Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 826028 times)

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #4065 on: November 03, 2010, 12:13:49 PM »
These arrived today

Space: 1999: The Complete First Series

Baz Luhrmann's Epic Romances
Contains Romeo + Juliet, Moulin Rouge and Australia
Ludwig Minkus: La Bayadère

Sergei Prokofiev: Romeo & Juliet

:hmmmm: strange that two different versions of Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet should arrive on the same day.

Dave
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4066 on: November 03, 2010, 01:28:32 PM »
:hmmmm: strange that two different versions of Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet should arrive on the same day.

You do already have the Zeffirelli version? Otherwise you're missing out big time.
Matthias

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4067 on: November 03, 2010, 03:52:10 PM »

You do already have the Zeffirelli version? Otherwise you're missing out big time.

Nope sorry I don't. I remember going to see it in the cinema with a girlfriend and was quite bored by it all. My girlfriend and I split up shortly afterwards, nothing to do with the film choice though, and I have never bothered to revisit the film just sticking with my memories of it, jaded as they may be. I do realise now though that my tastes have altered and it is 40+years since I saw it so I'll have to look it out and give it a chance. So therefore an order has been placed on amazon UK as it is only £2.99 there.

Dave
Dave

My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

lovemunkey187

« Reply #4068 on: November 03, 2010, 05:24:37 PM »
Martyrs
Looks interesting

I was quite disappointed and sold it on.

Najemikon

« Reply #4069 on: November 03, 2010, 06:01:28 PM »

Nope sorry I don't. I remember going to see it in the cinema with a girlfriend and was quite bored by it all. My girlfriend and I split up shortly afterwards, nothing to do with the film choice though, and I have never bothered to revisit the film just sticking with my memories of it, jaded as they may be. I do realise now though that my tastes have altered and it is 40+years since I saw it so I'll have to look it out and give it a chance. So therefore an order has been placed on amazon UK as it is only £2.99 there.

Dave

Matthias did a great comparison of them here: http://www.dvdcollectorsonline.com/index.php/topic,904.msg74091.html#msg74091

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4070 on: November 03, 2010, 06:16:19 PM »
With Brittany's birthday tomorrow... I couldn't spend much at all on DVDs this month. But I did break down and order 2 DVDs...

Tremors: The Complete Series
Life in Perfection, Nevada, isn’t so perfect since the small town developed a very big problem with man-eating, morphing monsters. Luckily, the residents are up to the challenge in every earthshaking, action-packed episode of Tremors included in this 3-disc set. Inspired by the movies that have become beloved cult classics, this fun, thrilling TV series reveals more of the down ’n’ dirty battles as the locals attempt to coexist with the Graboids, Shriekers and Ass Blasters now on the "protected species" list, including a particularly large Graboid nicknamed "El Blanco." Add to the craziness a combination of secret labs, the gene-blending "Mixmaster" and the occasional fanatical tourist, and there’s never a dull moment in Perfection.
Growing Up Brady
The true story behind "The Brady Bunch"!

Remember them? The Dad, Mom, and six kids that were 'The Brady Bunch', whose clean-cut but chaotic lives and hilarious domestic mayhem made them the most popular TV sitcom family of the 1970s?

This fabulous new biopic, based on the memoirs of actor Barry Williams (Greg Brady), reveals the behind-the-scenes truth about what really happened: the legendary off-screen battles between Robert Reed (Mike Brady) and the show's real daddy, series creator Sherwood Schwartz; Barry's date with his screen Mom; his relationship with 'sister' Maureen McCormick (Marcia Brady) and the ultimate question - did they or didn't they? You'll laugh and cry along with them all as the meteoric rise to international TV stardom brings happiness and heartbreak in a moving story of what the rocky road to fame is really like.

I remember catching an episode or two of Tremors: The Series on Sci-Fi channel years ago when it aired... looked like it could be pretty good... so when the complete series set went on sale for only $12.99 I couldn't resist ordering it.

I ordered Growing Up Brady (a TV movie on the behind the scenes antics) for one main reason. A very young Kaley Cuoco (Big Bang Theory) is in it playing Maureen McCormick/Marcia. And I have become a fan of hers since seeing her on the final season of Charmed... and now watching her on The Big Bang Theory And this thing sounds so ridiculous I just have to see it once anyway! :P
Pete

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4071 on: November 04, 2010, 12:16:36 AM »
Dave

My Library

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4072 on: November 04, 2010, 01:50:26 PM »
Over the past few days this order from Axel Music trickled in:

King Kong
Galaxy of Terror

Star Crash

Onibaba

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4073 on: November 04, 2010, 02:19:04 PM »
Today this arrived

Beauty and the Beast

although pre-ordered months ago it has arrived without a slip cover which is a tad disappointing as I do like to keep them on the discs

Dave
Dave

My Library

kahless

« Reply #4074 on: November 04, 2010, 03:21:36 PM »

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4075 on: November 04, 2010, 04:04:00 PM »
I received today:

Alien Anthology

I hope she don't mind me saying: Kathy helped me buy this. :bow: (you might or might not know that this Limited Edition, 5000 only!, was only available for shipping to US residents). But, when re-packing the thing for shipping from the US to me she even added a few DVDs :o Once again, thank you very much Kathy!

Das Boot
Zodiac
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Batman Returns
Natural Born Killers
Nosferatu / Phantom of the Opera

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4076 on: November 04, 2010, 06:55:17 PM »
I'm so glad your special egg got there in one piece! :laugh:

I'll bet you are the only person in Taiwan with this special edition.  :thumbup:

Rogmeister

« Reply #4077 on: November 04, 2010, 07:31:27 PM »
It hasn't arrived yet but it could be here today...or later this week.  I got an e-mail from Amazon saying a 2-title package had shipped.  This will include the latest release of The Facts of Life and the original movie version of The Thing From Another World featuring James Arness as the monster.  That was that weird one which had the memo in it that it usually ships in 1-2 months.  I'm not sure why that item took so long.

Added Note: As it turns out, those two releases did arrive today.  The set of "The Facts of Life" is the 5th season.  There are no extras in this set.  The only extra on "The Thing From Another World" is the theatrical trailer.   :tv:
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 12:21:55 AM by Rogmeister »

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #4078 on: November 04, 2010, 08:40:32 PM »
Two big packages arrived on Tuesday.
The first from Amazon.de

Loving Annabelle (Amazon.de)
Sophie said it's good.
Mädchen in Uniform (Amazon.de)
A German movie from the 50s which they say inspired Loving Annabelle. When I saw that Romy Schneider stars in it, I had no hesitation to put it into my shopping basket (and it was only €5.55)
Goldfish Memory (Amazon.de)
Another one from my wishlist.
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air: Season Five (Amazon.de)
Continuing another series.

And then a really big package full of South Korean movies from YesAsia:
100 Days With Mr. Arrogant (YesAsia)

A Man Who Was Superman (YesAsia)

My Mighty Princess (YesAsia)

Volcano High (YesAsia)

Too Beautiful To Lie (YesAsia)

Almost Love (YesAsia)

My Girlfriend Is An Agent (YesAsia)

A Millionaire's First Love (YesAsia)

Love Phobia (YesAsia)

My Tutor Friend (YesAsia)

And today I received:

Mädchen in Uniform (Amazon.de)
The 1931 original of the above remake.
Léon: Director's Cut (Amazon.de)
I have to admit that I have never fully watched this one.
Parker Lewis Can't Lose: Season Two (Amazon.de)
Continuing another series.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4079 on: November 05, 2010, 05:18:04 AM »
I'm so glad your special egg got there in one piece! :laugh:

Are you kidding...? You packed it so well! :thumbsup: I actually had trouble getting it out :laugh:, that's how expertly wrapped it was.

I'll bet you are the only person in Taiwan with this special edition.  :thumbup:
Make me feel special ;D