Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 826058 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #4185 on: December 03, 2010, 11:28:11 AM »
While online doing a little Christmas shopping for Britt first thing early this morning... I picked up a few cheap DVDs for myself.

First...

Grey's Anatomy: Season 5
Next season I needed for one of my favorite series. It is on sale right now really cheap at only $16... so I just couldn't resist.

And then I ordered a couple titles for my Christmas Marathon...
Though not the ones I was hoping to get... these should add some additional fun to my Christmas Marathon...

Christmas Treats
Christmas episodes from 9 Classic sitcoms...
The Beverly Hillbillies
The Lucy Show
Petticoat Junction
Happy Days
Laverne & Shirley
Mork & Mindy
The Odd Couple
Cheers
Love, American Style

Holiday Family Collection
This is one of those cheap boxsets from Mill Creek Entertainment. It contains 12 Holiday Movies, 12 Holiday TV Episodes and 27 Christmas Cartoons. Really know little to nothing about these... but thought it would make for some decent filler into my current marathon.

Some Random titles from this set:
Movies:
- Beyond Tomorrow (AKA: Beyond Christmas [1940])
- The Great Rupert (AKA: A Christmas Wish [1950])
- Miracle on 34th Street (1955 TV production)

TV Episodes:
- The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - 5 episodes
- Annie Oakley - 1 episode
- The Beverly Hillbillies - 4 episodes
- Dragnet - 3 episodes

Christmas Cartoons:
- Christmas Comes But Once A Year
- The First Christmas
- Howdy Doody's Christmas
- The Night Before Christmas
- Silent Night: Story of the Christmas Carol
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #4186 on: December 03, 2010, 11:39:03 AM »
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Fasteddie33

« Reply #4187 on: December 03, 2010, 08:34:16 PM »
Just ordered some more!!

Incredible Hulk-Complete TV Series Box Set
Blue Collar TV-Seasons 1 and 2
Antbully
Pump up the Volume
Poltergiest

W0m6at

« Reply #4188 on: December 04, 2010, 12:20:26 AM »

kahless

« Reply #4189 on: December 04, 2010, 10:16:35 AM »

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #4190 on: December 04, 2010, 02:55:50 PM »
These arrived yesterday and today (from various sources)

One last Dance (this was from the best of all possible wives)

Inception

Knight & Day

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4191 on: December 04, 2010, 03:17:01 PM »
These arrived yesterday and today (from various sources)

One last Dance (this was from the best of all possible wives)

I just bought their book The Time of My Life. I'll be looking forward to your review on their movie.

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4192 on: December 04, 2010, 03:40:23 PM »
Imagine Me & You / My Summer of Love

It wasn't completely awful, but I just disliked the main girl a lot. I liked Emily Blunt, and her character but I just found the main unable to carry the film. I almost couldn't finish it, but I managed to get through as I am a huge Blunt fan.

I guess I was right then, because Nathalie Press as Mona (the main girl ;)) was a revelation. One of these days I have to post a proper review for this movie...

On a side note, the double-pack "Imagine Me & You / My Summer of Love" with the misleading label "Romantic Comedy Double" is certainly an odd combination. I wonder if there is anyone who likes both movies and not only one or the other.

Still wondering. What's your verdict, Dave?
Matthias

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4193 on: December 04, 2010, 07:31:01 PM »

Sorry, not got round to watching them yet. I'll try to spin up a couple maybe tonight and tomorrow. I'll make sure I'll watch one of them though.
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #4194 on: December 04, 2010, 11:33:49 PM »

Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4195 on: December 05, 2010, 12:36:08 PM »

Sorry, not got round to watching them yet. I'll try to spin up a couple maybe tonight and tomorrow. I'll make sure I'll watch one of them though.

OK now watched. See my thoughts here for MSoL and here for IM&Y.
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4196 on: December 06, 2010, 01:29:31 AM »
I wasn't planning on getting myself anything more this month.... what with Christmas and all... but then I saw this show on sale for only $6.88...

Cobra: The Complete Series
Robert "Scandal" Jackson, Jr., is an ex-Navy SEAL who went A.W.O.L. after refusing to blow up an enemy command center housing civilians. He disappeared to the wilderness of Alaska, changing his name and appearance, and became a teacher in a small Inuit community. But a part of his past caught up to him and he was shot in the face, his comatose body left for dead. He awoke in the hospital three weeks later and found himself with a new face and a new chance at life, thanks to a woman named Danielle LaPoint.

Danielle offered him a job with "Cobra," an undercover anti-crime agency that provides justice for victims who haven't benefited from the system. Scandal is reluctant to leave his Alaskan life behind, but then her boss, Dallas Cassel, makes him an offer he can't refuse: the chance to catch the man who murdered his father five years earlier. From behind the wheel of his classic AC Cobra, Scandal dispenses justice in the fictional Bay City.

This 22 episode series starred Michael Dudikoff (the American Ninja series), Allison Hossack, and James Tolkan (the Back to the Future trilogy), and was created by legendary television producer Stephen J. Cannell, along with Steven Long Mitchell and Craig W. Van Sickle (both of whom later went on to create/executive produce The Pretender for NBC),

I saw a single episode of this series in the Prime Time Crime box set that I have... when I watched it I said...

My Thoughts:
This is one of the bonus episodes in the Prime Time Crime box set I recently got. I have never seen a single episode of this series before. But it is one I have heard of... and have always been curios about.The whole back storyline... guy gets shot in face... made to be dead and fights crime in a fancy car sounds a lot like Knight Rider Of course int his one the car isn't a supercar... just a nice fancy car for him to drive around in. So I guess that is enough of a difference. :P

I enjoyed what I watched... and can see myself getting the complete series set. Especially since it is also released from Mill Creek Entertainment.... costing around $15 for all 22 episodes.

And yet... even at that low $15 I never bothered to go back and pick this set up... but now on sale for only $6.88 there was just now way I could let it go by!
Pete

Fasteddie33

« Reply #4197 on: December 06, 2010, 05:42:34 AM »
Sweet...where did you get it??...I have to get that!!!

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4198 on: December 06, 2010, 09:42:43 AM »
I got it at Deep Discount. I don't normally shop there any longer as they just not what they used to be... been screwing up since they expanded from just DVDs. But on deals such as this I will make the exception every now and then.
Pete

Fasteddie33

« Reply #4199 on: December 07, 2010, 01:31:16 AM »
Thanks I just orderd it!!.... :thumbup:

I also just picked up...

Scream- Trilogy box set
Indiana Jones- box set