Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 825318 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #2640 on: February 05, 2010, 11:36:57 AM »
That is good to know... especially since I bought it thinking in my head it was a different title :P

Now if I could just get over the whole full framed thing! 
Pete

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: February 05, 2010, 05:15:21 PM »
Today's arrivals

The Ugly Truth

The Godfather

Dave
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

snowcat

« Reply #2642 on: February 05, 2010, 07:08:52 PM »

Serenity

In preparation for the discussion, I bought this a while ago, I even still have the receipt.... but for some reason I can't find it... my guess is I lent it out and forgot about it... that happens too often.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: February 05, 2010, 09:54:28 PM »
both packages arrived...

And looks like I will have to scan in my  cover for Love Potion #9 as I got a re-release cover.

2 keep cases came damaged that I had to replace. One I was worried as it was a floater and it was moving around in there like crazy... at first I thought my copy of Imagine Me & You was going to be scratched all to hell! luckily it is just fine... no scratches that I can see.
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #2644 on: February 06, 2010, 10:44:32 AM »
Smallville: Season Eight (Amazon.com)
Finally I got it cheap and I can continue this series.
Spin City: Season Three (DVD Pacific)
Continuing another fun series.
The Sarah Silverman Program.: Season Two, Volume Two (DVD Pacific)
Another series I am collecting.
Becker: Season Three (DVD Pacific)
Yet another series I am collecting.
Darkman Trilogy (DVD Pacific)
I have ordered this after Pete made me aware of it when reviewing part 2 of this trilogy.

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: February 06, 2010, 04:03:02 PM »
Today's arrivals

buy 4 for the price of 3 (amazon.co.uk) (1 still somewhere with Royal Mail :( )
The Siege

Any Given Sunday

The Towering Inferno

Buy 2 for £18.00 (amazon.co.uk)
The Boat That Rocked

Twelve Monkeys

From amazon.co.uk Marketplace

Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honnêamise

Dave
Dave

My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Najemikon

« Reply #2646 on: February 06, 2010, 04:10:04 PM »

Dave

Wow, well done on this! I recently managed to find a reasonably priced region 4 DVD that Tom also picked up. Haven't watched it yet, but obviously I would have preferred Blu, but the prices were extortionate. There was no-one much better in the Market Place when I checked either. Hope you got a good deal!

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #2647 on: February 06, 2010, 04:18:49 PM »
I recently managed to find a reasonably priced region 4 DVD that Tom also picked up. Haven't watched it yet, but obviously I would have preferred Blu, but the prices were extortionate.

Happy to hear that you have received your copy after all :)

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: February 06, 2010, 04:30:46 PM »

Dave

Wow, well done on this! I recently managed to find a reasonably priced region 4 DVD that Tom also picked up. Haven't watched it yet, but obviously I would have preferred Blu, but the prices were extortionate. There was no-one much better in the Market Place when I checked either. Hope you got a good deal!

Not as good as I would have liked, swap £ for $ on the list price, but it was the cheapest I could find and does appear to be new.

Dave
Dave

My Library

Najemikon

« Reply #2649 on: February 06, 2010, 04:59:40 PM »
I recently managed to find a reasonably priced region 4 DVD that Tom also picked up. Haven't watched it yet, but obviously I would have preferred Blu, but the prices were extortionate.

Happy to hear that you have received your copy after all :)

Yeah, it sounded the same as you. I got the message about no stock and then it arrived! :slaphead:

Not as good as I would have liked, swap £ for $ on the list price, but it was the cheapest I could find and does appear to be new.

Oh, well. I bet it will look gorgeous all the same. Have you seen it before?

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: February 06, 2010, 07:51:50 PM »

Oh, well. I bet it will look gorgeous all the same. Have you seen it before?

Yep I have. From 1995 I got the original cut and dubbed VHS from Manga Video then the reissue they did of it in Japanese with subtitles. Then in late 2000 I got the uncut R1 DVD that Manga Entertainment released but the quality was not too good, loads of complaints about how badly ME had handled the conversion to DVD. I saw your comments about Manga in another thread where you included a couple of Youtube clips and that reminded me to look for an updated release of this and with that I found this copy :) I intend to try and get to watch this later tonight.

On that other thread you mentioned "The Legend of the Overfeind" (Urotsukidoji) and that it was already cut before Manga released it with further cuts requested by the BBFC, I seem to recall an article in some magazines and newspapers about how one BBFC board member who watched Urotsukidoji was heavily traumatised by it. I still have the American Anime 18 Laserdisc release of the Perfect Collection which includes the 3 OVA's that went into "The Legend of the Overfiend" and the 2 OVA's that went into "The Legend of the Demon Womb" (aka Urotsukidoji II). The OVA's in the Perfect Collection are uncut. Now you have spiked my interest again and I'll have to get my laserdisc player back into service and try to rewatch these.

Dave
Dave

My Library

Najemikon

« Reply #2651 on: February 06, 2010, 08:23:01 PM »
Glad to hear it! I was clearing some VHS out a few weeks across and found Royal Space Force. I remembered it being marvellous so had to get it on DVD, but posted here when all I could find were the expensive editions. I think it was Rich who suggested Region 4.

Part of me fancies seeing Legend of the Overfiend again too, especially uncut, but I just know it's a bad idea!  :bag:

snowcat

« Reply #2652 on: February 06, 2010, 08:38:23 PM »
I watched Legend of the Overfiend uncut recently... To be honest I wasn't any more impressed :/

Najemikon

« Reply #2653 on: February 06, 2010, 10:30:51 PM »
I hope I didn't imply it is actually any good. It's just so twisted, you can't not watch it!

snowcat

« Reply #2654 on: February 06, 2010, 11:15:31 PM »
 :tease: no, no ... I mean with the restored scenes it was still no better then it originally was