Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 855626 times)

venomsinner

Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #2505 on: January 13, 2010, 08:26:59 PM »
I bought Magnolia, Boogie Nights, Punch Drunk Love and There Will Be Blood upon recommendation from a friend

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: January 13, 2010, 11:23:35 PM »
Don't want to be the bad news bringer, but...

Get your expectations really low Pete : Prom Night 3 is an edited tv version (so no gore at all), Prom Night 4 is a direct VHS transfert (very bad from what I've read) and the two films are fullscreen. Too bad since PN3 is a good film if my memory serve me well...

Sorry :whistle:

Thanks Jimmy... but yeah I heard about this shortly after ordering it. But hey at least it was a free one. So I can at least take comfort in the fact it didn't cost me anything.
Pete

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: January 14, 2010, 04:25:07 AM »
Raumpatrouille: Die phantastischen Abenteuer des Raumschiffes Orion (Amazon.de)
I haven't seen this series in ages. Achim's recent review made me put it on my wishlist. This set includes the TV series and the movie Achim reviewed (which is cut together from scenes of the series).

I actually thought of Raumpatrouille Orion when watching The American Astronaut. Not that they have that much in common, except for the B&W and the lo-tech effects. I haven't seen RO in a long time either, although it doesn't amount to "ages", because I did get the TV series DVDs a couple of years ago.
Matthias

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: January 14, 2010, 05:33:23 AM »
¬_¬ Bahh! next month there will be a budget!!
:hysterical:

lovemunkey187

« Reply #2509 on: January 14, 2010, 11:52:09 AM »
I have finally got to watching the 2nd season of 24 with my enforced layup - man that was good viewing and I am now fighting not to start watching the next season already

Get it watched. and all the other days, as Day 8 starts on $ky1 in a couple of weeks.

RossRoy

« Reply #2510 on: January 14, 2010, 02:21:27 PM »
I have finally got to watching the 2nd season of 24 with my enforced layup - man that was good viewing and I am now fighting not to start watching the next season already

Get it watched. and all the other days, as Day 8 starts on $ky1 in a couple of weeks.

my opinion too! and since I've just received Day 7, I have an itch to watch the whole thing again!

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #2511 on: January 14, 2010, 07:24:22 PM »
Today I got my first TV Show on Blu-ray

Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

RossRoy

« Reply #2512 on: January 14, 2010, 09:39:55 PM »
Received these today from Amazon

Addams Family / Addams Family Values
Saw V
Watchmen
Inglourious Basterds
Evangelion 1.01: You are (not) alone
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 06:25:29 PM by RossRoy »

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #2513 on: January 15, 2010, 04:33:52 AM »

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: January 15, 2010, 05:28:01 AM »
I was considering to buy the Season 20 of the The Simpsons on Blu-ray, especially for the Mypods and Broomsticks (or so) episode. Then I kept hearing that the Simpsons are not really up to snuff anymore. I previosuly bought only seasons 1-6 and then stopped when they used that first "special packaging".

What's your take?

Critter

« Reply #2515 on: January 15, 2010, 06:27:01 AM »
I was considering to buy the Season 20 of the The Simpsons on Blu-ray, especially for the Mypods and Broomsticks (or so) episode. Then I kept hearing that the Simpsons are not really up to snuff anymore. I previosuly bought only seasons 1-6 and then stopped when they used that first "special packaging".

What's your take?

I am a  huge Simpsons fan and personally I can only stand season 1-10 (maybe a little of 11). Anything after that and I have trouble even getting through an episode. As the animation got better over the years the writing got worse and worse and now it just upsets me to watch it, as something so great turned into something so stupid and cringeworthy. Apparently some of the latest seasons havent been as bad becuase they realised no one liked them anymore and tried to make them like the old ones again but didn't quite suceeed.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: January 15, 2010, 09:39:08 AM »
I kept hearing that the Simpsons are not really up to snuff anymore.

What's your take?
It is just a popular thing to bad mouth The Simpsons these days... The show continue to be good, but I watch the french canadian dubbed version here on TV (I don't like the original voice, sound like heresy but we are great to dub cartoon) so I've no idea what season we are in :shrug:

As much as I love them I've never bought a single seasons. I don't see any reasons since the show are on TV at least three times a day here :laugh:

-----------------------------------------------
Edit because theres a huge difference between the French dubbed version (:yucky:) and the French Canadian dubbed version (:thumbup:)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 02:01:23 PM by Jimmy »

snowcat

« Reply #2517 on: January 15, 2010, 01:44:03 PM »
I don't think it's that popular to bad mouth the Simpsons, my entire college class thinks im crazy for hating it.... i just can't get in to it. I find sections funny but i don't enjoy the series.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #2518 on: January 15, 2010, 07:37:47 PM »
Today I got

(introducing Sarah Jane Smith) and (introducing the Fourth Doctor Tom Baker)

and

starring Three's Company's John Ritter, Married ... with Children's Katey Sagal and The Big Bang Theory's Kaley Cuoco.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

snowcat

« Reply #2519 on: January 15, 2010, 08:45:54 PM »
I hope you enjoy 8 Simple Rules Karsten, Its a series I loved watching and only recently bought on DVD... I hope the other series get a UK release. The episodes dealing with John Ritters death were extremely sad in season 2, and although the third season was very different I still quite enjoyed it.