Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched  (Read 255620 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched
« Reply #675 on: December 28, 2010, 01:23:39 PM »
Battlestar Galactica: Season One: Disc Two
In a deadly game of cat-and-mouse, a ragtag fleet of humans desperately tries to escape from the Cylon pursuers who are repeatedly attacking them every 33 minutes. When an exhausted Adama discovers that a nearby passenger ship has managed to pass by unscathed, he fears that a traitor onboard may be planning the annihilation of the entire fleet.

WATER
When a mysterious explosion destroys most of the Galactica's  water supply, Adama and President Roslin attempt to control the ensuing riots, while Baltar searches for any Cylons who may have infiltrated the crew.

BASTILLE DAY
An icy planet may hold the key to the Galactica's  rapidly depleting water source, but when Lee visits a prison transport ship to round up "volunteers" for the mission, he unwittingly sets off a political firestorm.

ACT OF CONTRITION
After a flight deck accident kills thirteen of their best pilots, Adama orders Kara to train a new squad, forcing her to confront memories of the death of the commander's son.

My Thoughts:
This disc starts the regular episodes of the series. So far I am enjoying the series very much. The storylines are really drawing me in. After the first two discs of the complete series boxset... I can say I am not even more thrilled a goood friend gave me this set for Christmas. While I could easily see myself going nuts on this show... and just zooming through the series I just am not going to let myself. I want to prolong the enjoyment of this set for as long as possible. I was thinking at the most one disc per day during the week... breaking for the weekends for my movie marathons. But then on the very first disc... the last episode on the disc had to end in those dreaded words... To Be Continued...  I am going to still try to wait till tomorrow to pop in the next disc... though I may weaken before then!

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: December 29, 2010, 04:02:43 PM »
Rock of Love: The Complete First Season
He's toured all over the world, sold 25 million records and hung out with some of the hottest women on the planet. Now Bret Michaels is looking for that special girl who can compete with his one true love, the insatiable bitch goddess known as Rock & Roll. But what happens when 25 sexy ladies battle each other for an all access pass to this superstar's heart? From the out of control premiere episode to the shocking finale, relive all the name calling, dirty talking, face sucking, backstabbing, partying, puking, tattooing and other acts of passion in this unforgettable first season of the CelebReality phenomenon that rocked your world!

My Thoughts:
I admit it... when I first got this one for Christmas I thought for sure it is one I wouldn't care for. I have nothing against reality TV... I enjoy shows such as Survivor and Big Brother. But a reality series about a rock star trying to find a girlfriend? Not exactly what you would call quality TV. Thankfully there wasn't as much music in it as I was expecting... though of course there was some. Even with all that said... I watched this entire season (13 episodes) in only 1 day. I somehow found this trashy series entertaining. But what is the deal? If you were to go by this series alone you would think almost every woman has breast implants! What ever happen to the beauty of a natural... real woman!?!?  Though out of the twenty some contestants... there was a few natural women. I can't say exactly... but easily under 5 of them.

Another question. To any of you that may (or even used to watch) watch some reality TV. What is your thoughts of Reality TV on DVD? This is the second set I have now of a reality TV show. This and the very first season of Survivor. I don't know why... but for some reason reality TV don't have that same re-watch value as scripted TV series does. I can watch scripted series over and over again... but yet I only ever watched the first season of Survivor the once. On DVD when I first got the set. I just don't know what makes reality TV different for me.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: December 29, 2010, 10:55:51 PM »
Battlestar Galactica: Season One: Disc Three
YOU CAN'T GO HOME AGAIN
When Kara goes missing after encountering a hostile Cylon patrol during a training mission, Adama and Lee exhaust every avenue to bring back their ace pilot.

LITMUS
Doral, a Cylon sneaks aboard and blows himself up forcing Commander Adama and President Roslin to make public the terrifying secret that Cylons look like humans. Adama appoints an independent tribunal to investigate the security breach and appoints Sgt. Hadrian head investigator. Hadrian finds that the hatch was left open and focuses the investigation on Chief Tyrol. Tyrol's crew covers for him. Hadrian attempts to further the inquiry but the commander shuts down the tribunal.

SIX DEGREES OF SEPARATION
Number Six mysteriously appears in human form on the bridge of the Galactica. But when she presents a disc that condemns Baltar for plotting against the human race with the Cylons, Adama must decide whether or not to believe the stunning stranger.

FLESH AND BONE
A Cylon named Leobon engages Kara and President Roslin in a deadly battle of wills when he reveals that he's hidden a nuclear device on one of the ships.

My Thoughts:
This is the 3rd disc in the complete series set. So far I watched the miniseries and 8 episodes. At this point I feel myself becoming really hooked onto this series. It is really well done... and I am enjoying every minute of it. Lt. Kara "Starbuck"  (played by Katee Sackhoff) is quickly becoming my favorite character. I think on this disc my favorite episode would have to be YOU CAN'T GO HOME AGAIN... as it was the continuation of the last episode on disc 2... and I really liked where they went with the story. though it is hard to pick a favorite... as so far all the episodes has been good. This is quickly becoming a favorite series of mine.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: December 30, 2010, 10:23:10 AM »
X-Men: Evolution: Powers Revealed: Season 2, Volume 2
Before they become the formidable force of the X-Men, these Super Heroes™ are just an average bunch of teenagers. Yeah, right! With mutant abilities like telekinesis, teleportation and transference, even activities like a high school soccer game can become a supercharged battle of good versus evil!

In these four action-packed episodes, Cyclops, Rogue, Jean Grey and the other teen X-Men battle forces of nature and mutant enemies — all while conquering geometry! And as Mystique's mysterious plan for Professor Xavier and his students take form, the X-Men gain a new ally — Beast! Join the X-Men for an Xceptional rush as they train for the battle that will test their powers and their friendships!

Episodes:
5. The Beast of Bayville
6. Adrift
7. On Angel's Wings
8. African Storm

My Thoughts:
This is a cartoon I never seen before... but I always liked the X-Men so I figured I would check it out. I watched the first episode on the disc... not bad.. but I seen better. As I watched the episodes I grew to appreciate the series. I wouldn't mind seeing more of this show. But I don't think... at least at this point... it is something I would put too much money on to collect. The episode On Angel's Wings turned out to be a Christmas episode. If I would have known that I probably would have watched this disc a little sooner.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: December 30, 2010, 02:20:04 PM »
Kate & Allie: Season One
Emmy® Award winners Jane Curtin and Susan Saint James star in Kate & Allie, the beloved and groundbreaking comedy series about new beginnings. Recently divorced Allie Lowell (Curtin) and her two children, Chip (Frederick Koehler) and Jennie (Allison Smith), move from the comfortable suburbs of Connecticut to begin a new life in New York City. They share a house with Allie's best friend, Kate McArdle (Saint James), and her daughter, Emma (Ari Meyers), and together this group forms a new kind of family unit. Kate & Allie: Season One features an exclusive interview with Susan Saint James, a bonus preview episode from Season Two, and a special featurette that takes a look back at television's greatest decade, the eighties. The #1 sitcom during its first year of broadcast, Kate & Allie changed the way we think about families. See how it all began!

My Thoughts:
This is the first time seeing this series. I thought I knew this series as the name sounded familiar... but I must have confused it with something else. Not a bad show... but I found it to be no more then an average sitcom. I watched all 6 episodes from season 1... plus the bonus episode from season 2... and through all that I would say I was lucky to get a couple chuckles out of it really. No real laugh out loud moments. But even with that it is still entertaining.

My Rating:
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #680 on: December 30, 2010, 04:23:02 PM »
I always liked Kate & Allie and I watched it when it originally aired.  The U.S. only got this one volume containing the 6 episodes in it's tryout season (plus a bonus episode from season 2 if I remember correctly) but a company in Canada brought out all of the seasons and I have bought those so I now have the entire series though I am behind in watching them.  I like the leads of Jane Curtin and Susan Saint James and I also liked the daughers (especially Ari Meyers).  The son of one of the women was typical sitcom kid, no more and no less.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: December 30, 2010, 04:34:09 PM »
It could be that it just had a slow start... and it could get better for me as the show went on. But so far it was just an average sitcom for me.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: December 30, 2010, 07:56:58 PM »
Stockard Channing in Just Friends
Following the success and critical acclaim from roles in the Joan Rivers' camp classic, 'The Girl Most likely Too...', 'The Fortune', along side Warren Beatty and Jack Nicholson, Neil Simon's 'The Cheap Detective', and as tough girl Rizzo in the musical classic 'Grease', The CBS television network offered Stockard Channing her own sitcom series - Stockard Channing in Just Friends (1979) and The Stockard Channing Show (1980).

In both these series Stockard plaus an adventurous bright woman, estranged from her husband and determined to make it on her own. By removing herself from the shackles of married life in Boston and creating anew in Los Angeles, Stockard is a million other women who have done the same thing—for better or worse. Striking out on your own is at best a shaky road, and in Stockard's interpretation of Susan – from her wacky jobs at a health club and as a television investigating reporter to her face-to-face confrontation with her Ivy League hubby – "It's pure sophisticated comedy with a streak of reality so broad you could drive a tractor-trailer on it".

These beloved shows offer Stockard Channing's fan base an early glimpse into the talents of a young actress who has since gone on to star in numerous dramatic and comedic roles on the big screen as well as on television. Presented together, for the first time on home video, in this unique two disc collection are the cult TV series that nostalgic fans has been longing for!

Episodes Watched:
1. Pilot
2. Last of the Red Hot Tubs
3. Health May Be Hazardous
4. Lost Weekend

My Thoughts:
I just finished watching 4 episodes of Just Friends... Stockard Channings first series in this 2 series set. I am still not completely sure what I thought of it. On one hand I found it a fun and entertaining show. But on the other hand there is a lot of room for improvement. The whole production has a kind of cheap... get it out quick kind of feel towards it. While I was familiar with Stockard Channing... I was never what you would call a fan of hers.... but I really like her here. She wasn't what I would call a beautiful girl... but I did find her attractive in the girl next door kind of way. Which in ways I think is even better. In this one she is working in a health club... always working in either short shorts or leotards... and I must say she definitely looked good in them. Over all I enjoyed what I seen so far... and looking forward to watching some more.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: December 31, 2010, 12:53:24 AM »
Stockard Channing in Just Friends
Following the success and critical acclaim from roles in the Joan Rivers' camp classic, 'The Girl Most likely Too...', 'The Fortune', along side Warren Beatty and Jack Nicholson, Neil Simon's 'The Cheap Detective', and as tough girl Rizzo in the musical classic 'Grease', The CBS television network offered Stockard Channing her own sitcom series - Stockard Channing in Just Friends (1979) and The Stockard Channing Show (1980).

In both these series Stockard plaus an adventurous bright woman, estranged from her husband and determined to make it on her own. By removing herself from the shackles of married life in Boston and creating anew in Los Angeles, Stockard is a million other women who have done the same thing—for better or worse. Striking out on your own is at best a shaky road, and in Stockard's interpretation of Susan – from her wacky jobs at a health club and as a television investigating reporter to her face-to-face confrontation with her Ivy League hubby – "It's pure sophisticated comedy with a streak of reality so broad you could drive a tractor-trailer on it".

These beloved shows offer Stockard Channing's fan base an early glimpse into the talents of a young actress who has since gone on to star in numerous dramatic and comedic roles on the big screen as well as on television. Presented together, for the first time on home video, in this unique two disc collection are the cult TV series that nostalgic fans has been longing for!

Episodes Watched:
5. Invasion of the Body Grabbers
6. The Boy in the Band
7. Same Time, Next Night
8. The Ziegenfuss Force
9. A Little Fright Music
10. The Hollywood Syndrome
11. Funny Thing Happened

My Thoughts:
While looking for something to watch... I decided the heck with it... I will just finish off the series Just Friends. I found myself really getting into it... by the time it was about to end I was enjoying every minute of it. Odd thing is though... the last episode on the Just Friends disc is actually an episode of The Stockard Channing show... which I didn't realize till I turned it on. I hope I will be able to get into it just as much... but I have my doubts. It seems to be a very similar series... well her character is anyway... except she gets a different job... and the change most of the cast. The one other cast member they kept... they changed her name and had her working at the same place as the job she just got. So once again she is her neighbor and works with her both. I did like that they added Ron Silver to the cast as her new boss. It is actually a new series... but it feels like the same show that I will have to get used to the show all over again.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: January 03, 2011, 12:21:06 AM »

UNSUB: The Complete Series
Unsub was an American television series that aired on NBC from February 3, 1989 to April 14, 1989. The series centered around an elite FBI forensic team that investigates serial murderers and other violent crimes. Unsub is an abbreviation for the unknown subject of an investigation.

My Thoughts:
This is one of the short lived series that is in the Prime Time Crime collection I bought a while back. It only lasted 8 episodes (all of which is in that set). It is a show that I believe they just didn't give the chance to find an audience. I think it was canceled way too soon. As I found the series to be very strong and entertaining from the very first episode. It has a couple familiar faces in it. First there is the leader of the team played by David Soul (Starsky & Hutch, Salem's Lot)... then there is Richard Kind (Spin City)... who played one of the team members. Though he wasn't seen in every episode. The enjoyment I got from this series alone was worth the price I paid for the set.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: January 03, 2011, 01:45:50 PM »
Ally McBeal
Enjoy the wisdom of Ally on all her favorite subjects.

Includes:

Disc 1 - Relationships and Dating

Pilot: Ally's childhood sweetheart, Billy, and his gorgeous, gifted attorney wife (Georgia), now work at the same law firm as Ally. To top that indignity, Ally loses her first case.

The Attitude: Ally rules out a handsome D.A. as a potential romantic interest when he gets a blob of salad dressing on his chin.

Cro-Magnon: Ally dates a nude model and then begins to see the now-famous "dancing baby." Are her hormones trying to tell her something?

Silver Bells: Ally gets a case involving a threesome seeking a legal marriage. Then, Georgia insists that she, Ally and Billy discuss their own three-way relationship.

Disc 2 - Therapy

Theme Of Life: Ally's unorthodox new therapist Tracy (Tracey Ullman) advises her to kickbox with Georgia and get a theme song.

The Playing Field: Ally tries to follow Tracy's advice and get rid of the dancing baby, but she kicks a "little person" instead!

Also includes a "Searchin' My Soul" music video by Vonda Shepard and a preview of "Ally McBeal: The Official Guide."

My Thoughts:
This is my very first taste of Ally McBeal... thanks to our good friend Roger for sending me over a copy of this two disc set last month. I found it to be a bit odd... definitely on the quirky side... but entertaining as can be. When I first saw that we would see and hear Ally's thoughts and fantasies I thought it would turn into silly non-sense. But I actually found I enjoyed it... that it actually worked for this show. This show has an odd mixture of comedy and courtroom drama. This is a show I could definitely see myself collecting... so will be looking forward to seeing some more episodes.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: January 03, 2011, 06:18:19 PM »
Medium: The Complete First Season: Disc 1
Pilot (Network Version)
Wile, mother, and psychic Allison DuBois (Patricia Arquette) can communicate with the dead and is convinced she can use her gift to help solve crimes. She's put to the test when she gets a call from the Texas Rangers.

Suspicions And Certainties
Now working for Phoenix District Attorney Manuel Devalos (Miguel Sandoval), Allison is brought in to help with jury selection in order to help convict a killer. But later, she wories the police may have the wrong man.

A Couple Of Choices
As Joe (Jake Weber) wonders how to plan a surprise party for his psychic wife, Allison is partnered with Detective Lee Scanlon (David Cubitt) in order to hunt down a serial killer targeting young newlyweds.

My Thoughts:
I had the urge to watch one of my old favorites this morning. Seeing these early episodes again felt so weird. The kids were so small... and Allison's hair was so long in this first season. I personally think Patricia Arquette looked much better with the long hair. Never cared for her with the shorter styles she had tried. This is a series I always liked... of course I always liked anything to do with the supernatural... whether it is horror monsters or psychics/seeing the dead like in this series. But it was a lot of fun watching these episodes again.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: January 04, 2011, 11:30:03 AM »
Melrose Place: The Complete First Season
Move in to television's most fabulous apartment complex as all 32 sexy, steamy and sensational Season One episodes of 'Melrose Place™' arrive on DVD for the first time!  The guilty pleasure begins when Amy Locane, Andrew Shue, Courtney Thorne-Smith, Daphne Zuniga, Doug Savant, Grant Snow, Heather Locklear, Josie Bissett, Thomas Calabro, and Vanessa Williams star as cool 20-somethings who scheme, scandalize, and seduce each other in a trendy L.A. apartment building where "love thy neighbor" is often taken to new and dramatic extremes.  Sizzling with special features that take you behind the scenes of all the naughty bed-hopping, delicious backstabbing and spine-tingling cliffhangers, this fantastic eight-disc set is a must own for fans of creator Darren Star (Sex and the City) and its pop-culture predecessor 'Beverly Hills 90210™'.  It's time to take a trip back to Melrose Place!

EPISODES:
1. Pilot
2. Friends and Lovers
3. Lost and Found

My Thoughts:
This is one of the shows I never seen before... that was given to me for Christmas. What I watched of it so far... it looks like I could get into the storyline enough to enjoy the series. But it is so much drama... pure drama is a genre I am not too good with... I can only watch a couple episodes at a time before I start to get a little bored with it and ready to watch something else. So this will definitely be one of those shows I only watch 2 or 3 episodes at a time as the mood hits.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: January 04, 2011, 02:07:49 PM »
Medium: The Complete First Season: Disc 2
Night of the Wolf
Her dream of being chased by a wolf starts to make sense when Allison hears the witness to a murder give an inaccurate description to sketch artist. Daughter Bridget (Maria Lark) announces she has a new friend...a boy who died five years ago.

In Sickness And Adultery
Not only does Devalos want Allison to perjure herself on the witness stand, but a psychic warns her that there is trouble brewing in her marriage.

Coming Soon
Allison is positive that a solid citizen is actually a serial killer haunting her dreams. And she and husband Joe prepare for the fact that she might be pregnant.

Jump Start
Allison is surprised when a girl who committed suicide by jumping off a cliff turns out to have been blackmailing and attorney...the same lawyer who tried to expose Allison's gift in court.

My Thoughts:
I felt like watching more episodes of the first season of Medium.  Good episodes on this disc as well. I think my favorite episode on this disc is Coming Soon... as it went in a slightly different direction then most the episodes do. Night Wolf is another excellent episode. By this point in the season we also get the idea that the kids are inheriting Allison's abilities.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: January 04, 2011, 07:34:00 PM »
Tracey Takes On...: Season One
The always hilarious, often outrageous, Tracey Ullman takes on a variety of topics – and faces – from Romance to Royalty and Ruby Romaine, Family to Fame and Fern Rosenthal in the complete first season of her award-winning HBO comedy series, Tracey Takes On...

In HBO's Emmy®-winning series, Tracey portrays her most memorable and amusing characters such as fading star Linda Granger, cab driver Chic, flight attendant Trevor Ayliss, sheepish caretaker Kay Clark, donut store owner Noh Nang Ning, driven fashion editor Janie Pillsworth, awkward college student Hope Finch... and many, many more.

Episodes:
1. Romance
2. Charity
3. Nostalgia

My Thoughts:
This is a series that I never seen before. I blind bought this series when I found it super cheap ($3.00) at Big Lots about a year ago. It isn't a bad series... she has some funny characters. Each episode takes on a certain subject. Th first episode (Romance) is my favorite out of the three I watched so far. I did tire of watching the episodes fairly fast. So is another series that I will be watching here and there when the mood hits... but it is definitely worth the $3 I paid for the set.

My Rating:
Pete