Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 844949 times)

Touti

Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #2415 on: December 27, 2009, 06:59:28 PM »
mostly xmas pressies  ;D

I got that one a few days ago along with Braveheart Blu-Ray.  I plan on watching them both tonight, that's gonna be "bloody" good on HD

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: December 27, 2009, 07:03:06 PM »
One other thing I forgot to mention - you can trim his nails. Every Sunday I do 17 animals! I use regular dog clippers but they do sell smaller ones designed for cats. Just be sure you only trim a little bit at a time at first so you don't accidentally hit the quick. Also give him some cat nip before and after and maybe through a treat or two during the process.

If you never did it before follow these steps:

Hold him gently but firmly between your arm and body several times - the way you will when you actually start - and touch his feet (don't trim yet) so that he gets used to you manipulating them. Do this several times a day for a couple of days.

When your ready to start be gentle but firm. Rub and praise him the way you usually do. Don't let him get away and don't give up. If he fusses and you let him loose you will have taught him that if he acts up you will let him go.

Always give him treats and praise when you trim his nails. In fact, don't give him any for a while except when he gets his nails trimmed. Then he will associate treats with nail trimming.

Good Luck!

Sorry for hijacking this thread...now back to your regular scheduled programming...

snowcat

« Reply #2417 on: December 27, 2009, 08:12:05 PM »
Ill have to try it Kathy... I keep saying ill have to trim them but he's 12 now and very set in his ways... I think if I gave him catnip before a trim he would bite my hands off, he gets very protective of himself after cat nip more so then usual. I may have to do it eventually because it hurts when he claws away at my legs when he wants to sit down. but as you said you have to be careful about trimming to far... im very scared of doing that.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: December 27, 2009, 08:27:32 PM »
Damn... I didn't know Saw VI or The Final Destination was out yet!
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #2419 on: December 28, 2009, 01:57:39 AM »
Speaking of that, why don't we all make the same New Year's Resolution...not to buy any sequels in 2010!  :laugh:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: December 28, 2009, 06:16:15 AM »
Amadeus is a real nice one, it's made like a hard cover book, the Blu-Ray disc is in the inside of the front cover, there's 17 pages of text and pictures in the middle and on the inside of the rear cover there's a special CD compilation of Mozart's Music.  If I had known it had that I would have bought it at 30$ but I'm glad I got it for 15$ with CH Holiday Sale, a real steal.
These book-style packages is something Warner is doing for special items (or deemed so ;)) in their back catalog. The two I have so far are Bnnie and Clyde (one of the first ones), How the West was Won and The Matrix.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #2421 on: December 28, 2009, 09:09:39 PM »
Around Christmas (though not on Christmas) I got these:

(my first Canadian release)
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: December 29, 2009, 04:00:34 AM »
Speaking of that, why don't we all make the same New Year's Resolution...not to buy any sequels in 2010!  :laugh:
or remake... Sure this one would be easy for me, but for Pete :whistle:
 :tease:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: December 29, 2009, 12:39:06 PM »
Neither would be easy for me. As I like both remakes and sequels. Well you all can do as you like... but it will never happen with me!  :P
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #2424 on: December 29, 2009, 12:56:42 PM »
Terminator Salvation: Director's Cut (€9.97 at Amazon.de)
Not anywhere near as good as the previous movies. But as I would have bought it anyway sometime in the future I couldn't resist the one-day offer at Amazon.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 12:58:22 PM by Tom »

snowcat

« Reply #2425 on: December 29, 2009, 02:37:33 PM »

Space Jam  I loved this film when it came out, replacing my VHS copy now my VHS player is broken :(
Observe and Report - I liked this alot when I borrowed it from a friend, much better then the Mall Cop film
Marley and Me - Went to see this at the cinema, it made me cry ¬_¬ I felt like such an idiot until I turned to my left and saw my male friend was also crying  :laugh:
Cold Feet - a great series and finally cheap enough for me to buy :p

....I have bought so many DVDs this week I have officially banned myself from buying any next month!

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: December 29, 2009, 07:08:21 PM »
Didn't expect to receive another package this year, but I've received my first screener pack from Video-X-Pix this morning ;D

(click to show/hide)

Najemikon

« Reply #2427 on: December 29, 2009, 08:16:44 PM »
Didn't expect to receive another package this year, but I've received my first screener pack from Video-X-Pix this morning ;D

(click to show/hide)

They didn't even try with that cover, did they?  :hysterical:

(click to show/hide)

Critter

« Reply #2428 on: December 30, 2009, 12:47:11 AM »
30 Rock Season 3

Corpse Bride

Edward Scissorhands

Iron Man

Final Fantasy: Advent Children (blu-ray)

Inglourious Basterds (blu-ray)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: December 30, 2009, 02:47:48 AM »
Final Fantasy: Advent Children (blu-ray)
I'd be curious to hear what you think of this. I had it on my Wish List for a while, then eventually took it off.

Did you play the game (IIV, any....?), because I didn't. Supposedly without the game the story is rather confusing and I am not sure I'd want to buy it for the pretty pictures and insane action shots alone.

BTW, this trailer made me put it on the Wish List in the first place:

Heck, watching it again just now makes me wonder if having a story in a film like that isn't overrated... :hmmmm: