Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 826671 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #2625 on: February 03, 2010, 06:57:54 AM »
I just ordered...

Doctor Strange: The Sorcerer Supreme
I am really not familiar with the Doctor Strange character. But for only $5.99 I figured I will give it a try. I have liked all the other animated Marvel movies anyway.

Grey's Anatomy: Season 4
Really looking forward to this one getting here. Just finished watching the first 3 seasons over again to prepare for it.

Private Practice: Season 1
Spin-Off of Grey's Anatomy. Never seen a single episode. But I did like the 2-Part Grey's Anatomy episode that introduced the characters of this series. Hopefully I will like it. Odd thing. First season of Grey's Anatomy had 9 episodes. And because of the writer's strike at the time... the first season of this show?.... 9 episodes!

The Proposal
As a big Sandra Bullock fan.... I been looking forward to seeing this movie. I had to settle for the single disc version... but I am getting it in time for my Romantic Comedy marathon on Valentine's Day weekend.
Pete

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: February 03, 2010, 08:25:53 AM »
   Tales of the Four Seasons
R2-UK Artificial Eye (2006)

Contains:
Conte de printemps (FR 1990)
Conte d'hiver (FR 1992)
Conte d'été (FR 1996)
Conte d'automne (FR 1998)
Matthias

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: February 03, 2010, 01:38:14 PM »
Well... I wasn't going to do it... but I couldn't help myself. I ordered a couple more Romantic Comedy movies for Valentine's Day weekend marathon. Just ordered...

Love Potion #9
Another Sandra Bullock movie I have been wanting to see. Blind buy... but I did watch the trailer... and it looked like fun.

Imagine Me and You
Also a blind buy... was convinced to give it a try when I read 2 reviews for this movie from Tom here on this site.
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #2628 on: February 03, 2010, 06:42:07 PM »
Well... I wasn't going to do it... but I couldn't help myself. I ordered a couple more Romantic Comedy movies for Valentine's Day weekend marathon. Just ordered...

Love Potion #9
Another Sandra Bullock movie I have been wanting to see. Blind buy... but I did watch the trailer... and it looked like fun.

This movie is nothing special but I like it.

Imagine Me and You
Also a blind buy... was convinced to give it a try when I read 2 reviews for this movie from Tom here on this site.

:yahoo:
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: February 03, 2010, 06:48:42 PM »
Thanks Tom... I am actually looking forward to Love Potion #9... now I know not to have my hopes up to high on it. As for Imagine Me & You... I just found and watched the trailer for it on Youtube. Looks like it could be good. And I like that Giles from Buffy is in it. Will be the first thing I see him in other then Buffy. Hope it won't be too weird! :P
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: February 03, 2010, 11:56:55 PM »
Inglourious Basterds (Amazon.de)
I bought the German release, because it seems that the German version is the only release where there is one scene extended. I think it is because it is a gag about Winnetou, which non-Germans probably do not get. Or how popular is Karl May's Winnetou outside of Germany?

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: February 04, 2010, 05:12:07 AM »
Inglourious Basterds (Amazon.de)
I bought the German release, because it seems that the German version is the only release where there is one scene extended. I think it is because it is a gag about Winnetou, which non-Germans probably do not get. Or how popular is Karl May's Winnetou outside of Germany?
According to IMDb's Trivia page you are right. While I will still go with the US version (Region A...) I am slightly confused by the logic behind this. ??? It's not what I would expect from Tarantino...

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2632 on: February 04, 2010, 06:06:39 PM »
OK... stopped at Big Lots today... so had to check out their $3.00 movies/$6.00 Season sets. Unfortunately the only season set they had this time is Joey: Season 1... which I already have. So I went searching through loads of movies. And I ended up getting for movies for only $6.00!  :thumbup:

My Blue Heaven / All of Me: Comedy Double Feature
As soon as I saw this one on the shelf it popped in my mind that All of Me was mentioned in the Romantic Comedy thread by Kathy and Marie... so I take it that I can add this one to my Romantic Comedy list? I really don't remember either one of the movies on this disc.

Passenger 57 / Boiling Point: Action Double Feature
It has been years since I seen it... but I believe I remember enjoying Passenger 57. I don't think I have ever seen Boiling Point at all. at least the title doesn't sound familiar.
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: February 04, 2010, 06:13:46 PM »
The prices of some of the Bollywood movies on my wishlist dropped, so I put in an order:
Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi (Amazon.de)
A recent SRK movie.
Aaja Nachle (Amazon.de)

Jab We Met (Amazon.de)
The reviews I have read all said that this is a real nice feel-good movie.
Bachna Ae Haseeno (Amazon.de)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: February 04, 2010, 06:23:41 PM »

Well... this sucks... I find out too late these are all Full Framed releases!  :weep:
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #2635 on: February 04, 2010, 07:34:40 PM »
Today I got

Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2636 on: February 04, 2010, 08:04:25 PM »

Well... this sucks... I find out too late these are all Full Framed releases!  :weep:

Don't feel bad about All of Me - it was only released in full frame. But, the cover you posted shows The Man With Two Brains. I hope you actually got All of Me because it is a great movie...and yes it can be listed as Romantic Comedy.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: February 04, 2010, 08:09:17 PM »
Damn! nope... somehow I confused the 2 titles. even with the cover art... I did indeed get the Man with 2 Brains. Oh well.. I don't remember either one so! :P
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #2638 on: February 05, 2010, 03:25:06 AM »
I like The Man With Two Brains..it is...kind of weird, but it is entertaining.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2639 on: February 05, 2010, 05:36:42 AM »
The Man with Two Brains is quite good. It's silly and strange and I like it too.