Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 856348 times)

lovemunkey187

Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #3210 on: June 05, 2010, 01:10:55 PM »
Verblendung (Män som hatar kvinnor)

Verdammnis (Flickan som lekte med elden)
What're these?

kahless

« Reply #3211 on: June 05, 2010, 03:20:25 PM »
Verblendung (Män som hatar kvinnor)

Verdammnis (Flickan som lekte med elden)
What're these?

- "Verblendung" aka "Millennium: Part 1 - Men Who Hate Women"
- "Verdammnis" aka "The Girl Who Played with Fire"

Najemikon

« Reply #3212 on: June 05, 2010, 04:07:10 PM »
Men who hate women? The title as I've known it is The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo ???

kahless

« Reply #3213 on: June 05, 2010, 04:11:48 PM »
Men who hate women? The title as I've known it is The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo ???

Yes, you're right. According to Imdb the titles are:

"Millennium: Part 1 - Men Who Hate Women" - International (English title) (series title)
"The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" - International (English title)

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #3214 on: June 05, 2010, 04:35:13 PM »

lyonsden5

« Reply #3215 on: June 05, 2010, 06:00:26 PM »
Is it just incredibly pathetic that I have bought 5 DVDs this YEAR?!?  :bag: :o (GWTW, Robocop, Fargo, T1 and T3 - all Blu)

In addition to that I received 7 on my birthday (Jaunary) and another 4 as gifts since then. I also won one set ( :yahoo: ) for a whopping total of 17 this year. It wasn't that long ago that was a typical month or a good week for me.  :-[

No wonder I'm having a hard time getting into DVDP these days. It's hardly "collecting" when you don't add anything to the collection!  :(

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3216 on: June 05, 2010, 06:06:46 PM »
No wonder I'm having a hard time getting into DVDP these days. It's hardly "collecting" when you don't add anything to the collection!  :(

I wouldn't say that. At some point every collection reaches a level where you say "Now I have (nearly) everything I want.".

I just have to look at my recent purchases. Most of them were moot purchases of cheap (double meaning) B movies. But I can't remember when I bought the last item because I really, really wanted it and to add something of importance to my collection.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

kahless

« Reply #3217 on: June 05, 2010, 06:24:37 PM »
[...] At some point every collection reaches a level where you say "Now I have (nearly) everything I want.".

[...]

I dare to disagree!  ;) There are so many movies and series I'd like to add to my collection. I'm afraid, I will never reach that level where I can say "Now I have (nearly) everything I want."  :'(

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3218 on: June 05, 2010, 06:30:40 PM »
I have to agree with Kahless on that... Like I told my brother... As long as they are making movies and TV Shows I will always be there wanting to collect.  I been this way since I was a teen with a VCR. And I can't see that changing in the future.
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #3219 on: June 05, 2010, 07:03:38 PM »
I haven't bought much more than 5 this year myself...though that was more a case of not having the money than there not being anything I wanted.  Luckily, the money crunch has eased a bit.  My first DVD purchases this year were just last month.  Since the beginning of May, I've gotten 4 or 5 titles and I have about 5 more coming (including one that won't be released until next month).

Can a person ever have everything he ever wants?  Maybe...if they stop making new movies and TV shows or if he's only interested in stuff of the past.  ::)

kahless

« Reply #3220 on: June 05, 2010, 10:20:22 PM »
I've just seen this movie:
Persepolis

Strongly recommended!

Synopsis:
Marjane is 8 years old when the Mullahs in Iran whiped out the Shah.
Now the world is completely different, but Marjane does not even think about to knuckle down the new regime.

My opinion:
A must see if you are slightly interested in the political development of the Iran.
The story is told from the perspective of a little girl and does not try to take any political influence.

Maybe somebody with a better knowledge of the English language can submit a better review!  ;)

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: June 06, 2010, 01:11:48 AM »
I've just seen this movie:
Persepolis

Strongly recommended!

:thumbup: Seconded. Sadly and predictably, the Academy went for the annual Pixar output (Ratatouille).
Matthias

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: June 06, 2010, 01:16:46 AM »
I have this on my library queue.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: June 06, 2010, 03:41:48 AM »
We have have too many DVDs/Blu-rays, but we will never have enough.

Fact.

lyonsden5

« Reply #3224 on: June 06, 2010, 03:51:59 PM »
We have have too many DVDs/Blu-rays, but we will never have enough.

Fact.
This