Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 853457 times)

RossRoy

Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #3735 on: September 02, 2010, 03:47:01 AM »
Arrived this past Thursday

Ultraman: The Complete Series

I used to watch Ultraman when I was a little kid... but for some reason I just don't think that one would hold up for me.

Hmmm just saw this post..

Anyways, I bought it thinking it was anime  :bag:

Guess I should do my research a bit better! But at 10$ for the set? So what if it's bad ;)

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3736 on: September 02, 2010, 11:12:50 AM »
Today these two arrived

Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete

Dave
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3737 on: September 02, 2010, 04:58:02 PM »
I went to take Brittany to the dentist today... and on the way home we stopped at Food Lion... the local supermarket in our area. In there they were having a decent sized sale on used DVDs. What caught my eyes...

2 sets of 8 DVDs each... ALL HORROR! and it was only $6.99 per set!!!

I already had 3 out of the 16 movies... but the ones I didn't already have are....

B.T.K.
Inspired by true events,
this shocking new triller is a grisley journey into the
the nightmarish world of the B.T.K. Killer.
Walled In
In 1993, sixteen bodies were found entombed within the Malestrazza Building, a mysterious apartment complex built by one of the world's most renowned, yet eccentric, architects. The killer was never caught. Fifteen years later, newly graduated structural engineer Sam Walczak (Mischa Barton of THE O.C.) arrives to prepare the site for demolition. But this massive concrete crypt is not entirely empty. Its halls are lined with secrets. Its rooms are filled with fear. And behind its walls, the ultimate horror has lay waiting...until now. Cameron Bright (X-MEN: THE LAST STAND), Deborah Kara Unger (SILENT HILL) and Noam Jenkins (SAW IV) co-star in this saga of terror, torment and shocking twists based on the best-selling novel.
Webs
When a group of electrical workers investigates a bizarre power source in an abandoned Chicago building, they inadvertently discover a deserted laboratory. Inside appears to be a defunct nuclear power core, but its accidental activation suddenly opens a portal to a parallel universe. Suddenly they are trapped in a maddening mirrorworld where savage, cannibalistic beings with spider appendages stalk and swarm. Desperate and terrified, the dwindling band of survivors must fight back with primitive weapons against the growing storm of spider-people and their monstrous queen!
Dark Floors
Sarah is a diseased little girl whose father is worried about her health. Concerned for her after a near-fatal accident with a hospital scanning device, the father decides to immediately remove his daughter from the institution. With his daughter and her freaky monster drawings in hand, he makes way for the nearest elevator, but it breaks down, trapping them with others. Yet the incident is only the beginning of a descent into a nightmare. As the elevator doors open, the hospital appears mysteriously deserted. When mutilated bodies are found, creatures from a dark world start a frightening attack. It soon becomes clear that the survival of the group may rest solely on the little girl.
The Devil's Curse
In this psychological/horror thriller, five longtime friends are forced to confront their darkest secrets and test their faith when break into their former Catholic school residence hall in London. They thought it was abandoned and that they were alone...On the contrary, they find themselves trapped, and although the circumstances are not exactly clear, they're definitely NOT alone.
Scourge
An ancient evil has reawakened and is rapidly infecting the unassuming town of Harborford, Washington. Every six hours it feeds on a new victim before it has to find a new host. Everyone can see what it does, but no one knows what it is. To stop it, they'll have to find it...but with nowhere left to run and no place left to turn, the destruction of the Scourge is in the hands of the notorious town bad boy.
Slaughter
Looking to escape an abusive relationship, Faith moves in with Lola at her family's farm. Every night the girls go out, the young , sexy Lola brings home an older man. When Faith realizes Lola's one-night stands are disappearing, she fears Lola's creepy family is killing more than just animals in the slaughterhouse.
From Within
A rash of suicides has devastated the small community of Grovetown, with fear and panic spreading among the local residents. As those around 18-year-old Lindsay continue to die grisly deaths, she begins to distrust everyone...and suspects she may be the next victim.
Bled
From one of the executive producers of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre  comes the story of a young artist living in a downtown warehouse who delves into an elusive fantasy world of the unknown.  An enigmatic and handsome man seduces her to try an ancient substance that, unbeknowst to her, will make her the prey of a vampire from a dark dimension.  He will take advantage of her newfound addiction and use it to cross over from his world to hers.  Ivan L. Moody from the band Five Finger Death Punch stars!
Bone Eater
A construction worker (GIL GERARD, "Buck Rogers in the 25th Century") breaks ground on what is said to be Indian holy ground. The crew soon uncovers an ancient artifact and removes it from the earth, unleashing an evil spirit known as the Bone Eater. With every victim, the Bone Eater grows more powerful. Sheriff Evans (BRUCE BOXLEITNER, "Babylon 5"), his daughter, and the town doctor (WILLIAM KATT, "The Greatest American Hero") seek the help of a wise Indian girl to uncover the secret before it's too late!
The Planet
10 Mercenaries. 1 Unknown Force. A Group of mercenaries, forced to evacuate their dying spacecraft, find themselves stranded on a desolate, barren world.  They soon discover they are not alone.  As these soldiers battle to survive, they begin to fall prey to a malevolent force - a force that turns the souls of their fallen comrades against them.
Dark Reel
Adam Waltz (Edward Furlong) is in a blood drenched horror film produced by Connor Pritchett (Lance Henriksen). Detective Shields (Tony Todd) tries to unravel the mystery of real murders before the ghost of Scarlett May can strike again.
Timber Falls
A young couple, hiking in the mountains, suddenly face a terrifying tale of survival. While skinny dipping in a nearby lake, Sheryl ('Brianna Brown') is kidnapped by a psychopathic monster who forces her to participate in a satanic ritual along with her fiancé. Can they escape from this haunting monster? It's an incredible twisted story reminiscent of Stephen King's finest films.

I never seen any of these before... But PLEASE let October hurry up and get here!!!  :stars:
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3738 on: September 02, 2010, 06:23:42 PM »
Received this morning from Amazon Canada.

kahless

« Reply #3739 on: September 02, 2010, 08:11:02 PM »
Arrived today:

Gesetz der Straße - Brooklyn's Finest

From Paris with Love

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3740 on: September 02, 2010, 08:52:16 PM »
Got my last mentioned DVD Care Package today!  :thumbup:
Pete

EdwinK

« Reply #3741 on: September 03, 2010, 12:37:12 PM »
Tom & Jerry: De Collectie Deel 1

Tom & Jerry: De Collectie Deel 2

Tom & Jerry: De Collectie Deel 3

Tom & Jerry: De Collectie Deel 4

Tom & Jerry: De Collectie Deel 5

Tom & Jerry: De Collectie Deel 7

Tom & Jerry: De Collectie Deel 8

Tom & Jerry: De Collectie Deel 9

Tom & Jerry: De Collectie Deel 10

Tom & Jerry: De Collectie Deel 11

Tom & Jerry: De Collectie Deel 12

Just €10 for the complete set, thanks to that person cleaning out his collection). A good observer might have noticed that there is no Deel 6 (Part 6). It's there, I just forgot to add it to DVDProfiler
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 02:43:36 PM by Edwin »

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3742 on: September 03, 2010, 01:14:53 PM »
I probably shouldn't have... but just ordered a few more for my October Horror-thon!

Trick 'r Treat
A creepy, darkly comic celebration of the scariest night of the year from producer BRYAN SINGER (director of X-Men  and Superman Returns) and writer-director MICHAEL DOUGHERTY (co-scripter of X2  and Superman Returns ). Trick 'R Treat  takes the Creepshow/Tales from the Crypt  approach to nefarious new depths with four interwoven tales set on Halloween night: a high school principal (DYLAN BAKER) moonlights as a vicious serial killer; the quest of a young virgin (ANNA PAQUIN) for that special someone takes a gruesome turn; a group of teens carries out a cruel prank with disastrous consequences; and a cantankerous old man (BRIAN COX) battles a mischievous trick-or-treating demon.
Flight of the Living Dead: Outbreak on a Plane
Unholy terror is unleashed in the skies when a deadly, genetically engineered virus is released onboard a transatlantic flight to Paris in this heart-stopping thrill-ride of terror!

When a scientist on the run from the CIA manages to smuggle a contaminated body onto a commercial overseas flight, the plane becomes an incubator for a quickly growing army of the undead. With a zombie invasion spreading through the cabin, only a handful of passengers remains to fight off their fellow travelers and land the plane before it's too late.
The Final Destination
The movie series that taps into your deepest fears returns with a new and imaginative chapter that delivers the expected — in so many keep-you-guessing, unexpected ways! A strange premonition causes friends to abandon their day at the speedway, just before a crushing pileup hurtles cars into the bleachers with fiery consequences. They have cheated Death. But Death is only getting started. From the director of Snakes on a Plane comes the eerie, innovative tale of the friends' fierce fight to keep themselves and others alive.
Rest Stop: The Collection
Unrated/Uncut terror ahead - don't miss the off-ramp!  En route to Hollywood, runaway lovers Jess and Nicole make an unscheduled pit stop into the lair of a madman who has his ripping, slashing, drilling tools at the ready.  Stop awhile, but don't expect rest as director John Shiban (writer/executive producer of Supernatural) keeps the shocks and twists coming in Rest Stop: Dead Ahead (Side A).  There's no rest for the wicked as more unsuspecting young travelers exit into the killer's domain in Rest Stop: Don't Look Back (Side B).  The roadtrippers are not alone.  The roaming RV of living corpses is back, and the vengeance-seeking ghosts of Jesse and Nicole show up too!
Pete

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3743 on: September 03, 2010, 01:54:40 PM »
Postie put this through my letterbox this morning

Furry Vengeance

Dave
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3744 on: September 03, 2010, 06:32:58 PM »
Seriously Pete... Another Final Destination with a 3D gimmick :laugh:
As if the third one wasn't bad enough with the choose your faith thingy :shrug:
I agree the first one was OK and the second one so-so, but the third was a complete waste of time without a good script, poor acting and not so special CGI special-effects. This franchise is sure a dead one... I sure heard nothing about that one and I'm a member on many genre film forum :shrug:

Maybe you miss horror watching too much for spending your hard earned money on something like that :tease:
But I heard some good things about Trick'r Treat :whistle:

Even more sad : A canadian classic like Cannibal Girls will be release in october and you don't pre-order it, but you buy Final Destination in 3D :(

Of course it's none of my bussiness 8)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3745 on: September 03, 2010, 07:08:21 PM »
I had some family and friends tell me they liked The Final Destination... and thought I would like it. Considering I at least enjoyed all the other 3 I figured it would be a safe bet.

But you may be right that I may be missing horror too much... as I have been grabbing everything I can get my hands on for October.

Main reason I went with Trick r Treat is because it has Anna Paquin in it. Really like her on True Blood.
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3746 on: September 03, 2010, 08:57:10 PM »

Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #3747 on: September 04, 2010, 06:33:46 AM »
I've read a lot of positive reviews for Trick r Treat.  I've considered picking it up myself.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #3748 on: September 04, 2010, 12:58:06 PM »
Die Toten Hosen: Machmalauter - Live in Berlin! (Amazon.de)
I got this concert Blu-ray on sale.

kahless

« Reply #3749 on: September 04, 2010, 04:18:29 PM »
Die Toten Hosen: Machmalauter - Live in Berlin! (Amazon.de)
I got this concert Blu-ray on sale.

Interesting, I own CD's from "Die Toten Hosen" but was not aware that they are on blu ray!  :)