Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched  (Read 255627 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: addicted2dvd: What I Been Watching...
« Reply #510 on: November 08, 2009, 01:12:38 AM »

THE HEADLESS GHOST
Hill House is dark, scary and haunted, just the way Duane and Stephanie like it! But if they can't help the ghost of a 13-year-old boy who lost his head there find it, he'll have to borrow one of theirs!

AWESOME ANTS
When pals Dave and Ben start giving the ants in Dave's ant farm real food, the ants love it! Now dave has a growing problem – his dream pet project is becoming his worst nightmare!

TEACHER'S PET
At first, Becca is psyched when her science class goes on an overnight nature retreat. But soon, she wonders whether she'll survive wildlife camp or become... a sssnake sssnack?

My Thoughts
After Brittany and I watched the movie today we decided to watch one of the other DVDs I got her for her birthday. As you can see this disc has 3 episodes from the series on it. I really enjoyed the first episode. It was a pretty entertaining little ghost story. The second one about the ants was just plain weird. Then the third one was pretty good. Sadly at the end of the 3rd one there was a not that said something like Dedicated to the memory of Michelle Rici. She played the main character in that episode. And it seems she passed away shortly after of Meningitis. I enjoyed the first one the most on this disc followed by the last one... and then finally the middle one was my least favorite. And this time Brittany agreed with me on which she liked the best.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched
« Reply #511 on: November 09, 2009, 12:44:54 PM »

Iron Man: Armored Adventures: Vol. 1
Join the adventures of teenage prodigy Tony Starks, and his alter ego Iron Man, as he uses his technological inventions to battle villains and save the world!

Teen genius Tony Stark has just finished his greatest invention: the Iron Man armor. But before he gets to show his dad, Tony's world is shattered. His father, his home, his entire life are all gone, but Tony is left picking up the pieces. But with a little help from his friends Rhodey and Pepper, he begins to unravel the mystery surrounding the attack on his father. And as IRON MAN, Tony Stark takes his first steps toward becoming a new hero for the digital age, fighting high-tech battles in high-octane adventures!

Episodes:
1. Iron Forged in Fire, Part 1
2. Iron Forged in Fire, Part 2
3. Secrets and Lies
4. Cold War
5. Whiplash
6. Iron Man vs. The Crimson Dynamo

My Thoughts:
Last night I watched this DVD with Brittany. It is another one she got for her Birthday... and I promised I would watch it with her this weekend. This is a bit different from any other Iron Man shows I have watched. In this one Tony Stark is just a teenage boy. While that was a little strange for me at first... the show grew on me. He has 2 of his teen friends helping him with the Iron Man project. A guy and a girl. The girl is very annoying... does not shut up for anything in the word. I told Brittany Iron Man needs to install some sleep gas in his armor... so he can get some peace! :P Anyway I found it to be an entertaining series... and Brittany loved it.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: November 17, 2009, 06:13:36 PM »

CSI: Season 3
In this highly successful TV series, Detective Gil Grissom (William Petersen) leads the Las Vegas Police Department's night shift Crime Scene Investigations Unit, one of the top-ranked crime labs in the country. Grissom, along with his partner Catherine Willows (Marg Helgenberger), takes on a series of cases which would be untouchable by other labs, in a city with a constant influx of visitors and a series of increasingly baffling crimes. This 6-volume set includes all 23 episodes from the third season.

Episodes:
21. Forever
22. Play with Fire
23. Inside the Box

My Thoughts:
I finally finished off this 3rd season set. I am still loving every minute of this series. Every one of the episodes on this disc was very good.... but I especially enjoyed the episode Play with Fire where there is an explosion in the CSI lab. I will have to put the next season set on my Christmas Wish List! Maybe I will get lucky!  :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: November 17, 2009, 09:08:38 PM »

Warner Brothers Commemorative DVD Vol. 3
Perfect Strangers: Maid to Order (1989)
With Larry working late and Balki at college, their household chores are falling behind. So they decide to hire a maid. They finally select Mr. Bailey who waits on them hand and foot for practically nothing which ends up getting on Larry's nerves.

Whose Line Is It Anyway?: Show #103 (1998)
The American version of Whose Line debuts with Ryan's infamous foal being born scene.

My Thoughts:
I am normally not that big of a fan of Perfect Strangers... but I enjoyed this episode. I think that was manly because of the supporting cast in this episode. This episode is from when Harriette (Family Matters) was still on the show. And it also had the guest star of Doris Roberts (Everybody Loves Raymond) as the maid Larry and Balki hired.

From what I read on tv.com the episode of Whose Line is it Anyway is the very first episode to air (US Version). And it was hilarious! Matter of fact it made me want to break out the Best of set that I have so I could watch more episodes! I would really like to get the couple of season sets that are out there eventually. I don't know what it is about this show... but it always cracks me up!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: November 17, 2009, 09:50:11 PM »
As I said above... that episode of Whose Line is it Anyway? just put me in the mood for more episodes. So I pulled out the best of set. And the very first episode on the set is one where they have Richard Simmons on. And let me tell you... that episode is absolutely hilarious! I was laughing so hard at this episode that I could even breath at one point... and tears were just streaming out.

And check it out... The entire episode is on google video... give yourself a 22min treat and check out this episode!

hmmm...
Can't seem to get the embed to work... here is the link...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-469655133676776699#
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #515 on: November 17, 2009, 10:03:55 PM »
Do they have the episode with Robin Williams in the "Best of" sets? I thought that was one of the best Whose Line ever!

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: November 17, 2009, 10:57:59 PM »
The Robin Williams ep was always a favorite of mine as well... unfortunately it isn't in this set.  :(
Pete

richierich

« Reply #517 on: November 17, 2009, 11:14:29 PM »
The strange thing I found about the UK whose line is it anyway (the tv series not the original radio show), was it became totally dominated by some great Canadian comedians, by memory called Greg proops, Colin mochrie and of course the great ryan stiles. And perhaps also mike mcshane, was he canadian??

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: November 17, 2009, 11:34:08 PM »
Colin Mochrie and Ryan Stiles were always on the US version as well. And Greg Proops has been on it several times. Thought they were all very good.
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #519 on: November 17, 2009, 11:49:32 PM »
The chemistry between Colin Mochrie and Ryan Stiles is just out of this world! It's incredible! Of course, when you've been working together for so long, you tend to pick up on the others thoughts faster, but still, it's improvisation we're talking about, not the easiest thing to do! They blow me away.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: November 18, 2009, 12:27:04 AM »

The Best of Whose Line is it Anyway? (Disc 1)
No one gets voted off the show. That would be too easy. Instead contestants face crueler fates: be a fish on a TV dating show, Adam and Eve when they first converse, a doo-wop group singing about a girl (and a tragic taxidermy accident). We're not making this up. The are. Host Drew Carey, a clever crew of comedy regulars and special guests (David Hasselhoff, Florence Henderson, Jerry Springer, Richard Simmons, bodybuilder Jane Tricker and more) come up with funny-on-the-fly in the hit series that crosses a game show with mad improvision. Discover 10 of the show's best episodes with all of the censor bars and bleeps removed, so you can enjoy every bit of the delicious and daring funny business in all its glory. Uncensored means that the potential for laughter is unlimited!

My Thoughts:
After that single episode on the free disc I watched today... I just couldn't help but to watch more. And I swear... as down as I been lately... I needed this. This is the most I have laughed in a long time! I am telling you I laughed so hard that my cheeks are still aching. I especially enjoyed the episode where Richard Simmons was the guest. That one was just hilarious! Another episode on this disc had David Hasselhoff for a guest. While it was a pretty good episode... it wasn't nearly as good as most. There is a second disc to this set... but I think I will hold off on watching it again.
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #521 on: November 18, 2009, 03:09:09 AM »
I want to get this set.  I loved this show once I started watching it.  I think I saw the Richard Simmons episode.  I know I saw the Robin Williams episode..that was hilarious.  I don't think I saw the one with Hasslehoff.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: November 18, 2009, 05:24:19 AM »
I want to get this set.  I loved this show once I started watching it.  I think I saw the Richard Simmons episode.  I know I saw the Robin Williams episode..that was hilarious.  I don't think I saw the one with Hasslehoff.
Richard Simmons was that excercise dude, right?

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: November 18, 2009, 05:39:19 AM »

(click to show/hide)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #524 on: November 18, 2009, 06:40:51 AM »
Ack.  I should have know better.  Now I think I'm going to have nightmares.