Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 822791 times)

karmesinrot

Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #2850 on: March 27, 2010, 11:54:42 AM »
Here's what I've ordered over the past two days.

The Children - seen this in the cinema when it was released and had the urge to watch it again. I'm a horror fan and even I thought parts of this were pretty sick :o
Will & Grace: Complete Season 7 - continuing a series
Twilight New Moon Limited Edition Memory Box. Complete impulse buy - I don't even like Twilight that much! Damn "limited editions"  ::)

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: March 27, 2010, 01:33:34 PM »
and my latest arrival is

Dave
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #2852 on: March 27, 2010, 01:38:18 PM »
I was getting something today, too. But the delivery guy decided that ringing (and working) wasn't worth the hassle and just threw a "get it at the post office"-card in my box.  :-\
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Najemikon

« Reply #2853 on: March 27, 2010, 03:49:57 PM »
Interesting. Your service is like ours then? Royal Mail only employs people who never grew out of playing knock-a-door-run... :thumbdown:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #2854 on: March 27, 2010, 05:57:14 PM »
I once had to chase the mail woman down my driveway.  I saw her sitting out there in the car...but she never knocked.  It was for something I had to sign for.  I was trying to get my dogs to go out in their area so I could go out and not have them follow..then she just left the driveway.  Once she saw me, she gave it to me, but she was laughing a bit.  She is always getting the mail mixed up. 

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: March 27, 2010, 08:05:40 PM »
I was getting something today, too. But the delivery guy decided that ringing (and working) wasn't worth the hassle and just threw a "get it at the post office"-card in my box.  :-\

awwww that's a shame.

Interesting. Your service is like ours then? Royal Mail only employs people who never grew out of playing knock-a-door-run... :thumbdown:

Probably going to ruin it now but my usual postie is very good, always knocks when he has 3 or more packets/parcels, usually delivering before 09:15 Mon-Fri and before 08:00 on Sat. Only troubles have been when they had the recent industrial action and then deliveries tended to be late in the morning. If the usual postie is off then it can be problematic.

Dave
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

karmesinrot

« Reply #2856 on: March 27, 2010, 09:42:56 PM »

Oh I hate when they do that, especially if it's at the weekend when I can't collect for 2 or 3 days!

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #2857 on: March 27, 2010, 09:58:20 PM »
Oh I hate when they do that, especially if it's at the weekend when I can't collect for 2 or 3 days!

Especially since the Deutsche Post is closing it's post offices all over the country and outsources it to small businesses. In my town, it's a small shoe store + postal counter that closes at 5:30pm (except Wednesday's when it does not open at all in the afternoon).

That's why I love automation: ATMs, Packstations, Online Ticket services - open 24/7 and no unfriendly person who doesn't really like his/her job.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

karmesinrot

« Reply #2858 on: March 27, 2010, 11:05:49 PM »

Especially since the Deutsche Post is closing it's post offices all over the country and outsources it to small businesses. In my town, it's a small shoe store + postal counter that closes at 5:30pm (except Wednesday's when it does not open at all in the afternoon).

That's why I love automation: ATMs, Packstations, Online Ticket services - open 24/7 and no unfriendly person who doesn't really like his/her job.
Wow that really sucks about closing the post offices. I think there was a bit of a furore in the UK a few years ago over the closing of a lot of post offices, but luckily I live within walking distance of two post offices and one post depot. My postman clearly hates his job though, he actually complained to my father a fortnight ago about the amount of packages he has to deliver to our house (both my dad and I love to shop online :p

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: March 27, 2010, 11:56:25 PM »
Let me know how The Fantastic Mr. Fox is, I'm thinking about getting it. Hopefully, it will be leaps and bounds better than Anderson's last two films.

Well, it was my favorite film of 2009 and I think it is the best thing Anderson has done since Rushmore. In short, it is worth getting.

Thanks  :thumbup:

lyonsden5

« Reply #2860 on: March 28, 2010, 12:25:09 AM »
Here's what I've ordered over the past two days.

Twilight New Moon Limited Edition Memory Box. Complete impulse buy - I don't even like Twilight that much! Damn "limited editions"  ::)
I'm a sucker for them too.  :-\

lovemunkey187

« Reply #2861 on: March 28, 2010, 09:38:11 AM »
Evilbay wins arrived yesterday
Underworld

Underworld: Evolution

Underworld: Rise of the Lycans
Outlander

Defiance

The Unborn

karmesinrot

« Reply #2862 on: March 28, 2010, 01:00:26 PM »
Have you ever been to theimportforums.com? Some of those guys over there have crazy expensive collections!

lyonsden5

« Reply #2863 on: March 28, 2010, 03:46:49 PM »
Have you ever been to theimportforums.com? Some of those guys over there have crazy expensive collections!

Nope. Thanks. I'll check it out  :cheers:

RossRoy

« Reply #2864 on: March 28, 2010, 06:55:22 PM »
The Men Who Stare at Goats
5150, Rue des Ormes
The Invention of Lying