Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 844928 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #2400 on: December 23, 2009, 06:47:24 PM »
It's the canadian efficiency ;D
Maybe they go very fast because christmas is near... Just one more day that it takes me usually to receive an order from them and I live in the neighbouring province :thumbup:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #2401 on: December 24, 2009, 11:52:57 AM »
Joyeux Noël (£4.11 at Amazon.co.uk)
I got curious about this movie when Nostaligia Critic recommended it in his christmas movie list.
Rachel Getting Married (£7.22 at Amazon.co.uk)
Anne Hathaway. I have been waiting for the price to drop.
It's a Boy/Girl Thing (£4.12 at Amazon.co.uk)
A body swap film that I stumbled across. Never seen it before.
Journey to the Center of the Earth (£8.26 at Amazon.co.uk)
Even though the movie is not supposed to be good, the 3D effect are supposed to be relatively good for a home theatre setup.
He's Just Not That Into You (£8.26 at Amazon.co.uk)
Blind buy. Drew Barrymore is one of the reasons I bought it.
She's the Man (£4.64 at Amazon.co.uk)
Came across it, when researching a Bollywood movie with Rani Mukerji which comes out on DVD in a few months.

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: December 24, 2009, 04:49:25 PM »
Rachel Getting Married (£7.22 at Amazon.co.uk)
Anne Hathaway. I have been waiting for the price to drop.

:clap:
Matthias

Touti

« Reply #2403 on: December 24, 2009, 05:42:01 PM »
From Columbia House Canada this morning.

Amadeus is a real nice one, it's made like a hard cover book, the Blu-Ray disc is in the inside of the front cover, there's 17 pages of text and pictures in the middle and on the inside of the rear cover there's a special CD compilation of Mozart's Music.  If I had known it had that I would have bought it at 30$ but I'm glad I got it for 15$ with CH Holiday Sale, a real steal.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: December 25, 2009, 03:05:55 PM »
MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone... we just got done unwrapping our gifts... Not to many titles to mention this year. But I was expecting that as we I told my friends no exchanging this year. But I did get...

Heroes: Season 2
Yup... I am pretty far behind collecting this series. The second season was extra short do to the writer's strike. Only lasted 11 episodes. But looking forward to revisiting the season.

Life on Mars: The Complete Series
This is the US version of the UK series. I watched this when it originally aired and really enjoyed it so glad I now have it in my collection... and looking forward to seeing it again.

Brittany is busy getting ready to go have Christmas: Part 2 (and spend a week) over at her grandmothers house and don't know if she will get the chance to get online today or not. So she asked me to say goodbye to everyone and tell you all the DVD and Wii games she got (at least so far)...

DVD:

Wii:

Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #2405 on: December 26, 2009, 01:35:33 AM »
Received these on Dec.24th from Amazon:

And these as gift on Dec.25th

Angels & Demons was actually a BR that I'll exchange for a DVD. Why? Well, I don't have a BR player, and upon further research, I'd need to change my monitor for it to even work. So I'm sticking to DVD for the time being.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #2406 on: December 26, 2009, 11:46:52 PM »
I picked up a few holiday type DVDs before Christmas when I found them on sale.

Here's the one I got for Christmas

I got my mom and step dad some DVDs too.  He wanted some disaster movies, so I found a few of those for him.  I got my mom a few with Clark Gable..Mogambo and something else I can't remember at the moment.  I also got them a set with all the Rambo movies.  My mother - who has complianed about the violence in other movies - wanted the Rambo movies.  I got them a few other movies..there is one western that I can't remember which one now and Next of Kin I think.

snowcat

« Reply #2407 on: December 27, 2009, 10:45:44 AM »
So Christmas is always a big thing in my family, we are a pretty big family and we all visit each other so I haven't had much time over the last few days to come online and post what I got.

(I have mentioned a few of these before, but I couldn't have them until Christmas day.)

Here are my christmas DVDs.

Hammer Horror Collection
The Land before Time (films I - XI)
The Alfred Hitchcock Collection
South Park Season 12
The Royle Family Complete Collection
Spongebob Square Pants Season 1
Ren and Stimpy Seasons 1 and 2
Ren and Stimpy Seasons 3 and Halfish
Arthur Conan Doyles: The Lost World
Felix The Cat
CSI Season 1 part 1
Gantz vol 4
Gantz vol 5
Speed Grapher vol 4
Speed Grapher vol 5
Psycho Driver: Soul Siren
Twin Signal

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #2408 on: December 27, 2009, 02:37:18 PM »
My family thinks I am crazy to buy so much DVDs. So I usually do not get DVDs as a present :(  :laugh:

This year I got a good backbag for hiking. This is something I have wished for, but forgot to tell my parents that I wished for it  :laugh:. So it turns out we had the same thought :)
From my brother I got a gift certificate for the sauna-paradise in Therme Erding. I usually go there once a month. I would go more often, if it wouldn't be so expensive.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: December 27, 2009, 03:33:03 PM »
I have too much "stuff" so this year I refused presents. We have dozens and dozens of feral cats and I thought it important to prevent more pregnancies so I asked my family and friends help me "adopt" the feral cats in my neighborhood.

Operation Pets and Feral Cat Focus has a wonderful program assisting people to spay or neuter these animals and then, after they recuperate, release them back to their colonies. The cats also get their rabies shot and, if needed, they get flea, worm and ear mite treatments in addition to any medicine they need.

So, thanks to a few early presents, I am now caring for 7 post-op feral cats. Merry Christmas to me! :yahoo:

snowcat

« Reply #2410 on: December 27, 2009, 04:30:05 PM »
:/ My family don't know what to buy me so usually get me Pyjamas, DVDs or money

...speaking of Christmas money.

I bought my cat a nice new  scratch post... Im sure it won't last long :/ and my Newts a new rock.... then I saw some DVDs and got excited :p

Hancock
Indiana Jones (Crystal Skull)
Clone Wars
Waltz with Bashir (Ive wanted to see this for a long time! It sounds like a great story, and I am one for a good story!)
30 Rock Season 2
Beavis and Butthead Collection
Happy Tree Friends Overkill Boxset

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: December 27, 2009, 05:29:03 PM »
Emma when you get a scratching post buy one that is wood covered with carpeting. Then, when it gets worn out, go to your local carpet dealer and ask for their discards. They are happy to give those pieces away because they have to pay for garbage pick up...plus, you help the environment! All you need it a sharp knife and staples to cut and tack the carpet to the post.

Najemikon

« Reply #2412 on: December 27, 2009, 05:29:48 PM »
...and my Newts a new rock

I assume this isn't the sort of rock one finds in ones garden!  ;)

snowcat

« Reply #2413 on: December 27, 2009, 06:25:22 PM »
Thanks Kathy, Ill have to try that :/ Tigger is terrible... he scratches things to pieces.

:p Haha, no Jon its a large rock with ledges and holes for them to hide in... more like a small mountain with caves  ;)

richierich

« Reply #2414 on: December 27, 2009, 06:56:47 PM »
mostly xmas pressies  ;D