Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 823390 times)

filmincarnate

Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #2880 on: March 31, 2010, 07:04:49 PM »

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #2881 on: March 31, 2010, 08:04:40 PM »
Baabul (Amazon.co.uk)
I got this double-disc release of this movie with Rani Mukerji for £0.01 at Amazon Marketplace :)
Die Toten Hosen: Hals + Beinbruch - Live bei Rock am Ring 2008 (Amazon.de)
I had this concert Blu-ray on my wishlist for a long time, but it always was too expensive for me. Now Amazon had it on a special Eastern one-day sale for the third of its usual price :)

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: April 01, 2010, 08:18:45 PM »
A Little Princess (Amazon.de)
Blind buy.
Weißblaue Geschichten (Amazon.de)
I haven't seen this series for ages. I always enjoyed these Bavarian slice-of-life stories.

filmincarnate

« Reply #2883 on: April 02, 2010, 04:06:22 AM »

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2884 on: April 02, 2010, 09:26:01 AM »
Well... this is the first right nice sized order I placed this year. I was lucky enough to find some decent sales first thing this morning. So I ordered...

The Flash: The Complete Series
WHO-O-O-O-OSH! The origins and exploits of the crimefighting DC Comics superhero come your way at lightning speed in this 22-episode live-action series. John Wesley Shipp portrays Barry Allen, a police crime technologist endowed with sudden talents after a fluke lab accident. He pledges to use his new powers for good, powers that include ultra-speed reflexes and the ability to vibrate his molecules so rapidly he can pass through solid walls. Amanda Pays is medical researcher Tina McGee, who monitors Allen's accelerated metabolism and guards his secret identity. The Trickster, Captain Cold, the Ghost, mad inventors: Central City is rife with criminals. Now there's a hero to keep pace with them. He's called The Flash. And in our era of instant communications, he's more in step with the times than ever.

Yes... I already have this series... but a while back ago when I was about to have a marathon of the series... I found out that somehow the first disc got completely destroyed. It apparently got jammed in a DVD player... and no longer plays at all. I tried to get it replaced by the company... offering to even purchase the first disc only... but no such luck. I waited what felt like forever to find the set at a decent price. About a year and a half later... I am finally able to pick it up. I found it on sale for $14.99

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
What wonders await you in Willy Wonka's factory? Explore fields of soft minty sugar grass in the Chocolate Room...Sail along the Chocolate River in a pink sugar boat...Experiment with Everlasting Gobstoppers in the Inventing Room...Observe talented squirrels in the Nut Room and travel to the Television Room by a glass elevator. You'll find a lot that's funny, a little that's mysterious...and an adventure as sweet as a satisfying as a Wonka Whipple-Scrumptious Fudgemallow Delight bar. This dazzling film adapted from Roald Dahl's classic children's novel, directed by Tim Burton and starring Johnny Depp and Freddie Highmore, is your Golden Ticket to a world so inventive, so imaginative, you won't want to miss a delicious moment!

A good friend suggested this one to me. Said I need to add it to my Johnny Depp collection. I never seen it... but looking at the trailer I am concerned as I didn't like how Johnny Depp portrayed the character. But I found it right cheap... the  2 disc set for $5.59... the one thing that has me concerned... does this one have as much music in it as the original?

The Alphabet Killer
A ten year old girl is found brutally murdered outisde the small blue-collar city of Rochester, New York, and obsessed police detective Megan Paige (Eliza Dushku of BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER and DOLLHOUSE) suffers a mental breakdown while trying to solve the crime. But when the child-killings resume two years later, Megan's return to the investigation also brings back her own horrific hallucinations. Even if she can prove a "double initial" connection to the slayings, will she hang onto her sanity long enough to catch a psychopath? Cary Elwes (SAW), Michael Ironside (STARSHIP TROOPERS), Bill Moseley (THE DEVIL'S REJECTS), Carl Lumbly (ALIAS) and Academy Award®-winner Timothy Hutton co-star in this chilling thriller directed by Rob Schmidt.

This is one of the movies I caught on On-Demand a few months back. And I loved every minute of it. Especially the lovely Eliza Dushku. Looking forward to seeing this one again.

Coraline
Coraline Jones is bored in her new home until she finds a secret door that leads her into a world that's just like her own...but better! But when this fantastical adventure turns dangerous and her "other" Mother tries to keep her forever, Coraline must count on her resourcefulness and bravery to get home.

This is another one I never seen. But everywhere I been I heard nothing but good things about it. And Brittany seen it... and said she really thinks I will enjoy it.

The Karate Kid Collection
Presenting THE KARATE KID COLLECTION, a rousing series of four uplifting, coming-of-age adventures that will leave you cheering! Two teenagers learn important lessons in life, friendship and the art of self-defense from their wise mentor, Mr. Miyagi. The first three films star Ralph Macchio and Oscar®-nominated Noriyuki "Pat" Morita (Best Supporting Actor, The Karate Kid, 1984), Academy Award-winner Hilary Swank (Best Actress, Boys Don't Cry, 1999) joins Morita in a break-out role in the fourth film, The Next Karate Kid. All Four movies are presented in their original movie format.

OK... I know I am going to get some flack for saying this... but too bad! I really enjoyed these movies... yes including the 4th one with Hilary Swank! Sure the last couple wasn't as good... but I still enjoyed them quite a bit. Once this set arrives.. I feel a martial arts marathon coming on!

The Brave One
"Why don't they stop me?" Erica Bain wonders. Bain, a popular New York radio host, watched her fiancé die and nearly lost her own life to a vicious, random attack. Now she discovers a stranger within herself, an armed wanderer in the urban night, out for vengeance and at war with her own soul. Two-time Academy Award® winner* Jodie Foster as Erica joins Oscar® nominee* Terrence Howard as a determined cop hot on her trail. Erica's future is uncertain but one thing is not: The Brave One is a high-tension thriller that packs a visceral and emotional punch.

This is another one I caught on On-Demand a few months back... and one I enjoyed every minute of. A much needed addition to my SLOWLY growing Jodie Foster collection. With this one I will now have 8 Jodie Foster movies in my collection.
Pete

filmincarnate

« Reply #2885 on: April 03, 2010, 07:14:33 AM »

Picked them both up at a local used shop for about $10 together.

Critter

« Reply #2886 on: April 03, 2010, 07:18:45 AM »
A good friend suggested this one to me. Said I need to add it to my Johnny Depp collection. I never seen it... but looking at the trailer I am concerned as I didn't like how Johnny Depp portrayed the character. But I found it right cheap... the  2 disc set for $5.59... the one thing that has me concerned... does this one have as much music in it as the original?

There are four relatively short songs in this one. Each of the four songs are from the original novel with the lyrics that Roald Dahl himself wrote. The other one was turned into a musical with a lot of added songs that were never in the book.

I recently got:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: April 03, 2010, 12:40:56 PM »
Thanks for the info Sophie :)
Pete

snowcat

« Reply #2888 on: April 03, 2010, 04:29:46 PM »

House Season 1

House Season 2

Rambo Boxset

Darjeeling Limited

Envy

(This was given to me by a friend)
New York Minute, Prince and Me, Cinderella Story

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: April 04, 2010, 06:38:10 PM »
I probably shouldn't have as I spent more then I wanted to this month as it is... but with the price I found them for I couldn't help but to place the order... a 12 movie boxset for only $6.99 at bestbuy.com...

Too Cool for School
The Beach Girls (1982) - A coming-of-age story about a bookish young woman who changes during her summer vacation from a bespectacled bookworm to a femme fatale.

Cavegirl (1985) - In search of the "perfect" woman, a bumbling anthropology student accidently travels back in time, 25,000 years, and meets his dream woman...a beautiful cavegirl. But she quickly makes it clear he must use all of his modern day wiles if he is to win her love.

Coach (1978) - A young, blonde and beautiful woman is hired to coach a team of underachieving basketball players and against all odds, leads them to victory. Starring: Cathy Lee Crosby, Michael Biehn, Keenan Wynn and Ted Dawson.

Hunk (1987) - A "devilish" tale about an ordinary guy who is visited by a beautiful apparition promising him popularity and drop-dead good looks in exchange for his soul. Transformed overnight into a "hunk," he soon discovers there may be hell to pay for his new lifestyle! Starring: John Allen Nelson, Deborah Shelton, James Coco, Robert Morse, and Avery Schreiber.

Jocks (1986) - When an odd-ball tennis team of a Los Angeles college sets out on a road trip to a regional college tennis tournament in fun-filled Las Vegas, all the stops are out and literally "anything goes" both on and off the court. Starring: Scott Strader, Perry Lang, Mariska Hargitay, Richard Roundtree and Christopher Lee.

Malibu Beach (1978) - School's out and the kids line the Malibu shore for a wild summer of fun. Starring: Kim Lankford and James Daughton.

My Chauffeur (1986) - A perky, young woman is recruited to join an all-male, all-snobby limousine service. Although given the most difficult assignments, she prospers and ultimately wins not only the respect and admiration of the other drivers, but also the love of her toughest assignment...her boss' son! Starring: Deborah Foreman, Howard Hesseman, Sam Jones, E.G. Marshall, and Penn and Teller.

My Tutor (1983) - When a high-school senior flunks his French final, his parents hire "the best French tutor in town" to help him pass a make-up exam. But after a short time with his warm, beautiful tutor, he's got more on his mind than collegiate affairs! Starring: Caren Kaye, Matt Lattanzi, Kevin McKarthy, Crispin Glover and Shelly Taylor Morgan.

The Pom Pom Girls (1976) - A fast-paced story about a group of high school seniors who indulge in some final wild flings before having to settle down into a more adult lifestyle. Starring: Robert Carradine and Jennifer Ashley.

Tomboy (1985) - A budding female race-car driver finally meets her racing idol and unbelievably they fall in love...a love that's quickly put to the test when, having received the chance to show her racing talents, the two find themselves in a race for a multi-million dollar sponsorship contract. Starring: Betsy Russell, Jerry Dinome, Richard Erdman, and Kristi Somers.

The Van (1977) - A nice young man gets more than he bargained for when he acquires his fantasy vehicle...a van. Starring: Danny Devito, Deborah White and Harry Moses.

Weekend Pass (1984) - A fun-filled tale following the antics of four sailors on a 72-hour liberty pass in Los Angeles, all seeking fun, love and success...each getting a lesson the Navy could never have taught! Starring: Chip McAllister, D.W. Brown, Patric Houser, and Peter Ellenstein.

Two or three of these sound familiar... so there is some I may have seen back in the '80s or so... though I really not sure about any of them. I know there is many in the set I haven't ever seen though.

It looks like I will have some new titles for my '70s marathon... and for my '80s marathon when I do that next month! :)

Does anyone here know any of these titles? Am I getting what I paid for here... or did I luck out with some good movies?

Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #2890 on: April 05, 2010, 01:27:32 AM »

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: April 05, 2010, 09:05:20 PM »
I was shocked to see 3 packages in the mail today... I got...
- The Karate Kid Collection
- Shadow of the Vampire (gift from a friend)
- Coraline

Guess what I am about to watch!  ;D
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: April 06, 2010, 07:53:53 PM »
Family Guy: Something, Something, Something, Dark Side (Amazon.co.uk)
I have been waiting for the price to drop. I hope it is as great as the Episode 4 parody.
Se7en (Amazon.co.uk)
As promised I have ordered this with my next amazon.co.uk order. I have never seen this movie.
Chuck: Season Two (Amazon.co.uk)
I liked the first season enough to warrant spending 10 pounds for the second season.
Jarhead (Amazon.de)
Blind buy. Was on a one-day special sale.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: April 06, 2010, 08:49:04 PM »
I have Jarhead in my collection. It was one of the last movies I bought mom for her birthday in August. I haven't watched it yet... but I do remember that my mother enjoyed it.

Today in the mail I got my replacement copy of The Flash: The Complete Series.
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #2894 on: April 07, 2010, 03:35:20 AM »
As usual, a visit at Futureshop, strolling through the DVD section, results in a "wallet assassination"...

... tonight was no exception ... and there's even 2 movies in there I never expected to buy ... ever ... but I just can't resist Steelbooks ...

Fringe: Season 1
Sherlock Holmes
The Lord of the Rings
Twilight
Twilight: New Moon
The Princess and the Frog