Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 823400 times)

lovemunkey187

Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #2730 on: February 25, 2010, 08:52:25 AM »
I'd let to get hold of Jennifer's Body...

(click to show/hide)

... ;P I once read an interview with the "lovely" Megan Fox.... she said she leaves the door open whilst she goes to the toilet and then doesn't flush....

;P still feel the same way Jon?

Who'd've thought that we had 2 things in common?

snowcat

« Reply #2731 on: February 25, 2010, 09:21:03 AM »
 ::)

Lol

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #2732 on: February 25, 2010, 11:36:31 PM »
Shinobi (Amazon.de)
Stumbled across this. Some Ninja/Romance movie with Yukie Nakama in the lead. I know her as Yankumi from the live-action Gokusen series.
Yip Man (Amazon.co.uk)
I wanted to see this movie at the last FantasyFilmFest but it came at a unsuitable time.
Caroline in the City: Season Three (Amazon.co.uk)
I have noticed recently, that the series was already released completely in the UK. All seasons are available really cheap.
Caroline in the City: Season Four (Amazon.co.uk)
Completing another series.
Waitress (Amazon.co.uk)
Blind buy. A romantic comedy with Captain Hammer/Reynolds in the lead.

Najemikon

« Reply #2733 on: February 26, 2010, 12:20:07 AM »
I have yet to watch it, but I have Waitress too. Supposed to be very good and it has a tragic story behind it as it would have been a major success for Adrienne Shelley who was murdered. Matthias as spoken of her in the past I think because she worked with Hal Hartley a lot...

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: February 26, 2010, 12:47:20 AM »
I have yet to watch it, but I have Waitress too. Supposed to be very good and it has a tragic story behind it as it would have been a major success for Adrienne Shelley who was murdered. Matthias as spoken of her in the past I think because she worked with Hal Hartley a lot...

Yes, I knew Adrienne Shelly as an actress from her work with Hal Hartley, but it wasn't until Waitress and her tragic death that I learned she was also a filmmaker. She has written and directed three movies, all of them romantic comedies (of the good kind). My personal favorite is I'll Take You There (with Ally Sheedy), but Waitress is pretty good, too. I think I posted a review for the first one, Sudden Manhattan, and while I enjoyed it, it might be a little too surreal and crazy for most.
Matthias

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #2735 on: February 26, 2010, 08:13:21 PM »
Today I got

Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: February 26, 2010, 09:23:00 PM »
Todays arrivals

Gunbuster vs Diebuster: Aim for the Top! The GATTAI!! Movie

Akira

I'd forgotten that Akira was out on BD until it got mentioned earlier so I thought I'd better get it although mine doesn't have the slip cover here.

Dave
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

lovemunkey187

« Reply #2737 on: February 27, 2010, 01:08:35 PM »
Arrived this morning

which contains

RossRoy

« Reply #2738 on: February 27, 2010, 01:41:36 PM »
Recently arrived

Lost: Season 5

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: February 27, 2010, 11:30:09 PM »
   Liebesleben (Israel/DE 2007, AKA Love Life)
R2-DE Warner (2008)

Directorial debut of German actress Maria Schrader about an amour fou in Israel. Despite the German title, the movie is actually in English.
Matthias

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: March 01, 2010, 12:24:38 PM »
Today's arrival

The Interceptor

Dave
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: March 01, 2010, 07:17:48 PM »
I had to take Brittany to the dentist today (no cavities... Yay Brittany!)  ;D While out we stopped by Big Lots to see what I could find in their $3 movies... this time I remembered to check that it is Widescren! :P Anyway... I picked up...

Devour
For months, Jake Gray (Jensen Ackles, TV's "Smallville") has been haunted by disturbing premonitions of murder and self-mutilation he can't explain - that is, until two high school friends Dakota (Dominique Swain, Lolita) and Conrad, introduce him to a mysterious online computer game called The Pathway. Suddenly, Jack's violent visions are brought to life as the game begins transforming his terrifying daydreams into gruesome reality. Hoping to escape his waking nightmare, Jake turns to Marisol (Shannyn Sossamon, A Knight's Tale), a seductive new friend who dabbles in the mystic occult. Instead, the two find themselves confronting even greater horrors, including the terrifying secrets of Jack's dark family past, in this chilling psychological thriller.

This is a complete blind buy... I never even heard of this one... not even seen the trailer. I mostly bought it because Jensen Ackles (Supernatural) is in it. Anyone here know if this is a good one?
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #2742 on: March 03, 2010, 01:26:35 AM »

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: March 03, 2010, 08:28:53 AM »
Great choice on Veronica Mars!  :thumbup:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: March 03, 2010, 08:54:34 AM »
Payday... so I ordered a few from amazon...

The Invisible Man: Season 1
Darien Fawkes, a thief, gets his third strike and is sentenced to life in prison. However, an offer comes to get him out if he will participate in a secret experiment that the U.S. government is conducting. Darien agrees grudgingly and is transported to a secret military installation in the desert. There a Swiss-French scientist named Arnaud installs a synthetic gland in Darien's brain, which causes him to secrete "Quicksilver," a compound that bends light and therefore has the power to make him invisible.

I used to watch this show all the time 10 years ago when it first aired. Today I caught it on sale at $17.99... so looking forward to revisiting this show after several years. Unfortunately this show ran for 2 years... and no sign of season 2 coming to complete the series.

Superman Batman: Public Enemies
A desperate solution for a troubled country: Lex Luthor for president with the Justice League in the service of the government. Only Batman and Superman stand against the new regime - and their disloyalty proves to be exactly what Luthor intended. Using their outcast status to instigate a scandal against Superman, Luthor finally tastes a victory in his vendetta against the Man of Steel. From Executive Producer Bruce Timm and voiced by the cast from both hit Batman and Superman animated TV series including Kevin Conroy, Tim Daly and Clancy Brown, this DC Universe Original Animated Movie based on Jeph Loeb and Ed McGuiness's popular graphic novel seethes with Political intrigue and action-packed battles between heroes all believing they're on the right side of the law.

Another one added to my animated superhero movie collection. This is a blind buy... so looking forward to checking it out. I got lucky on this one... as Amazon has the 2-Disc edition on sale for $9.49 while the single disc edition is still regular price of $15+.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles: Season 2
The time: today. The stakes: all our tomorrows. A nascent AI, assisted by deadly cyborgs, continues to edge toward world domination and the ruin of humankind. It accepts no limits. It fears no one. Except John Connor. The machines know John, now 16, is the future leader of the human resistance. They know he is growing in abilities. They must find and terminate him. But Sarah Connor is there, protecting and instructing her son as he becomes the man he's destined to be.

The hunt is on in a season of powerful revelations, breathless pursuits and bravura effects. A mysterious 3-dot symbol (do UFOs provide a clue?), a girlfriend for John (is Cameron jealous?), ZeiraCorp (can it master the renegade software the Turk?) – Season 2's 6-disc action arsenal is locked, loaded, ready to amaze.

Finally completing another series! I really enjoyed the first season... but never got to watch more then the first 1 or 2 episodes of season 2. So really looking forward to seeing how this series ended.
Pete