Author Topic: Woo-hoo!!!!  (Read 25604 times)

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Woo-hoo!!!!
« Reply #90 on: June 10, 2010, 12:27:18 AM »
Ahhhh...this explains so much! :tease:

:laugh:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #91 on: June 10, 2010, 03:16:07 AM »
Well..that's a different way to see a movie.   :laugh:

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 10, 2010, 03:03:27 PM »
We weren't planning to go to the movies, it was a spur of the moment decision, just after taking it. I have never been able to sit through the first Alien film without laughing because of it.  :suicide:

Critter

« Reply #93 on: June 10, 2010, 03:17:43 PM »
Well, the little critter that pops out during the chestburster scene is hilarious in it's own right. I usually crack a giggle or two while watching that one  ;).

Najemikon

« Reply #94 on: June 10, 2010, 03:18:32 PM »
 :suicide:

Critter

« Reply #95 on: June 10, 2010, 03:22:14 PM »
Don't get me wrong Jon, marvelous scene, perfect timing, really made me jump, and of course very digusting, I just find the actual design of the chestburster itself quite... cute.  :shrug:

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 10, 2010, 03:29:24 PM »
:suicide:

This was my feeling exactly when you rated Inglourious Basterds a 5 out of 5.  :tease: :laugh:

RossRoy

« Reply #97 on: June 10, 2010, 04:22:39 PM »
Well, the little critter that pops out during the chestburster scene is hilarious in it's own right. I usually crack a giggle or two while watching that one  ;).

Actually, I had seen Spaceballs before seeing Alien.. so I was almost expecting the chest-burster-thingamabob to start dancing  :laugh:

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 10, 2010, 05:30:38 PM »
Just finished The Horse's Mouth with Alec Guinness. While Guinness was his usual outstanding in the lead role, the film as a whole, was meh. 3 out of 5 stars.

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 12, 2010, 01:07:05 AM »
Looks like an anime weekend this week. I just got an e-mail from my library, telling me that Spirited Away and Grave of the Fireflies have come in.  :thumbup:

I just hope I can't get Speed Racer out of my mind.  :whistle:

Critter

« Reply #100 on: June 12, 2010, 01:56:43 AM »
Looks like an anime weekend this week. I just got an e-mail from my library, telling me that Spirited Away and Grave of the Fireflies have come in.  :thumbup:

I just hope I can't get Speed Racer out of my mind.  :whistle:

Spirited Away is one of my all-time favourite films. But you must also try and get your hands on Princess Mononoke. Will you be watching them in English of Japanese?

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 12, 2010, 02:22:18 AM »
Will you be watching them in English of Japanese?

Bite your tongue.  :voodoo:

Japanese of course...that is unless there are no subtitles.

Critter

« Reply #102 on: June 12, 2010, 03:40:33 AM »
That's a good idea, although if I may suggest, when you do get around to watching Princess Mononoke I actually recommend checking out the English dubbing in that one. I like to always watch Japanese first, but then sometimes I check out the English later. The English usually never lives up to the Japanese version but I found Mononoke to be the exception to this. In fact I loved the Mononoke dubbing so much that if I watch the film now I usually watch it in English.

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 12, 2010, 04:13:53 PM »
That's a good idea, although if I may suggest, when you do get around to watching Princess Mononoke I actually recommend checking out the English dubbing in that one. I like to always watch Japanese first, but then sometimes I check out the English later. The English usually never lives up to the Japanese version but I found Mononoke to be the exception to this. In fact I loved the Mononoke dubbing so much that if I watch the film now I usually watch it in English.

Were you aware that the English script was written by Neil Gaiman for that and that he where ever possible he kept to the original text and meaning of the Japanese script, slight changes had to be made for cultural differences though.

Dave
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 12, 2010, 08:01:00 PM »
Just finished Carol Reed's The Fallen Idol 4/5  :thumbup: