Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 857923 times)

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #4335 on: January 05, 2011, 02:16:14 PM »
These arrived today

Death Race 2

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

Jonah Hex

Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Fasteddie33

« Reply #4336 on: January 05, 2011, 05:44:26 PM »
Just got in the mail...

Stir of Echos 2
The Last Winter
Uncle Buck

Just found a new Director,that I really like..His name is Larry Fessenden..If your into horror flicks,you should definately check him out!!...Also be sure to check out "Glass Eye Pix"....

Rogmeister

« Reply #4337 on: January 05, 2011, 05:52:33 PM »
Jonah Hex???  Now that's one review I'm looking forward to reading...  :whistle:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4338 on: January 05, 2011, 07:19:55 PM »
Got it the day I was ready to send an email to Amazon UK reporting it as a lost package.

My copy is the #2135 of the 5000 copy pressed.

I's sure annoying that all the credits are in japanese since I can't do my own profile (copy the cast from my Tartan Edition and the crew from imdb)...

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4339 on: January 05, 2011, 07:40:10 PM »
Jonah Hex???  Now that's one review I'm looking forward to reading...  :whistle:

Darn, pity I didn't see this earlier as I watched Scott Pilgrim vs. The World this afternoon. I will now watch Jonah Hex sometime over the weekend.
Dave

My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Rogmeister

« Reply #4340 on: January 05, 2011, 10:29:19 PM »
Yesterday I had a grand total of 6 Blu-ray titles.  As of this afternoon, that total has been more than doubled...

The Black Pirate, a silent swashbuckler from 1926...but in COLOR!

The Dark Knight...the movie that, by law, every member of this board must own and eventually review!  See...you can't get rid of me now!

Despicable Me is my first animated feature on Blu-ray which seems odd...considering I never cared much for its star, Steve Carell!

The Complete Metropolis, the new version of Fritz Lang's Sci-Fi masterpiece with 25  minutes of restored footage.

Rio Bravo, a John Wayne western?  Who could've seen this coming...except everybody?  :tease:

Silverado is probably my favorite western of the 1980s...not that they were making all that many that decade.

Superman is the movie I saw more times in a theater than any other movie in my lifetime and remains one of my favorite super-hero movies to this day.  It also features one of my favorite movie scores as well.

These mark my first titles I have received in 2011.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #4341 on: January 06, 2011, 07:09:56 AM »
The Dark Knight...the movie that, by law, every member of this board must own and eventually review!  See...you can't get rid of me now!

Why?

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #4342 on: January 06, 2011, 07:18:01 AM »
Picked these up today at Kmart.

Weeds - The Complete Second Season ($20)

The Wire - The Complete Second Season ($20)

DVD4Me

« Reply #4343 on: January 06, 2011, 08:40:20 AM »
Todays purchases (used dvds):

When Eight Bells Toll

Diagnosis Death

Jericho

Cruising

A Bittersweet Life

Total spent: 10 pounds.

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #4344 on: January 06, 2011, 10:31:10 AM »
The Dark Knight...the movie that, by law, every member of this board must own and eventually review!
:headscratch: ... and I was told there were no rules here ... obviously these persons were wrong ...  :shrug: :headscratch:
 :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4345 on: January 06, 2011, 06:46:25 PM »
I had to go shopping today... so while out I stopped at the local Big Lots... where you can get movies for $3 each and season sets for $6 each. So I decided to get one of each... I came out of there with...

Bosom Buddies: The First Season
It's the show that launched one of the most successful film careers ever! In Bosom Buddies, best friends Kip (Tom Hanks) and Henry (Peter Scolari of TV's Newhart) work at an advertising agency with their friend Amy (Wendie Jo Sperber of Back To The Future). After their apartment is condemned, they stay at Amy's place, a hotel for women, and discover how cheap the rent is. So they disguise themselves as "Buffy" and "Hildegarde" in order to live there, and life at the hotel is never a drag! Co-starring Donna Dixon (Doctor Detroit), Telma Hopkins (TV's Gimme A Break!), and Holland Taylor (TV's Two And A Half Men), this set includes all 19 episodes from the show's premiere season, on DVD for the first time!

01. Pilot
02. My Brother, My Sister, Myself
03. Loathe Thy Neighbor
04. Macho Man
05. What Price Glory?
06. Kip and Sonny's Date
07. Beauty and the Beasts
08. Revenge
09. Amy's Career
10. Gotta Dance
11. Sonny Boy
12. How Great Thou Art
13. Kip Quits
14. Only the Lonely
15. The Rewrite
16. The Show Must Go On
17. The Hospital
18. Best Friends
19. Cahoots
The Ruins
When a group of tight-knit college friends visit the site of an undisturbed Mayan ruin, they stumble into an ancient trap. An unspoken evil waiting to drag its victims into an endless nightmare. As fear and paranoia eat away at their sanity, their only chance at escape is to commit the unthinkable. Experience The Ruins, Unrated with shocking new scenes too intense for theaters, and a disturbing climax you will never forget.

... only $9. :)
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #4346 on: January 06, 2011, 07:17:21 PM »

Why?

It's just my weird sense of humor, I guess.  I said that because I think The Dark Knight has been reviewed more than just about any other movie here.  If you look it up, you'll find we've had about 8 reviews of it so far.  I think Iron Man may be the closest at one or two reviews behind it...  ::)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4347 on: January 06, 2011, 07:29:03 PM »
There was just a knock at my door... our mail lady standing there with 3 packages for me...

Package #1:

Package #2:

Package #3

Now the question is where to start... probably Grey's Anatomy: Season 6... love that show!
Pete

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4348 on: January 07, 2011, 12:30:04 PM »
Latest arrivals

Twilight
Was exchanged yesterday for
The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

Ludwig Minkus: La Bayadère

Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge

These two arrived today
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 02:33:01 PM by dfmorgan »
Dave

My Library

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #4349 on: January 07, 2011, 12:34:26 PM »
Latest arrivals

Twilight
Was exchanged yesterday for
The Twilight Saga: Eclipse
These two arrived today

I'm so sorry.  :(