Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 857463 times)

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #4560 on: February 05, 2011, 05:24:53 PM »
Postie dropped this off at 07:45

I hope you mean P.M.
If they would deliver a parcel at 7:45 A.M. at my place DHL would need a new employee.

Nope 07:45 this A.M. As Jon said above usually early postal deliveries here. If it is our regular postman then generally he will deliver between 08:45 and 09:15 Monday to Friday and an hour earlier on Saturday. However if our man is off or covering another round so we then get a relief postman then who knows what time it will be - has been 17:30 before now :( . Jon's other comment about the van delivering larger parcels and packages is again true and that tends to be around luchtime here.
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #4561 on: February 05, 2011, 05:41:12 PM »
It's about the same time the postman comes by here. Only the bigger packages usually come a little later with a van.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4562 on: February 05, 2011, 06:34:15 PM »
Here (at least where I live) the mailman pass usually in the morning (unless the weather is bad) and we are lucky enough to get it at our house (many places now had their mail delivery in locked mailboxes for everyone on the street). But if we aren't there to get a package (depending of who deliver it) or if the mailman is lazy we have to wait the next day to pick the packages at the post office wich is a 30 minutes walk and I hate to do it in the winter...

kahless

« Reply #4563 on: February 05, 2011, 08:40:35 PM »
You are all so lucky!  ;)

I have always problems with the postmen from DHL. They are mostly too lazy to deliver at all. Although I've been at home (or somebody from my family) they send a note from their basis, saying that I was not there and that I have to pick up my deliveries myself!  :(
When I'm lucky, I get my packages in the late afternoon! I think that service quality for private persons does not have any priority for DHL!  ::)

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4564 on: February 05, 2011, 09:44:25 PM »
Do you have a Packstation nearby? I always use it, as I am at work during the day.

kahless

« Reply #4565 on: February 05, 2011, 10:02:43 PM »
Do you have a Packstation nearby? I always use it, as I am at work during the day.

Regretfully no! The next Packstation is close to the postoffice where I have to pick up my deliveries (about 10 minutes by car).  :shrug:

W0m6at

« Reply #4566 on: February 05, 2011, 11:51:14 PM »
Postie dropped this off at 07:45

Bambi/Bambi 2

Cool. Get cracking on the profile.  :tease:
I put it in my order with Alice in Wonderland AND I have to wait for it to ship from the other side of the world, so I've got some waiting to do.

Updated and submitted. Child profiles also done and they have been approved.
Great stuff mate. I'm even more keen to get hold of it now. Afaik, I've never seen it.  :headscratch:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4567 on: February 06, 2011, 12:15:09 AM »

Regretfully no! The next Packstation is close to the postoffice where I have to pick up my deliveries (about 10 minutes by car).  :shrug:

Mine is also about 10 minutes away by car, but it is not much of a detour on my way home from work. But it has its advantages to the post office:
1) It goes directly there instead of the next day after a failed delivery
2) I can go there any time. Post office is usually already closed when I get out of work.

Fasteddie33

« Reply #4568 on: February 06, 2011, 03:07:47 AM »
In the mail tody...

Battle Royale
Beauty and the beat

Najemikon

« Reply #4569 on: February 06, 2011, 12:03:07 PM »
Beauty and the beat? Is that the disco version? :tease:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4570 on: February 06, 2011, 12:47:14 PM »
No it's the first album recorded by the best all girls band of the eighties who is The Go-Go's of course ;D

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #4571 on: February 06, 2011, 05:39:40 PM »
These arrived today:

Falling Down

The Boondock Saints

Nochnoy Dozor and Dnevnoy Dozor Boxset

The Expendables: Limited Special Edition

The Simpsons: Season Two

The Simpsons: Season Three

The Simpsons: Season Four

Buffalo LS-CH1.0TL Media Server (1 TByte NAS)

And several vouchers
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 10:40:52 PM by Silence_of_Lambs »

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #4572 on: February 06, 2011, 08:21:09 PM »
The mail comes in the afternoon here.
The stuff I get from Amazon usually comes by UPS.  Some days that gets here really early and other days not till afternoon or even early evening.  They aren't that consistent.

I had to stop to get a few things on the way home from work yesterday and I ended up getting The Losers on Blu-ray for $15.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #4573 on: February 06, 2011, 10:35:11 PM »
I purchased Interview with the Vampire on Blu-ray yesterday online for only $12 and free shipping.

Rogmeister

« Reply #4574 on: February 07, 2011, 05:24:53 AM »
I forgot if I mentioned it in this thread but when I stopped by my home to put out more food for my cats on the day I got out of the hospital, I found a package waiting for me.  It had 4 titles in it...The Simpsons: Seasons 11-13 (which I got from Amazon for $13.99 per set) and the Blu-ray movie of Watchmen.