Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched  (Read 255621 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched
« Reply #600 on: June 15, 2010, 11:27:56 PM »

CSI: Season 4 (Discs 2-3)
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™,winner of the 2004 People's Choice Award for "Favorite Television Dramatic Series," comes to DVD in a 6-Disc set with all 23 episodes from Season Four. Look closer...there are also new, never-before-seen bonus features that also warrant further investigation.

Episodes:
5. Fur and Loathing
6. Jackpot
7. Invisible Evidence
8. After the Show
9. Grissom Versus the Volcano
10. Coming of Rage
11. Eleven Angry Jurors
12. Butterflied

My Thoughts:
Went into this one planning on just watching disc #2... but I just couldn't stop there. I had to watch disc 3 as well. Still enjoying every episode. This time I especially enjoyed Coming of Rage and Eleven Angry Jurors. Invisible Evidence was very good as well.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: June 18, 2010, 10:59:38 PM »
I just finished off the last disc (disc 6) of CSI: Season 4. I am still enjoying every minute of this show. Hopefully I won't have to wait too long before getting season 5. Maybe not long at all as I put it on my wishlist that Britt went by for Father's Day. So it is possible I could have more to watch in just a couple days. :)
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: July 05, 2010, 11:02:55 PM »
Today I am watching quite a bit of I Love Lucy episodes. I am well into the second season now. The episodes where Lucy is pregnant. She just had a craving... and was eating Pistachio Ice Cream topped with Hot Fudge.... topped with Sardines! I couldn't imagine!

Though when Dawn was pregnant with Britt... she once ate Tuna fish followed by ice cream... but never together! :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: July 08, 2010, 01:08:23 AM »
I really been on an I Love Lucy kick here lately. I have watched 4 discs worth in the last 3 days! I just finished off season 2... and thinking about starting Season 3. :)
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: July 13, 2010, 11:57:14 PM »
I am still on a bit of an I Love Lucy kick over here. I just now finished season 3. And I am about to start season 4. Season 4 is the season that they go to California... so that will be nice for a change. Getting them out of the same old apartment they are in every episode. The California trip lasts half of season 4 and into the first several episode of season 5. 
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: July 17, 2010, 01:29:30 AM »
I just finished off Season 4 of I Love Lucy.  I am just about to start on Season 5. Where in the second episode she meets the final big star of the California trip when she meets John Wayne.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: July 19, 2010, 05:16:07 PM »
I just finished season 5 of I Love Lucy. That was the season they all went to Europe. It didn't last for as many episodes as the California trip. But was still lots of fun to watch again. I think I will take a little break from Lucy before starting season 6... which is the season that Lucy decides she wants a house in the country.
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #607 on: July 20, 2010, 07:51:09 AM »
How many seasons are there for this one?  I can't remember.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: July 20, 2010, 02:11:43 PM »
It has 6 regular seasons... and then there were very short Seasons 7 (5 hour long eps), 8 (5 Hour long eps) & 9 (3 hour long eps).

Even after saying I want to take a break from the show... last night Britt and I watched almost half of season 6. :P

I think I may just try to finish off the series before next weekend's movie marathon.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 02:13:27 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: July 20, 2010, 02:43:19 PM »
I just put on the I Love Lucy Christmas Special... which is just another episode that aired on Christmas Eve back in the late '50s. One thing surprised me a little on this one. How times has changed. They were saying how the tree isn't even put up till after the kid goes to bed. That Santa also brings the tree. As far as I remember the tree was always a big part of the before Christmas family togetherness thing.

As I watch this episode I am seeing this isn't as much of a Christmas episode as I originally thought. Sure there is some Christmas themes... but it is a reason to have a clip show of clips about finding out about.... and having the baby.
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #610 on: July 20, 2010, 10:03:32 PM »
I've noticed that with a lot of shows..even some now.  The Christmas trees don't go up to Christmas Eve.  For as long as I can remember, we put it up earlier.  It takes me a while to decorate the tree because of all the lights I use, so I want to have it up to enjoy for a while.

hal9g

« Reply #611 on: July 21, 2010, 12:18:03 AM »
Our Christmas tree goes up on the Saturday after Thanksgiving (4th Thursday in November) and must come down before midnight on New Year's Eve (some superstition that my wife has about bad luck if the tree is up when the New Year arrives). 

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: July 21, 2010, 12:26:20 AM »
I've heard of that superstition before. We used to do similar. Now it seems to take a lot of energy to get that darn tree up! everyone growing too old and lazy I guess. :P
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #613 on: July 21, 2010, 12:52:02 AM »
My tree usually goes up sometime around Thanksgiving..sometimes right before and sometimes right after. 
It stays up until sometime in January.  It just depends on how busy work is.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: July 21, 2010, 02:08:48 AM »
Well... I just finished off Season 6 of I Love Lucy... Now I only have the 13 hour long episodes left to watch!  :thumbup:
Pete