRoy

« Reply #5134 on: May 14, 2011, 04:47:56 AM »
As you may (or may not) have seen by my previous post, I received
The Terror
A cult classic from the master of the B-movie himself, director Roger Corman, available for the first time in thrilling High Definition Blu-Ray!

In one of his first-ever roles, a young Jack Nicholson stars as Lt. Andre Duvalier, a soldier in Napoleon s army in 19th century France, separated from his regiment. He awakens on a beach to the sight of a strange woman who leads him to the gothic, towering castle that serves as home to eerie Baron Von Leppe (Boris Karloff). But, as Duvalier soon discovers, nothing is what it seems in this ghastly, haunted mansion of death!

This underground favorite was made in classic Roger Corman fashion, making the most of his resources to bring yet another film to life on a minimal budget for his producers at American International Pictures. AIP was a small, independent studio that specialized in low-budget teensploitation films, and Corman was one of their main men. Here, he squeezed extra mileage out of not only previously-used sets, but also actors and crew from two of his other recently-completed films (The Raven, The Haunted Palace). Short on time himself (there were more movies to be made!), Corman left it to a few of the aspiring directors within his crew (among them, Jack Hill, a young Francis Coppola, and even Jack Nicholson taking a turn behind the camera for a few scenes) to help see the film to completion.

The Terror would go on to become a drive-in favorite and late-night TV staple, also appearing under the titles The Terror, Lady Of The Shadows and The Castle of Terror.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5135 on: May 14, 2011, 05:53:24 AM »
Do you want the complete profile Sebastien? I did it as I usually do for those set : Blue-Ray (parent) and dvd (child)

RossRoy

« Reply #5136 on: May 14, 2011, 06:38:17 AM »
As usual, I won't say no .. though I did already steal the covers and overview from your database ;)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5137 on: May 14, 2011, 07:08:12 AM »
Those ones look better than what I usually do, probably because of the color used... even the overview is easy to read on the cover :laugh:

The scan aren't included since you have them already. Don't forget I use the UPC and the disc id so they will erase the one you have already when you will restore it.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #5138 on: May 14, 2011, 04:13:06 PM »

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5139 on: May 14, 2011, 05:21:50 PM »
These arrived today

Black Swan

The Next Three Days

Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5140 on: May 14, 2011, 07:42:41 PM »
Arrived today...

Scrubs: Season 6
Pete

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5141 on: May 16, 2011, 11:54:52 AM »
This arrived today

Gulliver's Travels

Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #5142 on: May 16, 2011, 05:40:25 PM »
I finally got tired of waiting for the German release and ordered

Dirty Harry Collection

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5143 on: May 16, 2011, 08:41:16 PM »
Today I got a couple of early birthday presents from a good friend....

Problem Child Tantrum Pack
Problem Child
Ben Healy (John Ritter) adopts Junior (Michael Oliver), a kid who's so bad that even the nuns want to kick him out of the orphanage, in this hilarious, heart-warming family comedy.

When Ben and his infertile wife, Flo (Amy Yasbeck), want a child right away, Mr. Peabody (Gilbert Gottfried) cons them into taking little Junior, but they have no idea what they're getting into! Before you can say "bad seed," Junior is setting his room on fire, tormenting the cat, and jeopardizing the mayoral campaign of Ben's father, sporting goods king Big Ben (Jack Warden). But both Junior and his new father will learn what it really means to be a family in this comedy smash hit; Ritter, Oliver, Yasbeck, and Warden all returned the following year in the sequel, Problem Child 2.

Problem Child 2.
He's bad. She's worse.
Junior's back in his first adventure since his last! Junior and Ben move to Mortville which seems like the perfect town to live in. The Healys have a nice new house--and Junior get's a cool new room! And young women have formed a line at Ben's door in order to get a piece of him (romantically). Ben does feel he should get remarried so Junior can have a mom, so while Junior adjusts to his new school which includes a little girl who's as bratty as Junior and a teenage brain-dead ignoramous bully in Junior's sixth grade class, Ben finds some dates, which Junior sends running for the hills, in the meantime Junior pulls his infamous tricks on people: blowing up barbecues, taping the bully to the chalkboard, videotaping his babysitter and her boyfriend having sex and broadcasting it for the whole neighborhood to see, same old same old. Meanwhile, Ben meets the gorgeous school nurse (after the school's satellite dish get's pushed on his head) and they, well he, believes it's love at first site, until he meets LaWanda Dumore, a greedy business women who wants to marry Ben and send Junior to boarding school--in Baghdad! So Junior and his new friend, Trixie, must get rid of LaWanda (any way possible!) to bring their parents together!
Hey Vern It's Ernest: The Complete Series
With the overwhelming success of Ernest Goes to Camp in 1987, Ernest-mania was in full force. The lovable southern bumpkin, a familiar face in numerous television commericals in the 80s, had finally reached the big screen and now it was time for a stint on television in Hey Vern, It's Ernest!

Jim Varney who created the Ernest P. Worrell character starred in this imaginative Saturday morning kid's program composed of a series of live-action comedy sketches. Each show follows a particular weekly theme such as outer space, hobbies, scary things or magic. Hey Vern, It's Ernest! has been compared to other live-action kids comedy series such as You Can't Do That On Television and Pee-Wee's Playhouse!
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5144 on: May 16, 2011, 09:37:16 PM »
A chance it isn't a birthday gift I got.... Those Problem Child's film are so annoying and I can't stand the Ernest movie so a serie with him would be the death of me :laugh: