Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched  (Read 255439 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: addicted2dvd: What I Been Watching...
« Reply #345 on: February 13, 2009, 02:57:20 AM »

Bones: Season 3 (Disc 5)
Who is Gormogon?
When a routine investigation unearths the ghastly trail of a cannibalistic serial killer, forensic anthropologist Dr. Temperance "Bones" Brennan (Emily Deschanel) and F.B.I. Agent Seeley Booth (David Boreanaz) must face the most baffling — and gruesome — case of their careers. While cracking caseloads full of underground extremists, sexual fetishism and charred corpses, the duo relies on Brennan's uncanny scientific ability. Booth's infallible instincts and a brilliant investigative team known as "squints." Now, in the thrilling Season Three of Bones, Brennan and Booth must uncover the shocking truth behind a centuries-old society and stop the Gormogon killer...before it's too late!

Season 4 Bonus Episodes:
1. The Yanks in the UK
2. The Man in the Outhouse
3. The Finger in the Nest

My Thoughts:
Even though it hasn't been all that long since I seen these episodes I still enjoyed them very much. As I am sure I will again when the season 4 set is released. I can't believe how fast I went through this set. I just couldn't stop watching it this show... it is one I wouldn't think twice about recommending to anyone.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 15, 2009, 12:56:40 AM »

The Facts of Life: Season 3 (Disc 1)
School is back in session as Mrs. Garrett and the girls of Eastland return for the third season of THE FACTS OF LIFE, one of the biggest TV hits of the '80s! Charlotte Rae (1982 Emmy® nominee for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series) stars as school nutritionist Edna Garrett, who serves up her no-nonsense advice - and big laughs - to Blair (Lisa Whelchel), Tootie (Kim Fields), Natalie (Mindy Cohn), and Jo (Nancy McKeon). The four girls are maturing into responsible young women, and yet there is still so much more to learn.

Third season highlights include the girls' adventures in Manhattan, the cute boys of Bates Academy, the return of Cousin Geri, and even a special guest-star appearance by Jermaine Jackson. From the opening lines of the classic theme song to every one of Blair's "brilliant ideas," enjoy the poignant and hilarious moments of THE FACTS OF LIFE's third season, digitally mastered and on DVD for the first time!

EPISODES:
1. Growing Pains
2. Fear Strikes Back
3. A Baby in the House
4. A Friend in Deed
5. Front Page
6. Give and Take
7. Sweet Sorrow
8. From Russia with Love

My Thoughts:
I am still enjoying this sitcom from the early '80s. Wow... it is had to believe these episodes are over 20 years old. Enough to make a guy feel old! There was some really good episodes on this disc. I especially enjoyed Fear Strikes Back. Really looking forward to watching the rest of the set. And I am hoping against hope that more season sets will be released.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 15, 2009, 03:15:04 PM »

Square Pegs: Complete Series (Eps. 1-4)
SQUARE PEGS follows the hilarious misadventures of Patty (Sarah Jessica Parker, TV's "Sex and the City") and Lauren (Amy Linker), two freshmen girls desperate to fit in at Weemawee High School. Befriended by oddball characters Marshall (John Femia), a budding comedian, and Johnny Slash (Merritt Butrick), a wacky new-waver, Patty and Lauren still hope to impress the popular kids: valley girl Jennifer (Tracy Nelson), her tough boyfriend Vinnie (Jon Caliri), and their sassy friend LaDonna (Claudette Wells). And it would "behoove us" to not forget Muffy (Jami Gertz), the ever-peppy preppie!

Acclaimed by critics, SQUARE PEGS struck a chord with viewers of all ages and developed a huge cult following. Featuring guest stars Bill Murray, Martin Mull – plus New Wave acts Devo and The Waitresses (who perform the opening theme) – all 19 digitally remastered, rad episodes are now available in this awesome 3-disc set, on DVD for, like totally, the first time ever!

Episodes:
1. Square Pegs (Pilot)
2. A Cafeteria Line
3. Pac-Man Fever
4. Square Pigskins

My Thoughts:
What to say about this series... It is a show I watched years ago when it first ran.... but it has been so long since I seen it I really don't remember any of it. I can't get over how young Sarah Jessica Parker was in this series... makes me feel old! I was in high school myself when this first ran... and even though over-exaggerated... I hate to admit how close to how my high school this was. And all those '80s styles and such... were we really that bad? Could almost make you ill thinking about it! The show itself is entertaining... but at this point I would say not as good as I remembered it being. It really started off a bit on the average side... but it did seem to start to pick up after the first couple episodes... so I have hopes that it will pick up some more.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 15, 2009, 09:00:37 PM »

Dead Like Me (Discs 1-4)
Proving that "reapers are anything but grim company" (The Plain Dealer), this "deliciously dark comedy about the afterlife" (Newsday) returns for "a second season as strong as its first" (Philadelphia Daily News) with guest appearances by Eric McCormack ("Will & Grace") and Gavin DeGraw. Thanks to breakout star Ellen Muth's "prickly charm," "Dead Like Me" has "an amusingly odd and touching energy all its own" (Detroit Free Press).

After more than a year as a grim reaper, George (Muth) has realized that being a teenager in the afterlife is as complex as in real life. There are still unrequited crushes, agonizing dilemmas and the occasional bad attitude. Along with her kooky co-reapers Daisy (Laura Harris), Mason (Callum Blue), Roxy (Jasmine Guy) and Rube (Mandy Patinkin), George struggles to collect souls while managing her own awkward development... into a mature reaper!

My Thoughts:
I just finished off the entire second season of Dead Like Me. I ended up watching the entire 2 season run in preparation for the release of the new Dead Like Me: Life After Death movie that is released on Tuesday. Oddly... especially considering how much I enjoyed this series... I bought season 2 on April 5. 2007 and until now I never watched the DVDs. It really is a great series... it is such a shame Showtime decided to cancel it after only 2 seasons. It is strange... my favorite episodes of this series is the Pilot Episode and Haunted (the final episode). Not that all the episodes aren't all good... because they are. Now I am looking forward to watching the new movie... hoping to have it in time for my next Weekend Movie Marathon.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 16, 2009, 12:35:11 AM »

One Day at a Time: Season 1 (Eps. 5-7)
ONE DAY AT A TIME, executive produced and developed by Norman Lear, is one of the most successful TV series of the 1970s and 1980s. Bonnie Franklin stars as Ms. Ann Romano, a newly divorced and very liberated woman trying her best to raise two teenaged daughters., Julie and Barbara, as they start their new life together in Indianapolis. Building superintendent Dwayne Schneider, a Casanove with a pass key, supplies comic relief, while baby-faced attorney David Kane tempts Ann to reconsider her single state. But Ann's priority is discovering her own potential, and helping her daughters discover theirs - ONE DAY AT A TIME!

Episodes:
5. David Loves Ann
6. Julie's Best Friend
7. Super Blues

My Thoughts:
As I said when I watched the first four episodes... I was never much of a fan of the lawyer David that was so much in love with Ann. But I have to admit... he is starting to grow on me. I think when I was watching this as a kid... my attention span didn't go much further then the 2 teen daughters on the show... but now that I am older I am appreciating the entire show more. These 3 episodes were all really good. Especially episode #5... David Loves Ann... that episode had some really funny moments in it.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 16, 2009, 09:14:27 PM »

Friday the 13th: The Series (Eps. 17-20)
Make a Date With Death....
as Friday the 13th - The Series makes its chilling debut on DVD with all 26 wickedly good first-season episodes on 6 discs! When two distant cousins inherit the strange "Curious Goods" antique shop, they soon discover that their deceased uncle paid the ultimate price for the hexed items in the store: his soul was claimed by Satan. Now, it' up to them and an eccentric antiques dealer to find each diabolical item sold from the store before it manifests it's evil powers. Open the door to true terror with the series that's crawling with psychological suspense and spine-tingling mysteries you won't want to miss!

Episodes:
17. The Electrocutioner
18. Brain Drain
19. The Quilt of Hathor
20. The Quilt of Hathor: The Awakening

My Thoughts:
I am really starting to get back into this series... 4 more episodes watched. All of which were good episodes... but I especially enjoyed the 2-parter of The Quilt of Hathor. Looking forward to watching some more episodes of this show over the next week. Reading ahead on the episode descriptions it sounds like some more good ones coming up.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 17, 2009, 11:54:14 AM »

Square Pegs: Complete Series (Eps. 5-7)
SQUARE PEGS follows the hilarious misadventures of Patty (Sarah Jessica Parker, TV's "Sex and the City") and Lauren (Amy Linker), two freshmen girls desperate to fit in at Weemawee High School. Befriended by oddball characters Marshall (John Femia), a budding comedian, and Johnny Slash (Merritt Butrick), a wacky new-waver, Patty and Lauren still hope to impress the popular kids: valley girl Jennifer (Tracy Nelson), her tough boyfriend Vinnie (Jon Caliri), and their sassy friend LaDonna (Claudette Wells). And it would "behoove us" to not forget Muffy (Jami Gertz), the ever-peppy preppie!

Acclaimed by critics, SQUARE PEGS struck a chord with viewers of all ages and developed a huge cult following. Featuring guest stars Bill Murray, Martin Mull – plus New Wave acts Devo and The Waitresses (who perform the opening theme) – all 19 digitally remastered, rad episodes are now available in this awesome 3-disc set, on DVD for, like totally, the first time ever!

Episodes:
5. Halloween XII
6. A Simple Attachment
7. Weemaweegate

My Thoughts:
I am really enjoying this show more with every episode I watch. To this point my favorite episode would have to be the Halloween episode. It is a really fun episode. A  close second would have to be Weemaweegate. It really had a lot of fun scenes... though it was pretty obvious who was playing the tricks on Vinnie in it. I pretty much knew it from the beginning of the episode. I am really looking forward to watching the rest of the episodes.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 17, 2009, 05:27:11 PM »

Birds of Prey: Complete Series (Disc 1)
Who will stand up to villains now that a heartbroken Dark Knight has mysteriously vanished? Never fear, New Gothamites, a trio of champions is ready to take wing - and Helena, the daughter of Batman and Catwoman, is among them. She calls herself Huntress and crime is her prey. Teenaged Dinah is the youngest of the group, learning as she goes and gifted in clairvoyance. And overseeing the awesome threesome's high-tech nerve center is Batgirl. Left wheelchair-bound by The Joker, she has reinvented herself as Oracle, the team’s cyber expert. Huntress, Dinah, Oracle: They are the Birds of Prey. Fighting together. Living together. And soaring into adventure together in 13 breathtaking live-action episodes.

EPISODES:
1. Pilot
2. Slick
3. Prey for the Hunter
4. Three Bird and a Baby

My Thoughts:
The mood hit for some Superhero action today. So I thought I would watch some episodes of this show. A show I always enjoyed every minute of. Sure there were some episodes that were not quite as good as the others... but even those episodes were above average. This is a fun show with lots of fighting action. I definitely enjoyed my morning watching the first disc.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 18, 2009, 12:30:51 AM »

The Facts of Life: Season 3 (Eps. 9-12)
School is back in session as Mrs. Garrett and the girls of Eastland return for the third season of THE FACTS OF LIFE, one of the biggest TV hits of the '80s! Charlotte Rae (1982 Emmy® nominee for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series) stars as school nutritionist Edna Garrett, who serves up her no-nonsense advice - and big laughs - to Blair (Lisa Whelchel), Tootie (Kim Fields), Natalie (Mindy Cohn), and Jo (Nancy McKeon). The four girls are maturing into responsible young women, and yet there is still so much more to learn.

Third season highlights include the girls' adventures in Manhattan, the cute boys of Bates Academy, the return of Cousin Geri, and even a special guest-star appearance by Jermaine Jackson. From the opening lines of the classic theme song to every one of Blair's "brilliant ideas," enjoy the poignant and hilarious moments of THE FACTS OF LIFE's third season, digitally mastered and on DVD for the first time!

EPISODES:
9. Dear Me
10. Cousin Geri Returns aka Geri's Romance
11. Legacy
12. Green-Eyed Monster 

My Thoughts:
Decided to watch a few more episodes today. For the most part very good episodes. I am now about half way done the entire season. It is such a shame there has been no sign that this series will continue on DVD. I would have liked to been able to complete this series. As would my daughter... this is now one of Brittany's favorite old series.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 20, 2009, 12:05:08 AM »

One Day at a Time: Season 1 (Eps. 8-11)
ONE DAY AT A TIME, executive produced and developed by Norman Lear, is one of the most successful TV series of the 1970s and 1980s. Bonnie Franklin stars as Ms. Ann Romano, a newly divorced and very liberated woman trying her best to raise two teenaged daughters., Julie and Barbara, as they start their new life together in Indianapolis. Building superintendent Dwayne Schneider, a Casanove with a pass key, supplies comic relief, while baby-faced attorney David Kane tempts Ann to reconsider her single state. But Ann's priority is discovering her own potential, and helping her daughters discover theirs - ONE DAY AT A TIME!

Episodes:
8. All the Way
9. Fighting City Hall
10. David Plus 2
11. Julie's Job

My Thoughts:
Four more episodes of this classic sitcom. Since the first season was a short one I am almost done the set already. Only 4 more episodes to go. While all 4 episodes watched this time was good... I especially enjoyed 2 of them. "All the Way" and "Julie's Job."
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 22, 2009, 01:51:06 AM »

NCIS: Season 1 (Disc 1)
N.C.I.S.: THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON follows an elite team of special agents who operate outside the military chain of command. Led by Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs (Mark Harmon), a tough, highly skilled investigator who's willing to bend the rules to get the job done, this tight-knit crew travel the world investigating everything from murder and espionage to terrorism and kidnapping in this 6-disc set featuring all 23 pulse-pounding episodes from this unique and dynamic show that's "...taught, smart and wonderfully unpredictable."

Episodes:
1. Yankee White
2. Hung Out to Dry
3. Seadog
4. The Immortals

My Thoughts:
This is a show I have loved since the pilot episode originally aired. And I just had a strong urge to start watching some of the episodes again. Seeing these old episodes makes me miss the character of Kate. But my favorite character on the series?... Abby... the Goth forensic scientist.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 22, 2009, 01:58:21 AM »

Sabrina the Teenage Witch: Season 5 (Disc 1)
Melissa Joan Hart is back as Sabrina Spellman, television's most popular teen witch! This season, Sabrina's enrolled in college in Boston, where she discovers just how hard it is juggling school, romance and three new roommates: straight-talking Roxie (Soliel Moon Frye, TV's Punky Brewster), resident advisor Morgan (Elisa Donovan), and science geek Miles (Trevor Lissauer). Still working at the coffeehouse with her secret crush Josh (David Lascher), Sabrina is surprised when Aunt Hilda (Caroline Rhea) decides to buy the popular establishment. And since Aunt Zelda (Beth Broderick) now teaches at Sabrina's college, talking cat Salem (voiced by Nick Bakay) is able to conjure up even more Outrageous schemes! Included on 3 discs are all 22 digitally remastered episodes of Sabrina, the Teenage Witch®: The Fifth Season!

Episodes:
1. Every Witch Way but Loose
2. Double-Time
3. Heart of the Matter
4. You Can't Twin
5. House of Pi's
6. The Halloween Scene
7. Welcome, Traveler
8. Some of My Best Friends Are Half-Mortals

My Thoughts:
Now this is nice... watching an old favorite... but episodes I have never seen before. This is the year Sabrina goes to college. But it is also the year it left ABC to go to The WB. And at the time we didn't get The WB in our area... by the time we did get it Sabrina was off the air. So from this point on... all new episodes to me! I was a little worried about the transition to college... but Over-all I am really enjoying it so far. And I like the new cast members. So far my favorite episodes has been You Can't Twin and The Halloween Scene.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 22, 2009, 04:11:25 PM »

Party of Five (Eps. 4-5)
After the sudden loss of their parents, the Salingers must band together to keep their own lives on track, discovering first loves, last calls, and themselves along the rocky road to growing up. Headlined by a young, sexy cast, including Neve Campbell, Scott Wolf, and Lacey Chabert, this highly rated, long-running series (1994-2000) firmly found its place as a pop culture phenomenon for all ages. Shot through with equal doses heartache and laugher, PARTY OF FIVE: COMPLETE FIRST SEASON remains an emotional knockout, delivering 22 episodes of the Golden Globe-winning (Best TV Seris, Drama, 1996) series breakthrough debut season, proving again that home is where the heart is.

Episodes:
4. Worth Waiting For
5. All's Fair

My Thoughts:
After five episodes this series is slowly starting to grow on me. I am usually not much for strict dramas... but the characters on this series is likable and the stories are good. So I do feel myself being drawn into the storyline. Only problem is this is a pure drama... which means I will only be able to handle about 2 to 3 episodes per viewing.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 22, 2009, 06:55:53 PM »

One Day at a Time: Season 1 (Eps. 12-15)

Episodes:
12. The College Man
13. Father David
14. Dad Comes Back – Part 1
15. Dad Comes Back – Part 2

My Thoughts:
This finishes off the first season. It is a rather short season... but I enjoyed it a lot. More then I remembered enjoying it when I first seen the series on TV. I would really like to see the second season released. I would really hate to see only these 15 episodes in my collection.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 22, 2009, 11:37:59 PM »

Sabrina the Teenage Witch: Season 5 (Eps. 9-12)
Melissa Joan Hart is back as Sabrina Spellman, television's most popular teen witch! This season, Sabrina's enrolled in college in Boston, where she discovers just how hard it is juggling school, romance and three new roommates: straight-talking Roxie (Soliel Moon Frye, TV's Punky Brewster), resident advisor Morgan (Elisa Donovan), and science geek Miles (Trevor Lissauer). Still working at the coffeehouse with her secret crush Josh (David Lascher), Sabrina is surprised when Aunt Hilda (Caroline Rhea) decides to buy the popular establishment. And since Aunt Zelda (Beth Broderick) now teaches at Sabrina's college, talking cat Salem (voiced by Nick Bakay) is able to conjure up even more Outrageous schemes! Included on 3 discs are all 22 digitally remastered episodes of Sabrina, the Teenage Witch®: The Fifth Season!

Episodes:
9. Lost @ C
10. Sabrina's Perfect Christmas
11. My Best Shot
12. Tick-Tock Hilda's Clock

My Thoughts:
Four more episodes that I really enjoyed. I especially enjoyed the Christmas episode.  One thing that caught me off guard... in the last couple episodes I watched... there was a change that I am still not totally sure how I feel about it. In it Sabrina dyed her hair a dark red. Don't get me wrong... red hair on a woman is my all-time favorite... but it just seemed weird on her at this point. At this point I hope it isn't a permanent thing.
Pete